• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

tchocky

Anyone got an idea when Brooklyn Nine Nine season 2 will be up in the uk?

They added season 1 last December a month before season 2 started on e4 so I would expect season 2 a month before it gets shown in the UK. I don't think they have announced a UK airdate for S3 but I would guess it's the same as last year so it would be up on netflix in December.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Jane the Virgin Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Drama)
Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me (Standup)
Jake and the Never Land Pirates Season 3 (TV, Kids)

Sweden:

Hannibal Season 3 (TV, Drama)

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Sweden:

Hannibal Season 3 (TV, Drama)

It was a shock to see it there. First half of the third season down and I can't really form an opinion. It lacks a coherent pacing and while interesting it struggles with keeping a narrative. Not as good as the more-or-less perfect first season.

It was a shock to see it there. First half of the third season down and I can't really form an opinion. It lacks a coherent pacing and while interesting it struggles with keeping a narrative. Not as good as the more-or-less perfect first season.

It gets so much better.

I posted it in Ukraine thread, but might as well post it here. If you have any interest in documentaries, please watch Winter on Fire. It might seem one sided because it's told only from perspective of the protesters, but it's extremely well directed and very impactful. Of course I'm biased because I'm Ukrainian, but it's also very well revived.

IMDB: 8.5
Rotten Tomatoes: 100%

Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom

ZGGkPUj.jpg

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Are you? I couldn't tell, you hide it so well. :p

I try to hide it. :p

I posted it in Ukraine thread, but might as well post it here. If you have any interest in documentaries, please watch Winter on Fire. It might seem one sided because it's told only from perspective of the protesters, but it's extremely well directed and very impactful. Of course I'm biased because I'm Ukrainian, but it's also very well revived.

I will be watching it this weekend. The trailer I saw last month looked incredible.

Jzero

God damn I never realized how much better 4K looks on a TV. Totally buying one on black Friday and upgrading to Netflix in 4K

hamchan

I only JUST noticed my smart tv app added a browse categories section next to search and profiles. Don't know when they updated it but I'm happy it's sorted a little bit better now.

tomtom94

*tinfoil hat on*

Beasts of No Nation has been boycotted by the US's four major theatre chains because they see its simultaneous Netflix release as a threat (not unjustifiably, of course). While I'm not saying it's definitely true, I can't help but feel it's possible to get a thousand people to brigade the IMDB page and lower the movie's rating.

*tinfoil hat off*

vpance

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some fuckery going on. I do usually check RT as well but the disparity in scores had me wondering.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
*tinfoil hat on*

Beasts of No Nation has been boycotted by the US's four major theatre chains because they see its simultaneous Netflix release as a threat (not unjustifiably, of course). While I'm not saying it's definitely true, I can't help but feel it's possible to get a thousand people to brigade the IMDB page and lower the movie's rating.

*tinfoil hat off*

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case.

*tinfoil hat on*

*tinfoil hat off*

I'm sure it doesn't help that the main characters are black either. Mad amount of racists will give films 1 star ratings on imdb just because the leads are black. I wish I was joking but Blue Caprice had an absurd amount of 1 star ratings for this reason.

edit: looks like BC's ratings have evened out a bit but there was a thread on imdb right when the film came out showing the strange amount of 1s.

edit 2: found it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2027064/board/thread/219898591

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm sure it doesn't help that the main characters are black either. Mad amount of racists will give films 1 star ratings on imdb just because the leads are black. I wish I was joking but Blue Caprice had an absurd amount of 1 star ratings for this reason.

edit: looks like BC's ratings have evened out a bit but there was a thread on imdb right when the film came out showing the strange amount of 1s.

edit 2: found it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2027064/board/thread/219898591

It would be interesting to hear what gaf has to say about it. I tend to think that that is the case (people voting 1's).

What percentage of shows on Netflix is in 4k?

Very low. They only started pumping out 4K content this year (starting with House of Cards S3). I believe the majority of stuff going forward is going to be in 4K.

nicolajNN

Finished season two of The Blacklist, now what should I watch first, Arrow S3 or The Flash?

Also, I think I want to watch a sci-fi show afterwards, any recommendations? Anything is welcome, but space adventure stuff in the vein of Stargate SG1 or Firefly that would be great.

I only JUST noticed my smart tv app added a browse categories section next to search and profiles. Don't know when they updated it but I'm happy it's sorted a little bit better now.

It's been there for like one or two weeks, it's a very recent change

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Fringe
Continuum
The X-Files
Sense8

Haven't seen, but I heard are good:

Farscape
Helix

If you have a DNS/VPN:

Battlestar Galactica (UK)

Finished season two of The Blacklist, now what should I watch first, Arrow S3 or The Flash?

Also, I think I want to watch a sci-fi show afterwards, any recommendations? Anything is welcome, but space adventure stuff in the vein of Stargate SG1 or Firefly that would be great.

Dark Matter! I got strong Firefly vibes from it.

Sci Fi and Fantasy are a big draw for me so here's a decent sized list. Note that it's only what's on US Netflix. There could be some great stuff in other regions if you're the type to switch them around.

Space:
Dark Matter
Farscape
Firefly (Rewatch :p )
Doctor Who

Not Space but good:
Fringe
Sliders
Quantum Leap
Continuum
SeaQuest DSV
Sense8
Torchwood
Eureka
Black Mirror

Not Space, Hate it or Love it shows:
Being Human
Bitten
Warehouse 13
Revolution
Alphas
Dollhouse (Joss Whedon show so you may love it)
The 100
Haven

Famassu

So wtf. I'm certain I watched 3 or 4 episodes of Community through the US Netflix yesterday. I tried to continue later on, didn't see it in my "continue watching" list, tried searching for it and came up with a "This is not avaliable for streaming, only available on Netflix DVD" How on Earth is it not available for streaming if I just streamed if a few hours earlier? o_O

How does that happen? Just in case, I checked and it wasn't in my actual region's Netflix either. Is it in Canada's Netflix and somehow my VPN gave me that in error even though I should've had a US ip address? Did someone accidentally put it up there before its time and they had to pull it until it's time? I'd assume it was removed except I don't think I've seen the show listed until yesterday, so I assume it was a new addition. Or was it all in my imagination?

So wtf. I'm certain I watched 3 or 4 episodes of Community through the US Netflix yesterday. I tried to continue later on, didn't see it in my "continue watching" list, tried searching for it and came up with a "This is not avaliable for streaming, only available on Netflix DVD" How on Earth is it not available for streaming if I just streamed if a few hours earlier? o_O

How does that happen? Just in case, I checked and it wasn't in my actual region's Netflix either. Is it in Canada's Netflix and somehow my VPN gave me that in error even though I should've had a US ip address? Did someone accidentally put it up there before its time and they had to pull it until it's time? Or was it all in my imagination?

Community has been on Canadian Netflix for years afaik and never, ever been on the US Netflix (It's Hulu and maybe Amazon exclusive). You had to have been on the Canadian or another regions site.. that or you were using a different service altogether.

From what I heard Arrow S3 is terrible and The Flash is great, sooooo...

Watch arrow and flash simultaneously. Theres a handful of crossovers/references and after you're down about the episode of arrow you just watched you get a flash to pick you back up.

nicolajNN

Thanks for the sci-fi recommendations guys.
From what I heard Arrow S3 is terrible and The Flash is great, sooooo...
Honestly I'm not that sensitive to bad television as long as it's in a genre I like so I'll be fine, hopefully.
Watch arrow and flash simultaneously. Theres a handful of crossovers/references and after you're down about the episode of arrow you just watched you get a flash to pick you back up.

Well I've just watched the first episode of Arrow so I might do this, though I usually just watch one show at a time

Top Bottom