• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Seriously.

Watch Jane the Virgin.

Watch it!

Tb8GWAW.gif

DO IIIIT!

It is all about Rogelio.

e2de53c0-0e0e-0133-45d4-0a2ca390b447.gif

El Topo

For the few Germans here and those dirty VPN users, Fargo S2 is coming to German Netflix, starting October 14th. Same in Austria and Switzerland.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Agatha Christie's Poirot Season 12 (TV, Drama, Crime)
Any Day (Indie, Drama)
Comic Book Men Season 1 (TV, Reality)
Cruel (Indie, Thriller, Foreign)
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father (Documentary, You Will Cry)
Leafie: A Hen into the Wild (Family)
Midnight's Children (Drama)
Murdoch Mysteries Season 4-7 (TV, Drama, Crime)
Spiral Season 1-4 (TV, Drama, Crime)
Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day (Comedy)
Trailer Park Boys: The Movie (Comedy)
Where Was God? (Documentary, Faith)

Canada:

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 (Comedy)
The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (Family)

UK:

Once Upon a Time Season 5 (TV, Fantasy)
Reign Season 1-2 (TV, Drama)

France:

Alice in Wonderland ('51, Family)
Big Top Pee-Wee (Family)
Freedom Writers (Drama)
I Love You, Man (Comedy)
Justin Bieber: Never Say Never (Documentary, Music)
Katy Perry: Part of Me (Documentary, Music)
The Greatest Game Ever Played (Drama, Sports)
Wakufu Season 1 (TV, Kids)

Germany:

Get Rich or Die Tryin' (Drama)
Office Space (Comedy)
Surviving Christmas (Romantic, Comedy)
Transformers ('07, Action, SciFi)

Australia:

Black Mirror Season 2 (TV, Drama)
God Help the Girl (Romantic, Musical)
The Dark Knight (Action)

New Zealand:

Call the Midwife Season 3 (TV, Drama)
Dallas Buyers Club (Indie, Drama)
Jobs (Drama)

Brazil:

Sexy Evil Genius (Indie, Thriller)

Sweden:

Bad Boys 2 (Action)
Interstellar (SciFi)

Nyx

Nice, the new Spongebob movie, definitely watching that.

Also finished up season 1 of Friday Night Lights finally and started the next season, sometimes I wonder why I'm watching this (I'm 37 and looking at mostly teens with teenager problems) but quite a lot of characters are just interesting!

Coach Taylor and his wife are the best, but I also like Saracen and Landry and even Buddy Garrity now!
Nice twist at the beginning of S2 with Landry too, interesting to see how that pans out.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Full list later: Batman Begins, A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, American Pie/Wedding, Boogie Nights were added.

Canada: Evil Dead (2013), Scream S1, This is the End, Taken 3.

number11

Even though I've heard it's not great.. It's cool how Netflix UK have picked up the Scream TV series. Although it's weird how MTV UK decided not to show it.

Nice, the new Spongebob movie, definitely watching that.

Also finished up season 1 of Friday Night Lights finally and started the next season, sometimes I wonder why I'm watching this (I'm 37 and looking at mostly teens with teenager problems) but quite a lot of characters are just interesting!

Coach Taylor and his wife are the best, but I also like Saracen and Landry and even Buddy Garrity now!
Nice twist at the beginning of S2 with Landry too, interesting to see how that pans out.
My wife and I are binging FNL right now too. Around ep 10 of s2. Great show!

Even though I've heard it's not great.. It's cool how Netflix UK have picked up the Scream TV series. Although it's weird how MTV UK decided not to show it.

Im watching it right now. Its good so far. Like a modern Scream focusing on social media and human drama and being longer.

And if they keep that cat-and-mouse game until the end then its gonna be a great watch for slasher fans.

Edit: I now had the pleasure to experience the end of Season 1 of Scream. Yep. Its a Scream Movie in long. Twists everywhere, good dialogues and well used characters. Im impressed. Every Slasher Movie fan will have his fun if he gives it a chance. Uts worth it imo.

B-Dex

Scream tv series was added to Canadian Netflix. Not sure when but they emailed me about it.

Well that's what I get for skimming the page. Haha. I was able to Vpn the pilot on mtv.com until Viacom went all put in your cable credentials to watch. Glad I can see the rest now.

El Topo

That Scream show is pretty entertaining so far. I thought it would suck, but it's actually fairly decent. Only two episodes in though and I fear it's going to get annoying soon. No way they can keep this entertaining for ten episodes.

Edit:
Please don't let this turn out to be some kind of
"Your mother had two children and gave me away so now I want revenge" crap

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

2001: A Space Odyssey (SciFi)
A Christmas Carol ('38, Family)
A Clockwork Orange (Drama)
About Alex (Indie, Drama)

Alexander: Theatrical Cut (Action)
American Experience: The Poisoner's Handbook (TV, Documentary)
American Pie/Wedding (Comedy)
American's Test Kitchen Season 1 (TV, Food)
Anna and the King (Drama)

Around the World in 80 Days (Action, Comedy)
Batman Begins (Action)
Beachfront Bargain Hunt Collection (TV, Reality)
Bigger Than T-Rex (TV, Documentary)
Big Men (Documentary, Social)

Boogie Nights (Drama)
Carousel (Musical)
Cats & Dogs (Family)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ('05, Family)
Chopped Collection Season 2 (TV, Food)

Chuck's Eat the Street Collection Season 1 (TV, Food)
Coyote Ugly (Romantic, Comedy)
Curse of Chucky (Horror)
Dark Was the Night (Night)
Design on a Dime Collection Season 1 (TV, Reality)
El Fuente Season 1 (TV, Drama)

Escape from a Nazi Death Camp (TV, Documentary)
Extreme Homes Collection Season 1 (TV, Reality)
First Man on the Moon (TV, Documentary)
Fixer Upper Season 1 (TV, Reality)
Girl Eat World Season 1 (TV, Reality, Foreign)

Glass Chin (Drama, Sports)
Heartbreakers (Romantic, Comedy)
High Society (Comedy)
House Hunters Renovation Collection Season 1 (TV, Reality)
How We Got to Now with Steven Johnson Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
I Believe in Unicorns (Indie, Romantic, Drama)

Innocence (Indie, Drama)
Inside the Court of Henry VIII (TV, Documentary)
John Denver: Country Boy (TV, Documentary)
Ken Burns: Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies (TV, Documentary)
Man vs Food Collection 2 (TV, Food)

Max Dugan Returns (Comedy)
Million Dollar Baby (Drama)
Million Dollar Rooms Collection 1 (TV, Reality)
Monumental Mysteries Collection 1 (TV, Documentary)
My First Place Collection 1 (TV, Reality)

Nature: Animal Misfits, A Sloth Named Velcro, Mystery Monkeys of Shangri-La, Owl Power, Penguin Post Office, The Last Orangutan Eden (TV, Nature)

Nazi Mega Weapons Season 2 (TV, Documentary)
Never a Neverland (Documentary)

Nova: Ben Frankin's Balloons, First Air War, Killer Landslides, Rise of Hackers, Surviving Ebola, Vaccines: Calling the Shots,

On the Town (Comedy)
Pal Joey (Comedy)
Pernicious (B-Horror)
Queens & Cowboys (Documentary, Sports, Social)
Reasonable Doubt (Thriller)

Risky Business (Drama)
Robin Williams Remembered (TV, Documentary)
Runoff (Indie, Drama)
Saturday Night Live: The 2010's Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Secrets of Her Majesty's Secret Service (TV, Documentary)
Secrets of Underground London (TV, Documentary)

Selling New York Collection 1 (TV, Reality)
Sex in the Wild Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
Small Space, Big Style Collection 1 (TV, Reality)
Some Came Running (Drama)
Someone Like You (Romantic, Comedy)

Soul Food Junkies (TV, Documentary)
Street Food Season 2 (TV, Food)
Take Me Out to the Ball Game (Comedy)
Tales from the Royal Bedchamber (TV, Documentary)
Tell Spring Not to Come This Year (Documentary, Foreign)

The Beast of Xmoor (Horror)
The Black Kungfu Experience (TV, Documentary)
The Blood Lands (Horror, Thriller)
The Bourne Identity/Supremacy (Action, Thriller)
The Day the '60's Died (TV, Documentary)
The Devil at 4 o'clock (Action)

The Face of an Angel (Drama)
The Girl is in Trouble (Drama, Film Noir)
The Good Thief (Indie, Thriller, Foreign)
The Great British Baking Show Season 1 (TV, Food)
The Great Food Truck Race Collection Season 1 (TV, Reality)

The Hacker Wars (Documentary)
The Lesser Blessed (Indie, Drama)
The Lesson (Drama, Foreign)
The Navy Seals: Their Untold Story (TV, Documentary)
The Nightmare (Thriller, Foreign)

The Physics of Light Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
The Punisher ('04, Action)
The Time in Between Season 1 (TV, Drama)
The Vanilla Ice Project Season 1-4 (TV, Reality)
The Wedding Singer (Romantic, Comedy)

The Wild Bunch (Action, Western)
This Must Be the Place (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Throwdown with Bobby Flay Collection 1 (TV, Food)
United Passions (Drama, Foreign)
White Rabbit (Indie, Drama)
Wold Horses (Drama, Crime)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Canada:

After Earth (Action, SciFi)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)
Elysuim (Action, SciFi)
Evil Dead ('13, Horror)
Extracted (Indie, Thriller, SciFi)
Men in Black 1-2 (Action, Comedy, SciFi)
Reign Over Me (Drama)
Scream Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Taken 3 (Action, Thriller)
The Call (Thriller)
The Invention of Lying (Romantic, Comedy)
This is the End (Comedy)

France:

Bandidas (Action, Comedy)
Downton Abbey Season 4 (TV, Drama)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Comedy)
Pyscho-Pass (Anime)
Scrooged (Comedy)
Surviving Christmas (Romantic, Comedy)
The Canal (Horror, Supernatural)
Tropic Thunder (Comedy)

Germany:

Cars (Family)
The Emperor's New Groove (Family, Beware the Groove)

Australia:

Continuum Season 1-3 (TV, Drama, SciFi)
Rush Season 1-4 (TV, Drama)

Mexico:

A Dangerous Method (Indie, Drama)
Dark Corners (Horror, Supernatural)
Double Trouble (Action, Comedy)
Where the Devil Hides (Horror, Thriller)

i got an email earlier telling me about 2001: A Space Odyssey. Haven't seen that movie in forever. Will also have to see American Pie and Risky Business.

tj hazuki

Available October 1

Batman Begins (This wasn't listed at the link, but two other sites have it listed. So it might be coming.)
American Pie (Same deal)
Boogie Nights (Same deal)
The Bourne Supremacy (Same deal)
Million Dollar Baby
Wild Horses
Barefoot Contessa; back To Basics, Collection 1
Throwdown with Bobby Flay, Collection 1
Worst Cooks in America, Collection 1
Extreme Homes, Collection 1
Fixer Upper, Season 1
House Hunters Renovation, Collection 1
Million Dollar Rooms, Collection 1
Property Virgins, Collection 1
The Vanilla Ice Project, Seasons 1-4
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
On the Town
Some Came Running
Take Me Out To The Ball Game
Monkey Thieves, Season 1-3
Uncle Grandpa, Season 1
Last Man Standing, Season 4
El Tiempo Entre Costuras
Curse of Chucky
The Nightmare

Available October 2

Anjelah Johnson: Not Fancy
Reign, Season 2
The Vampire Diaries, Season 6
La Leyenda de la Nahuala

Available October 6

American Horror Story: Freak Show

iZombie, Season 1
The Flash, Season 1
The Originals, Season 2

Available October 7

Arrow, Season 3
Supernatural, Season 10

Flor Salvaje

Available October 8

Strangerland

Available October 9

Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom (Netflix Original)
The Mr. Peabody and Sherman Show, Season 1 (Netflix Original)
Mighty Med, Season 2

Available October 11

Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Season 3

Available October 12

Jane the Virgin, Season 1

Available October 14

The Lazarus Effect

Available October 16

Beasts of No Nation (Netflix Original)
Anthony Jeselnik: Thoughts and Prayers
All Hail King Julien, Season 2 (Netflix Original)
Some Assembly Required, Season 2
Circle

Available October 18

Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Available October 20

Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered
Marvel's Avengers Assemble, Season 2

Available October 23

Hemlock Grove, Season 3 (Netflix Original)

Available October 25

Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection

Available October 27

Manson Family Vacation
August: Osage County

Available October 28

The Gunman

Available October 30

Popples, Season 1

Expiring October 1

Analyze This
Annie Hall
Interview with the Vampire: The Complete Chronicles
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
Romeo and Juliet
The Big Lebowski
The Exorcist
The Hunt For Red October
The Producers
Twilight

Expiring October 15
Sesame Street Classics

Expiring October 16
Bruno

The Flashhhhhhhhhhh!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Horror Movie Marathon started today. Watch as many horror movies as you possible can before the month is up. I'm still compiling a horror movie list.

Some movies I have watched recently:

Evil Dead (2013, Canada): It was alright. Not good, not bad. I think this gets more hate if only because of the name and the franchise it is based on. Name this thing Demon in the Woods and I bet it wouldn't generate as much hate.

As for the film, it is filled with cliches that you come to expect from demon possession movies. Doesn't bring anything new to the table. There were some parts where it creeped me out, though. It tries way, way too hard to bring you to a tear.

Watch it for what it is, and not the fact that it is a remake of your most beloved horror comedy of all time.

Shooter (Canada): Poor's man Jason Bourne. It had it's moments, but overall, it is average.

Thunder Soul (Canada): Great documentary about a inner-city high school stage band and how it's musical director helped to influence and change his students lives. It was great to see how each member was touched by Conrad Johnson. The music (mostly funk) was fantastic to listen to as well.

Selma (Canada): David Oyelowo absolutely killed it in this movie. I thought this was a great drama. The Bloody Sunday scene reminded me so much of Ferguson and the events that happened there. I liked that they used news footage for those events as well. It was a nice touch.

It's Kind of a Funny Story (Germany): A troubled teen checks into a mental-health clinic, where they help him get better. This was a random pick. I picked it mostly because Zach Galifianakis was in it. He was great in it. It is almost like a coming of age story. The teen finds love and all that jazz. Kind of a weird flick at times (mostly day dreaming/fantasy sequences from the main character), but I enjoyed it.

The Switch: I'm a big fan of Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston, but I thought this was an average romantic comedy/drama.

United 93: Really well done. I think the film captured the emotions and the chaos of that day. Well worth the watch.

Silver Linings Playbook: Finally got around to watching this. Bradley Cooper delivers a fantastic performance. I loved watching his character interact with the others. Jennifer held her own as well. The movie felt a bit long. It was a surprise seeing Chris Tucker. Dude came out of nowhere.

The Masters of the Universe: I'm not a fan of He-Man and I only watched it for How Did This Get Made, but I'm glad I did. Great so-bad-its-good movie.

13 Sins (Canada): Average thriller. Cash strapped guy gets an anonymous phone call, telling him if he completes 13 challenges, he will win movie. Each challenge escalates things.

Just finished the pilot episode for Blacklist. HOLY SHIT! What a way to start off a series! Absolutely no punches pulled here. Stellar directing and pacing. I'm in love.

The Horror Movie Marathon started today. Watch as many horror movies as you possible can before the month is up. I'm still compiling a horror movie list.

Some movies I have watched recently:

Evil Dead (2013, Canada): It was alright. Not good, not bad. I think this gets more hate if only because of the name and the franchise it is based on. Name this thing Demon in the Woods and I bet it wouldn't generate as much hate.

As for the film, it is filled with cliches that you come to expect from demon possession movies. Doesn't bring anything new to the table. There were some parts where it creeped me out, though. It tries way, way too hard to bring you to a tear.

Watch it for what it is, and not the fact that it is a remake of your most beloved horror comedy of all time.

Shooter (Canada): Poor's man Jason Bourne. It had it's moments, but overall, it is average.

Thunder Soul (Canada): Great documentary about a inner-city high school stage band and how it's musical director helped to influence and change his students lives. It was great to see how each member was touched by Conrad Johnson. The music (mostly funk) was fantastic to listen to as well.

Selma (Canada): David Oyelowo absolutely killed it in this movie. I thought this was a great drama. The Bloody Sunday scene reminded me so much of Ferguson and the events that happened there. I liked that they used news footage for those events as well. It was a nice touch.

It's Kind of a Funny Story (Germany): A troubled teen checks into a mental-health clinic, where they help him get better. This was a random pick. I picked it mostly because Zach Galifianakis was in it. He was great in it. It is almost like a coming of age story. The teen finds love and all that jazz. Kind of a weird flick at times (mostly day dreaming/fantasy sequences from the main character), but I enjoyed it.

The Switch: I'm a big fan of Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston, but I thought this was an average romantic comedy/drama.

United 93: Really well done. I think the film captured the emotions and the chaos of that day. Well worth the watch.

Silver Linings Playbook: Finally got around to watching this. Bradley Cooper delivers a fantastic performance. I loved watching his character interact with the others. Jennifer held her own as well. The movie felt a bit long. It was a surprise seeing Chris Tucker. Dude came out of nowhere.

The Masters of the Universe: I'm not a fan of He-Man and I only watched it for How Did This Get Made, but I'm glad I did. Great so-bad-its-good movie.

13 Sins (Canada): Average thriller. Cash strapped guy gets an anonymous phone call, telling him if he completes 13 challenges, he will win movie. Each challenge escalates things.

That's not how you spell Tucker and Dale vs Evil!

tomtom94

Human Centipede 3: Final Sequence is up on Netflix UK.

(Also, if you're going to watch Insidious 2 or Drag Me To Hell they're expiring soon)

Aiii

So not worth it
First movie I did for Horror-month:
One-missed-call-poster.jpg

Movie #1: Chakushin ari a.k.a. One Missed Call (2003)
One Missed Call is a J-Horror film that revolves around a group of friends that start getting mysterious phone calls from themselves. All of them receive messages from the future that predict their own deaths.

I’ve always liked Japanese Horror over American Horror in that the Japanese spend way more time in building suspense, producing films that are eerily silent and focus a lot on character, where as Americans rely on jump scares and loud noises to induce a reaction from their audience. Where I can relatively easily move past most American horror flicks, the Japanese ones creep me out a lot more and stick with me longer aftwards. As far as that goes, this movie fills that bill. It’s a movie in the vein of Ringu (The Ring) and Ju-on (The Grudge), where the main protagonist gets cursed and followed by an evil entity that’s somehow tied to them. Unfortunately this means the movie isn’t very original, following the tropes of the earlier movies. However, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. The main actress does a great job, as does the main male lead and the backstory is interesting enough. One thing that is lacking is the portrayal of the first few deaths, keeping things off-camera mostly and only showing the aftermath, the third death is much more graphic and freaked me out quite a bit more. The suspense is good though and some of the shots are very well done, using some interesting angles and compositions I enjoyed a lot, although that isn’t surprising as this movie was directed by Takashi Miike (Ichi the Killer, 13 Assassins).

All in all the story wasn’t that special and somewhat predictable, but the acting and suspense was done well enough to give this 3 out of 5 stars.

Available on Netflix Netherlands and Scandanavia, as well as Hulu in the US under its English name.

That Scream show is pretty entertaining so far. I thought it would suck, but it's actually fairly decent. Only two episodes in though and I fear it's going to get annoying soon. No way they can keep this entertaining for ten episodes.

Edit:
Please don't let this turn out to be some kind of
"Your mother had two children and gave me away so now I want revenge" crap

Well the ending is so damn good.[Ending Spoiler]
I dont think it was Piper. I think it is Audrey that is the daughter. That would explain the photo on her Wall. And she wants to see Emma suffer more and more. So over multiple season.

El Topo

Why am I always weak and read spoilers? Ah, just kidding, I spoiled myself (regarding the killer's identity) yesterday after finishing the fourth episodes, nothing else though. I don't even mind in this case. Show is more than entertaining enough. Hopefully Scream Queens finds its way over here soon enough.

Nyx

This came as a surprise to me, had no expectations at all but ended up thinking it was pretty good!

Xater

Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's The Island of Dr Moreau:This Documentary is about the absolutely terrible 1996 Film and how it might have been something interesting, if it wasn't for power struggles during production. Includes great stories about Val Kilmer being a total asshole and Marlon Brando being insane. It's a miracle this actually ended up being a real film. Very entertaining and interesting.

Why am I always weak and read spoilers? Ah, just kidding, I spoiled myself (regarding the killer's identity) yesterday after finishing the fourth episodes, nothing else though. I don't even mind in this case. Show is more than entertaining enough. Hopefully Scream Queens finds its way over here soon enough.

Im sorry for spoiling but im pretty sure season 2 will continue the clever who-is-the-real-gamemaker from Season 1.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I really enjoyed Byzantium. It's a vampire film in the same vein (heh) as let the right one in. Not quite as good as that movie, but some of the underlying concepts are quite interesting.

Blacklist (up to episode 7):

I'm loving this show and all but the carrot dangling about
the innocence of Elizabeth's husband
is getting a little more than played out at this point. I had to deal with this nonsense for more than half a dozen seasons in Monk regarding
the mystery of Trudy's death/killer.

I just need to know if this gets resolved soon or remains a plot device for the rest of the show. This will ultimately determine how long I binge on this show. Of course, I'll eventually finish the show, because the episodes themselves are great, but I need to know how what kind of investment I'm making into the overarching story. Really frustrating.

Also, please don't spoil the story. A yes or no (or spoiler free equivalent) will suffice.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Blacklist (up to episode 7):

I'm loving this show and all but the carrot dangling about
the innocence of Elizabeth's husband
is getting a little more than played out at this point. I had to deal with this nonsense for more than half a dozen seasons in Monk regarding
the mystery of Trudy's death/killer.

I just need to know if this gets resolved soon or remains a plot device for the rest of the show. This will ultimately determine how long I binge on this show. Of course, I'll eventually finish the show, because the episodes themselves are great, but I need to know how what kind of investment I'm making into the overarching story. Really frustrating.

Also, please don't spoil the story. A yes or no (or spoiler free equivalent) will suffice.
Yes it will get an unsatisfactory resolution soon from what I remember. However if you are not a fan of carrot dangling mysteries you may want to consider a different show as it jumps from one Mcguffin to the next without any real resolution.

Yes it will get an unsatisfactory resolution soon from what I remember. However if you are not a fan of carrot dangling mysteries you may want to consider a different show as it jumps from one Mcguffin to the next without any real resolution.

Well that's disappointing. Yeah, this show just fell off my priority list.

I'm not necessarily looking for quick resolutions, but it's just that the mystery isn't all that interesting to me. It doesn't take this long to resolve a matter like this. Fringe managed to resolve a similar mystery by the end of the pilot.

Had this been a mystery revolving around the 'ultimate villain', the carrot dangling will be fine. But in this case, there's just obfuscation just for the sake of keeping things ambiguous enough to keep the plot device in play. It's incredibly frustrating.

Thanks for answering my question.

Top Bottom