• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

It's so annoying that Netflix has Mission Impossible 1,2 and Ghost Protocol but not 3. Screw you Netflix UK!

Also, where's freaking Doctor Who series 8 and White Collar Season 6, I hope they comes soon.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Piggybacking off this, I got an email today about a documentary/behind the scenes of Sense8 being added today. It's called Sense8: Creating the World

I have to watch it. Amazingly shot show.

It's so annoying that Netflix has Mission Impossible 1,2 and Ghost Protocol but not 3. Screw you Netflix UK!

Also, where's freaking Doctor Who series 8 and White Collar Season 6, I hope they comes soon.

Get a DNS blocker. All that stuff is available somewhere.

lordxar

But its a pretty expensive (well $1400) and brand new samsung curved uhd tv, so i would be surprised (and angry) if they dont deliver 4k on netflix.

Mine was half that but I was still surprised the built in Netflix app didn't do 4k....seems dumb. Here's your cool new TV now enjoy last gen content. Ah well. That's my gaming screen anyway.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I binged out as well.

Birdman (Canada): Blind watch. Really, I only knew about it due to the award hype the film received. This seems like a (really) hate it or love it type of film. I loved it.

It is beautiful shot. The one single continuous shot (up until the end anyway) the movie produces, is amazing and fun to watch. The story and pacing were well done.

The cast was good, but I have to say that Michael Keaton and Edward Norton were brilliant. Especially Michael. This is probably my favorite film of his.

Crazy, Stupid, Love (Australia): Cliche, romantic film. But not without its charm. I actually enjoyed it. I find myself like Steve Carell's (almost) serious movies over his comedic ones. Well recommended if you like a good rom-com.

Hercules ('14, Australia): The story is weak, but its the Rock kicking ass, what more could you want? Turn your mind off and enjoy. The action scenes are good, dialogue can be cheesy, and the ending seems to be rushed. Still, I enjoyed it for what it was.

Sense8: Creating the World: Great insight in what it took to create the show. The level of detail that went into the show is fantastic. I love that they used local actors for each of the cities they shot in. It was nice to see the cast get along so well. Each of them excited to show their cast members the city they grew up in.

Scrotal Recall is fantastic.

Agreed. Great little series. Antonia Thomas was great.

Exuro

I finally got a big screen tv and yesterday I looked through the movies on netflix and decided to check out Hercules. I'm surprised how entertaining it was ans was expecting it to be terrible but it was pretty fun to watch. Really like how they portrayed greek mythology and it's hard to not like Dwayne.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I finally got a big screen tv and yesterday I looked through the movies on netflix and decided to check out Hercules. I'm surprised how entertaining it was ans was expecting it to be terrible but it was pretty fun to watch. Really like how they portrayed greek mythology and it's hard to not like Dwayne.

Dwanye was great. I wished they played up the mythology more though. Like the battle at the end,
I was looking forward to the fight between the centaurs and Hercules. Or even more magic stuff that they hyped up in the first half.

The Guest was kind of great but also kind of terrible? I honestly can't figure out my opinion on it.

I think it is because it is two different movies (first half and second half). Second half kinda goes off the rails too.

Symphonia

Banned
I finally got around to watching Wet Hot American Summer. The film, not the Netflix series. What a brilliant film. The casting is ideal for each character. It got a bit weird in places (the craft teacher getting almost romantic with the kid was a highpoint/lowpoint) but was overall enjoyable. Great soundtrack too. Will definitely check out the series next.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Definitely watch the series. I'm not finish it with it, but I think it does a great job of capturing the humor/feel of the movie. Which is amazing considering the movie came out in '01.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Enjoyed rewatching Shanghai Noon. Great buddy action comedy.

I love the scene when Jackie is drunk out his mind, and they are trying to escape. Jackie hops on the horse facing the wrong way. Always kills me.

The sequel is good too. First one was better though.

the concept behind knights of sidonia seems interesting enough.... is it worth watching though?

I asked before, general consensus is yes. Even if you aren't an anime fan.

manfestival

I asked before, general consensus is yes. Even if you aren't an anime fan.

Good enough for me. I will probably binge watch the first season this weekend if I get a chance. While I love mechs and anime. I feel like 3D mechs in anime has totally made things far more bland in general. I still watch the shows though

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Watched Wyrmwood Road of the Dead last night and its every bit as dumb and glorious as Zombeavers!
Same here, haven't watched zombeavers but thought wyrmwood was a pretty fun movie, with definite sequel potential. I was sad the aborigine guy died, he had a certain way of talking that I found enjoyable.

Xater

Have to add this. Last recommendation (zombeavers) was spot on.

I'm watching Wyrmwood right now and it's just ok. Not dumb enough to be fun like Zombeavers and not serious is enough to be actually good. They also paly it real fast an loose with their rules.

I'd also say it's just not as well crafted as Zombeavers is as weird as that sounds. Editing is kinda bad and the amount of extreme close-ups is getting on my nerves.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Dreamland Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Four Blood Moons (Documentary, Faith)
Patch Town (Indie, Action)
Two Days, One Night (Drama, Foreign)

UK:

Hyena (Thriller)
Kick-Ass 2 (Action)

Germany:

Annabelle (Horror, Supernatural)

Brazil:

Spring Breakers (Indie, Drama, Spring Break Y'all)
The Killing Season 4 (TV, Drama)

Mexico:

All About Steve (Romantic, Comedy)
All She Wishes (Family, Comedy)
If I Had Wings (Family, Drama)

Sweden:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Action, SciFi)
This is Where I Leave You (Drama, Comedy)

rexor0717

Just finished watching Dancing on the Edge. A really great story, well acted, and very engaging. I really like how they wrap up the story and have what is essentially a bonus episode. I'm on that now, but I don't think it counts towards not having finished the series.

Top Bottom