• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Nyx

Watched The Maze Runner on Saturday.

Didn't like it much but the fun bit is that I do want to see the sequel now lol.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Aquí Entre Nos (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Gotham Season 1 (TV, Action)
How to Get Away with Murder Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime)
Kung Fu Killer (Action, Foreign)

Schlep

What's the verdict on this? I've always wanted to try it. Looks interesting from the commercials.

It's a cop procedural with cameos of Batman villains before they were Batman villains. I'm going to give the second season a chance since the commercials make it look like the villains will actually be more interesting, but it still won't have Batman.

So, in conclusion, it's ok I guess.

Karu

NG fans, how is the fourth season?
I think it's great. Season 3 was kinda a slump, indeed (although I like the cast enough to enjoy it regardless. Evil Schmidt was aweful, though) Season 4 is a return to form with some really funny episodes. Coach is a cool addition. If you were turned of by S3, check it out. They definitely heard the criticsm,

It's a cop procedural with cameos of Batman villains before they were Batman villains. I'm going to give the second season a chance since the commercials make it look like the villains will actually be more interesting, but it still won't have Batman.

So, in conclusion, it's ok I guess.

Donal Logue is in it, should be worth a watch based on that alone.

I did NOT know that there was a special episode of Black Mirror. Just finished it, and I must say, it's by far the best of the bunch. There were so many layers to that story and it was wonderfully directed.

Charlie Brooker is a genius!

MattyH

I did NOT know that there was a special episode of Black Mirror. Just finished it, and I must say, it's by far the best of the bunch. There were so many layers to that story and it was wonderfully directed.

Charlie Brooker is a genius!

is it up on netflix now then?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Uzo Aduba won "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series". Well deserved.

Every other Netflix show and actor/actress were robbed.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Canada:

2 Guns (Action, Thriller)
Gotham Season 1 (TV, Action)
Selma (Indie, Drama)

UK:

Amistad (Drama)
Election (Comedy)
Fright Night ('11, Horror, Vampire)
The Heartbreak Kid (Romantic, Comedy)
R.I.P.D. (Action, Fantasy)
Team America: World Police (Comedy, Matt Damon)
The Last Patrol (Documentary, Social)

Germany:

Gravity (SciFi)

Sweden:

Muppets Most Wanted (Family)

Edit - Christ, Gotham has 22 episodes? Netflix/BBC's 13 (and less) episodes have spoiled me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Watched "the dead lands" which was a surprisingly well shot revenge quest movie. Unfortunately the only subtitles (all the dialog is in the native maori) is a full cc track which kind of mars the experience.

Karu

That is the reason I hate watching award shows. People winning things because it is "their last year/chance.
Regardless the motivation, Hamm gave one of his best performances in S7.2 and deserved it very, very much. So glad he won. I hate the fact people will think "Oh it was his last season!" Same could be said about Chandler for FNL which is also very unfortunate.

Netflix shows are great but they still have to deliver that blows my socks off. Their consistency is scary, though. (Liked Marco Polo, Bloodline, HoC, Orange, BoJack, Sense8 and Daredevil). Game of Thrones sweeping this of all years is funny, though. In my eyes it didn't deserved to win Drama in any year, but whatever. But neither did any Netflix-Show.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Regardless the motivation, Hamm gave one of his best performances in S7.2 and deserved it very, very much. So glad he won. I hate the fact people will think "Oh it was his last season!" Same could be said about Chandler for FNL which is also very unfortunate.

Netflix shows are great but they still have to deliver that blows my socks off. Their consistency is scary, though. (Liked Marco Polo, Bloodline, HoC, Orange, BoJack, Sense8 and Daredevil). Game of Thrones sweeping this of all years is funny, though. In my eyes it didn't deserved to win Drama in any year, but whatever. But neither did any Netflix-Show.

I think this past year (starting with Marco) they have done an amazing job with their shows and have had some outstanding performances.

Marco Polo - Benedict Wong (Kublai Khan)
Bloodline - Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendelsohn (Danny Rayburn)
House of Cards - Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright, Michael Kelly and Lars Mikkelsen (Petrov)
Sense8 - Miguel Ángel Silvestre (Lito Rodriguez)
Daredevil - Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio.
Orange is the New Black - Uzo Aduba (who won) and Danielle Brooks.
Narcos - Wagner Moura (Pablo) and Pedro Pascal (Pena)
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Tituss Burgess

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Finding Neighbors (Indie, Drama)
Philomena (Indie, Drama)
Smosh: The Movie (Family)

Canada:

Strange Magic (Family)

Germany:

Archer Season 4-5 (TV, Comedy, Danger Zone)

House of Cards Season 3 will be on german Free-TV today. 2-3 Weeks after Netflix users got the Season.

Hilarious and embarrassing what happens with a Netflix Original Series.

I've been experiencing lots of issues with Netflix lately. Slow, never streams in HD. I'm using a DNS service. I have 300 mbps connection. Any tips?

Never had that problem before.

EDIT: The problems seems to be in USA since I switched region and it works fine.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have been having the same issues. Mostly Mexico, Japan and sometimes Australia. They take forever to load the content and the streaming takes a bit of time.

Decado

Anyone logging into netflix using the PS3 app? Every time I start it asks me to enter my password. Been like this for about a week. Never happened before. Annoying.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Because I Was a Painter (Documentary, Cultural, Foreign)
Iris (Documentary, Biographical)
Serendipity (Romantic, Comedy)
Skin Trade (Action, Martial Arts)
The Loft (Thriller, Crime)
Zoo Season 1 (TV, Drama)

Canada:

Angelina Ballerina (Various Specials, TV, Kids)
Barney (Various Specials, TV, Kids)
Bob the Builder (Various Specials, TV, Kids)
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 (TV, Drama)
Kipper: Water Play (TV, Kids)
Red Army (Documentary, Historical)
Thomas & Friends (Various Specials, TV, Kids)

UK:

Thor: The Dark World (Action)
From Beyond (Horror, Cult)
Night of the Comet (Horror, Cult)
Stargate: The Art of Truth (Action, SciFi)
Stephen King's Thinner (Horror, Supernatural)
The Kite Runner (Drama)

France:

Antbully (Family)
Demolition Man (Action, SciFi)
Eagle Eye (Action, Thriller)
Footloose ('11, Drama)

Germany:

A Beautiful Mind (Drama)
Mean Girls (Comedy)
Saving Private Ryan (Action, Drama)
The Core (Action, SciFi)

New Zealand:

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Comedy)
Bad Grandpa .5 (Comedy)

Brazil:

C.O.G. (Indie, Drama, Comedy)

Mexico:

The Pink Panther Strikes Again ('76, Comedy)

Sweden:

Bad Night (Comedy)

amrod

Amazon Prime Video gets exclusive streaming rights for USA's Mr. Robot
Amazon also says Mr. Robot's first season will exclusively premiere on its service across the UK, Germany, Austria and Japan.

Guess we wont be being it on netflix :\

Amazon Prime Video gets exclusive streaming rights for USA's Mr. Robot
Amazon also says Mr. Robot's first season will exclusively premiere on its service across the UK, Germany, Austria and Japan.

Guess we wont be being it on netflix :\

Noooooo, maybe still in a region where there is no Amazon Prime like The Netherlands, but it'll probably take a while.

so i got an email that scandal ep 1 of season 5 is on netflix.

surprising....they usually wait till the whole season is done. i wonder if its to combat hulu getting the latest episodes as soon as it airs?

Netflix missed out on some good streaming deals this year, especially with Empire

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Blue Bloods Season 5 (TV, Drama, Crime)
Hawaii Five-0 Season 5 (TV, Drama, Subway is the best)
Love Actually (Romantic, Comedy)
Shootout at Lokhandwala (Action, Crime)
The Brainiac (B-Horror)
The Drop Box (Documentary, Biographical/Jong-rak Lee)
VeggieTales in the House Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Zoo Clues Season 1 (TV, Kids)

UK:

Chocolate City (Drama)
Drunk Wedding (Comedy)
Mr. Mom (Comedy)

Brazil:

Cold Prey 1-2 (Horror, Slasher, Foreign)
The Gravedancers (Horror, Supernatural)

Top Bottom