• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Adfreetime is the same thing and nobody has had any issues using it. You can't go wrong with either one. I just think people recommend unblock because they are loyal customers to unblock (myself included).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

24 Days (Drama, Foreign)
A Nightmare on Elm Street ('84, Horror, Slasher, Supernatural)
Analyze This/That (Comedy)
Arthur Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Come Drink with Me (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)
Goats (Indie, Comedy)
H20: Mermaid Adventures Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Hercules ('14, Action)
Interview with the Vampire (Drama, Supernatural)
Jim Norton: Contextually Inadequate (Stand-up)
Martial Arts of Shaolin (Action, Martial Arts)
Maverick (Action, Comedy)
Out of the Dark (Comedy, Foreign)
Shaolin Martial Arts (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)
Sword of Vengeance (Action)
Teacher of the Year (Indie, Comedy)
The Avenging Eagle (Action, Martial Arts)
The Burning Pain (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
The Goonies (Family, It is our time)
The Guest (Indie, Thriller)
The Road to Fallujah (Documentary, Social)
Witches of East End Season 2 (TV, Fantasy)
Young & Hungry Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Zero Motivation (Comedy, Drama, Foreign)

Canada:

Rectify Season 3 (TV, Drama)
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (Action, SciFi)

UK:

Arena (Action, SciFi)
Despicable Me 2 (Family)
Live at the Apollo Season 7-10 (TV, Comedy)
Olympus Season 1 (TV, Action, Fantasy)
Salsa (Drama, Romantic)
Sons of Anarchy Season 7 (TV, Action)
The Mighty Ducks (Family, Quack)
The World's End (Comedy)

France:

Broadchurch Season 2 (TV, Drama)
Shrek Forever After (Family)
Shrek the Third (Family)
Space Dandy Season 2 (Anime)
The Bletchley Circle Season 2 (TV, Drama)
The Vampire Diaries Season 5 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)

Australia:

Goosebumps Season 1-4 (TV, Kids)
Longmire Season 3 (TV, Drama, Crime)
The Magic School Bus Season 1-4 (TV, Kids)

Mexico:

Promised Land (Drama)
The Sound of Music Live ('13, Family)
Where the Wild Things Are (Family)

Brazil:

Bates Motel Season 2 (TV, Drama)
Legend of the Guardians (Family)
The Blacklist Season 2 (TV, Drama)

stn

Anyone have information on how Netflix is shown through Google Chromecast? What if the TV is a whole floor beneath the router, might that cause lag in stream quality? Also, how does it work with AppleTV? Thanks.

Wow! I'm glad you watched!

Did you notice where Luke said (I think in an early episode)
that he may have thought of a girl as settling down material when proded by his coworkers? I'm pretty sure that was Phoebe.

So sad ;(

Yeah I clocked that. I'm hoping it gets a second season, I didn't hear anyone in the UK talking about it so it must have been pretty under the radar.

Anyone have information on how Netflix is shown through Google Chromecast? What if the TV is a whole floor beneath the router, might that cause lag in stream quality? Also, how does it work with AppleTV? Thanks.

Works fine for me on a separate floor from the router. I havent looked into it in a while but it didn't have a simple way to use a VPN last time I looked into it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
US movies that are expiring on 8/1

The Birdcage
Face/Off
The Fifth Element
Hitch
In Dreams
Kiss the Girls
Leon
The Puffy Chair
Titanic
Unbreakable

Asbel

Just finished Grace and Frankie. Was a fun slice of life show with a little extra weirdness. Maybe. Depending on what you consider normal or weird. Any dramedy recommendations along the lines of this and OITNB? Preferably a show.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished Grace and Frankie. Was a fun slice of life show with a little extra weirdness. Maybe. Depending on what you consider normal or weird. Any dramedy recommendations along the lines of this and OITNB? Preferably a show.

Psych - Best bromance on tv.
House - One of the best medical dramas, plus House is sarcastic as fuck.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
A couple here have watched it:

Been watching the tv show Rectify. Quality drama about a dude who is released from prison and the ensuing drama around that, with his family and various other people who were/are connected to the case. Well acted, pretty engaging stuff all round.

Season 1 was great, loved it. Season 2, however, I stopped halfway, it got boring.

It kinda did, but I still loved it. The performances are just so great.

My wife and I marathoned the first season of Rectify in the past two nights. I can't recommend this highly enough-it's one of the best television shows I've ever seen and easily the most impressive debut season I've ever seen. It is only 6 episodes though so it's quick. Seriously though, amazing show.

I need to watch it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Definitely watch it, great drama with a great cast. Prepare to feel bad for literally everyone though, nobody wins in that show, its dark.

Just finished watching through all of Scrubs again for like the fifth time. I don't think a show will ever top it for me. Psych comes close, but I feel it got a little boring in the middle.

Other than that I watched Hector and the Search for Happiness, which I enjoyed. I'm also 8 episodes into Marco Polo and finding it hard to appreciate without knowing anything about the history of the era. I feel like I'm missing what's fictional and what really happened.

Overall I've been pretty disappointed with the quality of movies they've been adding lately. It's been great for TV shows but sometimes I just want a good 2 hour movie. I feel like a lot of shows these days I'm just watching for the 5 minutes of narrative on the arc rather than the individual plots of an episode.

tomtom94

Just finished watching The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 1 (just went up in Canada).

It's the most character-driven of the films thus far - definitely not one for new fans, either, given the sheer number of characters you're expected to recognise. This is probably not to its benefit; parts of the film tend to drag and the third act is pretty obviously not a climax (although I will give props to the ending).

However, Jennifer Lawrence and the ridiculously over-qualified supporting cast carry the film throughout (and, as an aside, Josh Hutcherson continues to be overlooked as Peeta) the action set-pieces are very well shot, and it sets up this year's upcoming finale well.

Also, it was co-written by Jonathan from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Who also created Empire, in what will probably be really useful for pub quizzes in a decade's time.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I watched Rocky IV: The Music Video just now. People were right, it is over-the-top. From Apollo's
spectacle and death
, to four straight music montages, to Rocky
training in Russia
, it was all fun. I knew when the
robot
came out I was in for a treat. Most random thing I have seen in a movie in awhile. Seriously, what was that about?

The more I watch Rocky fight, the more I think of him as Homer Simpson in that one episode where he boxes. Just stands there getting hit over and over.

I love that, in case you missed the movie you just watched, they recap the whole movie in the credits lol.

Nyx

After a long night at a festival I spent my entire Sunday on the couch watching Netflix.

Tried New Girl as I heard some good things about it and was surprised at how funny it is, great little show!

Karu

Rectify Season 3 (TV, Drama)
wait... that's supposed to say Season 2, no?

And to the previous question... Top tier television. In terms of contemporary fiction on TV you can't get a much better show than Rectify (that's on right now or even of alltime).

wait... that's supposed to say Season 2, no?

And to the previous question... Top tier television. In terms of contemporary fiction on TV you can't get a much better show than Rectify (that's on right now or even of alltime).

Nah, 2 is already on there, episodes are getting up simultaneously while airing.

Nizz

Just finished watching The Hunger Games Mockingjay - Part 1 (just went up in Canada).

It's the most character-driven of the films thus far - definitely not one for new fans, either, given the sheer number of characters you're expected to recognise. This is probably not to its benefit; parts of the film tend to drag and the third act is pretty obviously not a climax (although I will give props to the ending).

However, Jennifer Lawrence and the ridiculously over-qualified supporting cast carry the film throughout (and, as an aside, Josh Hutcherson continues to be overlooked as Peeta) the action set-pieces are very well shot, and it sets up this year's upcoming finale well.

Also, it was co-written by Jonathan from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Who also created Empire, in what will probably be really useful for pub quizzes in a decade's time.
You know, I have never seen any of the Hunger Games movies. For some reason I've never felt compelled to watch them. Catching Fire is on US Netflix, should I give it a try?

I know I'm missing part of the story not seeing it from the beginning. Too bad the first movie isn't up for streaming.

You know, I have never seen any of the Hunger Games movies. For some reason I've never felt compelled to watch them. Catching Fire is on US Netflix, should I give it a try?

I know I'm missing part of the story not seeing it from the beginning. Too bad the first movie isn't up for streaming.

You seriously miss nothing if you wont watch the movies. They are a waste of time.

Its like Battle Royale for Kids.

tomtom94

Well, I enjoy them, and Catching Fire is the best of them.

The Hunger Games aren't bad movies and they have a decent enough story.

Battle Royale is more of a horror/gore film. There is very little story at all.

The only thing they have in common is kids being pit against each other

Top Bottom