• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Brasslands (Documentary, Music)
Campaign of Hate (Documentary, Social)
For a Good Time, Call.... (Indie, Comedy)
Leap Year (Romantic, Comedy)
Taal (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
The Bounty (Drama)
The Daughter of Dawn (Drama)
The Delta Force (Action, Thriller)
The Humbling (Comedy)
The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death (Horror)

Canada:

The Moodys Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
The Presence (Thriller)
Taps (Drama)

UK:

Sleeping with the Enemy (Thriller)

Brazil:

Absolutely Fabulous Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Changeling (Drama)
The Call (Thriller)

An-Det

Is there a way to see what date you watched something anymore? There was a "last watched" line on the old version of the site, but since the redesign I can't find it.

tchocky

Is there a way to see what date you watched something anymore? There was a "last watched" line on the old version of the site, but since the redesign I can't find it.

Go to Your Account and near the bottom it has viewing activity which lists everything.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mr. Nobody: I have zero idea on what the fuck I just watched. Maybe the concept/theme/story/whatever flew over my head, but it seemed like this movie was trying way too hard. I didn't like it. I wish I could have my two hours back.

rexor0717

Mr. Nobody: I have zero idea on what the fuck I just watched. Maybe the concept/theme/story/whatever flew over my head, but it seemed like this movie was trying way too hard. I didn't like it. I wish I could have my two hours back.

Yeah, I felt the same way. Watched a bit over an hour and couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Aiii

So not worth it

The very definition of over-indulgent.

Lupercal

Banned
Living in Belgium, after 6 months of Netflix, I think me and my girlfriend have reached the tipping point of having no more interesting shows/movies to watch. (New ones that is)
Also having some titles only be shown in french or german with no subs is a hassle.

Maybe next month there'll be some good stuff.

Aiii

So not worth it
Living in Belgium, after 6 months of Netflix, I think me and my girlfriend have reached the tipping point of having no more interesting shows/movies to watch. (New ones that is)
Also having some titles only be shown in french or german with no subs is a hassle.

unblock-us.

Alan Smithee

Neo Member
Is Sense8 worth a watch? Explain it to someone fairly familiar with the Wachowskis

I thought Cloud Atlas was an interesting narrative experiment if not a bit garbled and messy, so I'm curious if this is more straightforward or pretty out there too

Xater

Ad-Free Time

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Is Sense8 worth a watch? Explain it to someone fairly familiar with the Wachowskis

I thought Cloud Atlas was an interesting narrative experiment if not a bit garbled and messy, so I'm curious if this is more straightforward or pretty out there too

I haven't seen CA, so I can't really compare them, but Sense8 is well worth the watch. This can get pretty out there in some scenes. The show starts off slow, doesn't really pick up or find its groove until episode 4. I found the way they told the story and the way characters interacted with each other was interesting.

unblock-us.

Ad-Free Time

Just to chip in I had been subscribed to unblock-us for a couple of years and after a few posts here a month or 2 ago I decided to give ad free time a go.
The service seems just as good. The only thing I liked on Unblock that AFT was missing is that it automatically logged you in on the website. But then AFT has an app to switch regions which is also pretty simple.

All in all I'm pretty happy so far and its $2 instead of $5.

Xater

Just to chip in I had been subscribed to unblock-us for a couple of years and after a few posts here a month or 2 ago I decided to give ad free time a go.
The service seems just as good. The only thing I liked on Unblock that AFT was missing is that it automatically logged you in on the website. But then AFT has an app to switch regions which is also pretty simple.

All in all I'm pretty happy so far and its $2 instead of $5.

Yup the app is great. That's how I quickly switch between regions.

Xater

Easily doable with an Asus router and static routes, takes five minutes tops to block the Google DNS and get Chromecast working, without the need for custom firmware or shit like that.

Plus everyone should have an Asus router anyways, since it's the best brand on the market right now

I finally did that but when I try to play something on the Chromecast I get the message that there is trouble playing the title at this time.

This always pops up for me as something I'd really like. I tried to watch it one day and made it about an hour and shut it off. It's one of only a few movies I haven't finished in the last few years.

I finally watched The Man From Nowhere. It's good.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Demetri Martin: Live (At the Time) (Standup, Netflix Original)
Dinotrux Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Ever After High Season 3 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Food Matters (Documentary, Cultural)
Ship of Theseus (Indie, Drama, Foreign)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Finally finished Daredevil. I thought it was a great show. Strong beginning, but the towards the end, it starts to become uninteresting and sometimes boring. The final episode was great, however.

The cinematography, especially the fight scenes, were outstanding. It was a treat watching them. The actors and actresses did a good job for the most part. Charlie and Vondie were fantastic. Vincent, at the beginning, was great. But the more I saw of him, the more I felt he was overacting. I wish there was more of Rosario's character.

Can't wait for S2.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

1992 Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Alex of Venice (Indie, Drama)
Being Flynn (Indie, Drama)
Billy Madison (Comedy)
Colin Quinn: Unconstitutional (Standup)
Digimon: Digital Monsters Season 1-3 (TV, Kids)
El Sexo Debil Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Heidi Season 1 (TV, Kids)
If I Stay (Family, Drama)
Libra X Libra (Documentary, Sports)
No Reservations (Romantic, Comedy)
Pariah (Indie, Drama, Gay & Lesbian)
Race to Nowhere (Documentary, Social)
Rosario Tigeras (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Sin Nombre (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
The Admiral: Roaring Currents (Action, Foreign)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watched two more classics that I have never seen before.

The Lost Boys: Not one bit scary (by today's standards, I guess), but a great film. It is a fun film. The music was outstanding lol. I have to say though, Corey Feldman's acting, or rather his voice, in this was ridiculous. I was cracking up every time he spoke. I can see why this is a classic.

The Running Man: Classic 80's action movie. The plot served its purpose. The action scenes were well done. The Stalkers and their personalities were fantastic. Made even better with their costumes (especially Dynamo's).

Filled with over-the-top goodness and one-liners.

Amber - "Me and my big mouth. We should have taken that trip to Hawaii"
Ben -"I had the shirt for it, but you fucked it up."
*Fireball makes his entrance on a jet pack*
Amber - "Jesus christ."
Ben - "Guess again."

I can't believe I waited this long to watch it. Well recommended.

What are some other 80's action movies? The real classic ones.

Total recall? Really most Ah-nold stuff from the 80s is great.

Kickboxer is also pretty great. I don't remember if Roadhouse is still on Netflix, but that's good too.

Watched two more classics that I have never seen before.

The Lost Boys: Not one bit scary (by today's standards, I guess), but a great film. It is a fun film. The music was outstanding lol. I have to say though, Corey Feldman's acting, or rather his voice, in this was ridiculous. I was cracking up every time he spoke. I can see why this is a classic.

The Running Man: Classic 80's action movie. The plot served its purpose. The action scenes were well done. The Stalkers and their personalities were fantastic. Made even better with their costumes (especially Dynamo's).

Filled with over-the-top goodness and one-liners.

Amber - "Me and my big mouth. We should have taken that trip to Hawaii"
Ben -"I had the shirt for it, but you fucked it up."
*Fireball makes his entrance on a jet pack*
Amber - "Jesus christ."
Ben - "Guess again."

I can't believe I waited this long to watch it. Well recommended.

What are some other 80's action movies? The real classic ones.

Total Recall
Commando
Bloodsport
Best of the Best
Tango and Cash
Rocky IV

karasu

Anybody have recommendations for Horror movies to watch on US netflix? I've already watched The Babadook, The original Night of the Living Dead, and one about a snowy mountain in Russia.

lordxar

Anybody have recommendations for Horror movies to watch on US netflix? I've already watched The Babadook, The original Night of the Living Dead, and one about a snowy mountain in Russia.

Evidence I think it was called wasn't bad and Honeymoon wasn't bad. Town That Dreaded Sundown was eh...not horrible but not great. The Quiet Ones was interesting. Scourge sucked ass. Those are mostly B movies but worth passing time with.

Stackboy

Watched a couple of horror movies over the weekend

Grabbers - Great fun! It clearly had a decent budget behind it, reminded me a little of Edgar Wright movies.

Stage Fright - Pretty average, Meat Loaf stars and chews the screen pretty nicely. Standard slasher with lots of musical parts.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Total recall? Really most Ah-nold stuff from the 80s is great.

Kickboxer is also pretty great. I don't remember if Roadhouse is still on Netflix, but that's good too.

Roadhouse is one of my favorite action movies.

I will check out Kickboxer.

Total Recall
Commando
Bloodsport
Best of the Best
Tango and Cash
Rocky IV

Thanks for the list. I have seen TR and Bloodsport. Will see the others. Especially Commando.

Wag

I'm dumb. For some reason I saw that link and assumed that the only TVs that supported 4K Netflix were Samsung TVs. I dug around a little deeper and saw my Vizio listed as a supported device.

Quite a few 4k manufacturer's 2014/2015 4k TVs support Netflix 4k now. Samsung, Vizio, Sony, some others. They have to have HVEC decoding and HDCP 2.2 support. If you did a little research before you purchased you would be OK. I did. I paid the extra money to watch some 4k shows on my Samsung curved 4k TV, found it wasn't really worth it (ran out of content quickly, the PQ didn't impress me much) so went back to the normal plan.

Watched Pandorum this weekend. Good sci-fi stuff.

Quite a few 4k manufacturer's 2014/2015 4k TVs support Netflix 4k now. Samsung, Vizio, Sony, some others. They have to have HVEC decoding and HDCP 2.2 support. If you did a little research before you purchased you would be OK. I did. I paid the extra money to watch some 4k shows on my Samsung curved 4k TV, found it wasn't really worth it (ran out of content quickly, the PQ didn't impress me much) so went back to the normal plan.

Watched Pandorum this weekend. Good sci-fi stuff.

You are aware his TV is fine right? He made the mistake of looking at only the Samsung supported list.

Top Bottom