• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Finished Rocky II. For whatever reason, I enjoyed this more than the first one. Still cheesy as ever. Especially when Adrian tells him to win and suddenly he gets better. I still think Rocky is a big man child. The scenes with the commercials had me laughing.

Apollo is still great. As is Mick. Also, I have to say, the boxing match was more entertaining this time around.

I will boot up for third one tomorrow.

Finished Rocky II. For whatever reason, I enjoyed this more than the first one. Still cheesy as ever. Especially when Adrian tells him to win and suddenly he gets better. I still think Rocky is a big man child. The scenes with the commercials had me laughing.

Apollo is still great. As is Mick. Also, I have to say, the boxing match was more entertaining this time around.

While the first film is the only one I will call a legit great film, the third one is my favorite. It has the best "villain" of the entire series with Mr. T as Clubber Lang, and also the most emotionally satisfying fight at the end of it. When the music flares up as this one particular punch lands, I always squeal in delight a bit. It is so satisfying.

3940806-clubber-lang-64743.jpg

Also, you can thank Rocky III for giving us the Eye of the Tiger!

Oh, and I also like that after over 30 years, we still don't know how that one on one match right before the credits went. They referenced it in the Creed trailer, but I hope they never give us an answer to it. It should be something that is only known to the two people involved.

EDIT: Allow this tiny, spoiler free little clip to prepare you for the awesomeness that is Clubber Lang.

Daria

Starting SCRUBS from the beginning for the fourth time. Hopefully I'll be able to keep better track on what episodes i get through this time.

Rocky 1 is the best for me but yeah Balboa never shuts the hell up lol. I think he might have 40 seconds of silence in the first two films.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
My List has inexplicably turned into total gibberish...?!

EDIT: It's fixed now. That was interesting.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
While the first film is the only one I will call a legit great film, the third one is my favorite. It has the best "villain" of the entire series with Mr. T as Clubber Lang, and also the most emotionally satisfying fight at the end of it. When the music flares up as this one particular punch lands, I always squeal in delight a bit. It is so satisfying.

Oh, and I also like that after over 30 years, we still don't know how that one on one match right before the credits went. They referenced it in the Creed trailer, but I hope they never give us an answer to it. It should be something that is only known to the two people involved.

EDIT: Allow this tiny, spoiler free little clip to prepare you for the awesomeness that is Clubber Lang.

I'm looking forward to the third movie for Mr. T. And the fourth one because of how insane/crazy everyone says it is.

Rocky 1 is the best for me but yeah Balboa never shuts the hell up lol. I think he might have 40 seconds of silence in the first two films.

Way too much. Wouldn't be too bad if he wasn't asking questions all the time.

Vyer

3940806-clubber-lang-64743.jpg

The fourth holds a special place in my heart. That was the first time I'd ever seen a movie theater audience react to a film like that. Everyone in that theater wanted Drago's ass kicked, and I think some of the good ol boys sitting in the audience were on that full blown MERICA kick. Little kid me thought it was a blast.

The fourth holds a special place in my heart. That was the first time I'd ever seen a movie theater audience react to a film like that. Everyone in that theater wanted Drago's ass kicked, and I think some of the good ol boys sitting in the audience were on that full blown MERICA kick. Little kid me thought it was a blast.

Oh, Rocky IV still is special to me. I remember seeing that in theaters and it was so much fun as a kid. I was one of those wanting Drago's ass kicked.

The problem is that now that I watch it as an adult, I recognize that it is just a revenge flick that is a few boxing matches strung together with a few music montages.

Rocky IV still has the greatest training montage and song in the history of mankind. Shit, after looking up and watching it it makes me want to go run a few miles and climb a mountain.

Nyx

Saw The Inbetweeners 2 last night and I laughed quite a lot.
If you liked the series or the first movie you can't go wrong with this.

tomtom94

Saw The Inbetweeners 2 last night and I laughed quite a lot.
If you liked the series or the first movie you can't go wrong with this.

Agreed, it's very funny, not quite as good as the first movie though. I think it feels like a feature-length episode of the series rather than a film, if that makes sense.

(plus I hate what they did to Lucy)

lordxar

Rocky and Rocky 2 down. All this talk pushed me into watching them. Totally forgot how many movies there actually were. May watch 3 tonight, really need to pity a fool now!

It's been up for a while but I finally watched All This Mayhem last night. I went in only knowing the absolute basics about the story and thought it was a great documentary. Would recommend it even if you aren't into skateboarding.

Calabi

Just watched Coherence. Kind of similar to Primer same sort of budget(barring the actors) but not about Time travel instead about quantum uncertainty. Camera work was a bit annoying, handheld out of focus wobbly and every one talks at the same time sort of thing, but I thought it was good pretty good.

Just watched Coherence. Kind of similar to Primer same sort of budget(barring the actors) but not about Time travel instead about quantum uncertainty. Camera work was a bit annoying, handheld out of focus wobbly and every one talks at the same time sort of thing, but I thought it was good pretty good.

I liked coherence as well. I enjoyed that it didn't drag out the reveal of what was happening like a lot of films would but instead spent more time focused on the characters after they had an idea about their situation.

I loved it.

If you havent also watched Bones Brigade and the Christian Hosoi doc (rising son?) they offer really good alternative views on the 80's/90's scene.

RedAssedApe

Banned

i liked it. some of the characters were super annoying though. think it might have been the acting haha

speaking of primer...is their follow-up upstream color good? i've had it in my queue for awhile just haven't gotten around to watching

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bible Secrets Revealed Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Faith)
Je suis Femen (Documentary, Biographical)
Perfect Stranger (Thriller)
Set Fire to the Stars (Drama)

France:

Skins Season 1-6 (TV, Drama, UK)

Brazil:

The Blind Side (Drama)

i liked it. some of the characters were super annoying though. think it might have been the acting haha

speaking of primer...is their follow-up upstream color good? i've had it in my queue for awhile just haven't gotten around to watching

Upstream Color is incredible. I liked it more than Primer.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Can still access Netflix US with Mediahint so that's safe atleast.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Actually, I got the same page the other day. It went away after a refresh. I wasn't trying to switch regions, was loading up Netflix at work and that page popped up.

Top Bottom