• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Byzantium (Indie, Thriller, Supernatural)
Pardes (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Samurai Flamenco (Anime)
Sing It On Season 1 (TV, Reality)
To Kill a Mockingbird (Drama)
White God (Drama, Foreign)

Canada:

From Dusk Till Dawn Season 2 (TV, Action)
Still Alice (Drama)

UK:

12 Angry Men (Drama)
American Ninja 2: The Confrontation (Action, Martial Arts)
Colors (Drama)
Journey to the Center of the Earth ('88, Family)
Lost Junction (Thriller)
Margot at the Wedding (Indie, Drama, Comedy)
Peter Pan ('03, Family)
Reno 911: Miami (Comedy)
The Beast Within (Horror, B-Movie)
The Long Riders (Action, Western)

France:

Teletubbies Season 1 (TV, Kids)

Australia:

Tammy (Comedy)

Mexico:

The Americans Season 2 (TV, Drama)
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Family)

Sweden:

Penguins of Madagascar: The Movie (Family)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Narcos premieres tomorrow! Looking forward to it.

Link.

First three seasons of Person of Interest hitting on Sept. 1st. S4 hitting Sept. 22nd.

Narcos premieres tomorrow! Looking forward to it.

Link.

First three seasons of Person of Interest hitting on Sept. 1st. S4 hitting Sept. 22nd.

Oh cool, Person of Interest was already on the UK, but now it is a bit easier to access.

It takes some time to get going and get less procedural, but it is very enjoyable.

Van Owen

Banned
It looks like they tweaked the interface a bit? Now I get a grid few of things that might interest me that only scrolls vertically for like for rows. Seems sort of dumb.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It looks like they tweaked the interface a bit? Now I get a grid few of things that might interest me that only scrolls vertically for like for rows. Seems sort of dumb.

Also the PS3 app automatically starts playing things before you hit resume or start. It kinda plays it behind the menu, then the menu fades away after a few seconds. Kinda cool, kinda weird. Just started for me a few days ago

DCS

Banned
The worst change to Netflix is that it starts playing a random movie 18 seconds after you've finished wayching one. Following episodes of TV shows yes, this is great but movies? NO.

Xater

The worst change to Netflix is that it starts playing a random movie 18 seconds after you've finished wayching one. Following episodes of TV shows yes, this is great but movies? NO.

Yep, that totally sucks. Why would anyone think that was a good idea?

tchocky

Didn't know they had done that. I am really glad I have disabled autoplay then.

Slacker

Not sure what they're thinking with the auto-movie thing, though it could be worse. I'm catching up on Mr. Robot on the USA Network streaming app. They shove in a block of four commercials every five minutes or so, including a commercial for the freaking season finale (I'm currently on episode 4).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Inspector Gadget Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Narcos Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Once Upon a Time Season 4 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Revenge Season 4 (TV, Drama)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ('14, Action)

Sweden:

Downton Abbey Season 5 (TV, Drama)

I will give Byzantium a recommendation. It's a solid take on the vampire movie genre. It looks like it might be a bit Twilight-esque at first glance but, it's not at all.

Seems that Narcos isn't being quite as well received as those first impressions? Still good though. Although I should probably wait for more impressions to see what the consensus is.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Seems that Narcos isn't being quite as well received as those first impressions? Still good though. Although I should probably wait for more impressions to see what the consensus is.

Just looks like the first (or two) episodes are slow. Most seem to be positive on it. The biggest compliant I'm reading are the Spanish accents.

Wag

I'm one of the fools paying for 4K netflix. I'm too lazy to downgrade because it's only $3 more.

I did 4k for a month or two and went through what I wanted and went back. Not enough content, not enough quality. I think the shift to HDR will probably be more important than 4k. My next large screen TV will definitely be HDR.

jakncoke

Banned
finished up the entire Everyone Love Raymond the past few weeks and over the last week

Wet Hot American Summer and Daredevil tv series

wet hot american summer imo was pretty eh and even more eh than the movie. daredevil was way better than than the movie.

finished up the entire Everyone Love Raymond the past few weeks and over the last week

Wet Hot American Summer and Daredevil tv series

wet hot american summer imo was pretty eh and even more eh than the movie. daredevil was way better than than the movie.

Well, that's a pretty low bar.

It's the best superhero show right now, followed by The Flash.

For pure comic book insanity, Flash > everything else.

Sure, the show is cheesy and melodramatic, but it is still a hell of a lot of fun and goes hog wild with all the crazy comic book stuff. It is so refreshing to finally see that.

Oh, and Reverse Flash > Deathstroke (Arrow S2) > every other live action comic book villain of the last 10 years. It is amazing what a lot of time to flesh out the character can do.

Heck, just look at what time allowed Marvel to do with Kingpin in Daredevil. He was so much better for it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Added today:

Inspector Gadget Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Narcos Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Once Upon a Time Season 4 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Revenge Season 4 (TV, Drama)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ('14, Action)

Sweden:

Downton Abbey Season 5 (TV, Drama)

woot

watched the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover

lavishly provocative is a good way to describe it. highly recommended to fans of david lynch, great soundtrack by michael nyman too. helen mirren is also nude for lengthy portions of the film which was pretty nice.

watched the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover

lavishly provocative is a good way to describe it. highly recommended to fans of david lynch, great soundtrack by michael nyman too. helen mirren is also nude for lengthy portions of the film which was pretty nice.

Hmm.. might have to check this out.

oh god can you turn off the stupid sound effect they play when the app launches now?

I think they may have different versions of the app in different areas -- for several weeks/months I was getting a BA-DUM!! sound effect on PS3 whenever Netflix launched, and thankfully that went away. But now I've been having the theme from Narcos blasted at me on startup. I'm looking forward to seeing the show, but it's a little jarring first thing in the morning.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I think they may have different versions of the app in different areas -- for several weeks/months I was getting a BA-DUM!! sound effect on PS3 whenever Netflix launched, and thankfully that went away. But now I've been having the theme from Narcos blasted at me on startup. I'm looking forward to seeing the show, but it's a little jarring first thing in the morning.
I get the ba dum startup on ps4

Narcos is also auto playing some video clip because that's the first thing that pops up under the featured section. Pretty annoying.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Ride (Indie, Drama, Sports)

Canada:

Goodbye to All That (Indie, Drama)
Jem and the Holograms Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Scandal Season 1-4 (TV, Drama)
Top Five (Romantic, Comedy)

UK:

An American Haunting (Horror, Supernatural)
Herbie: Fully Unloaded (Family)
Man of the House (Action, Comedy)

Germany:

House of Cards Season 3 (TV, Drama)

Australia:

Earth From Above Season 1-4 (TV, Documentary)

NastyBook

Just wrapped up Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. Those fights were pretty damn good. Also wrapped up the second season of Knights of Sidonia before that. Made me tear through the manga afterwards. Liked how close it is to the source material. Hope they get to do a third season filled with more of Ochia's shenanigans.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Narcos: Four episodes deep and I'm really enjoying this.

Gone Girl (Canada): I went into this blind. I have seen a few people in the thread mentioned this before, I thought I would watch it.

I have mixed feelings about it. I really enjoyed the first half of the movie. I thought it was a great thriller and mystery up until
you find out the wife is planning the whole thing.
After that point the air is let out of the bag and it drags on.
Everything she did is just too perfectly planned.
Just gets ridiculous at some point.

Rosamund Pike was great. I thought she was excellent.

Good first half, second half kills it. I don't think I would recommend it.

Narcos: Four episodes deep and I'm really enjoying this.

Gone Girl (Canada): I went into this blind. I have seen a few people in the thread mentioned this before, I thought I would watch it.

I have mixed feelings about it. I really enjoyed the first half of the movie. I thought it was a great thriller and mystery up until
you find out the wife is planning the whole thing.
After that point the air is let out of the bag and it drags on.
Everything she did is just too perfectly planned.
Just gets ridiculous at some point.

Rosamund Pike was great. I thought she was excellent.

Good first half, second half kills it. I don't think I would recommend it.
The second half turns it into a black comedy. I was laughing at a lot of it because of how extreme it got.

Only watched the first episode of Narcos and im a bit disappointed by all those monologues.

Does he talk less in the next episodes or is the amount of narration the same?

Top Bottom