• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Weird. Working on my iPad in the Mexico region but in my Mac keeps giving me the: "Sorry, Netflix hasn't come to this part of the world yet" message.

I've been having problems too using the app. The page would just sit there for a while finally load after about 4 minutes and then when I clicked on a vid to watch nothing happened. I suspect it was going to take about the same amount of time too, but I ain't trying to wait for that.

kingkitty

Human Centipede 3 might be one of the worst films I've ever seen. I didn't even think Human Centipede 1 was that bad. And Human Centipede 2 had some creativity (and incredible bad taste) going for it.

But the third one, nope. No redeeming qualities. It tried so hard to be this wacky thing...and it just made me want to close my laptop. I pretty much gave up 2/3rd into the movie. Not sure why I even bothered to watch that much.

Cade

Yes. It's much better than Vice.

Excellent. I just went ahead and bought a month of Ad-Free Time so I'll probably finish up Vice real quick and watch S6 on another Netflix.

EDIT:

It Follows (2014)
added to Netflix New Zealand, Oct 16, 2015

Guys, I did this by finally subbing to a VPN. Y'all welcome. I'm stoked as fuck.

So Netflix just started in Japan last month--does anyone know if there's a good resource for finding out what's coming and going on Netflix Japan?

Here's one:

http://netflixjapan.netflixable.com/2015/10/new-movie-arrivals-fri-oct-16-2015.html

Not sure how accurate it is.

Kinda disappointed with Netflix Japan so far. Not a whole lot of good Japanese shows.
I've been watching Solitary Gourmet which is easily the best show on there. I've also been watching the reality show Terrace House for guilty pleasure but nothing scandalous happens like western versions of Big Brother/Real World. Japan is so polite. lol. Oddly though, Terrace House is the only show that has English subtitles - I wonder if they are thinking of releasing it for western regions.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Does TH have subtitles? I watched the first and I liked it. But then the second episode didn't have the subtitles. I never went back to check again.

Does TH have subtitles? I watched the first and I liked it. But then the second episode didn't have the subtitles. I never went back to check again.

The old seasons do not have English subtitles. But the new 2015 season - produced by Netflix - has English subtitles by default:

The new Terrace House is currently being aired and is updated every Monday on Netflix. They are up to episode 6 out of 18 so far. Perhaps it takes them a day to get subtitles up? Not sure, but every episode I've seen has English subs.

Zm9z9Jg.png

The guys are kinda boring, but the girls are fun. Of course, reality shows are totally played out here in the US, but it's interesting to see a Japanese take on the roommate reality show phenomenon since it's relatively new over there.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks! I liked the first episode. The guys weren't too bad in that one. But yeah, the women were better.

Still having problems with Netflix. Can't login on my Mac and on the PS4 it logs in but can't play any content. Only works on my iPad.

How weird and annoying. Ugh.

Still having problems with Netflix. Can't login on my Mac and on the PS4 it logs in but can't play any content. Only works on my iPad.

How weird and annoying. Ugh.

Yesterday I was getting redirected by unblock-us (I'm not even a subscriber) when I logged into Netflix on my Mac. I had to reset my cookies. It was weird.

Yesterday I was getting redirected by unblock-us (I'm not even a subscriber) when I logged into Netflix on my Mac. I had to reset my cookies. It was weird.

I am an Ad free time subscriber and I thought it was on their end. I managed to create an account at unblocks and get one free month but is still not working.

I don't know what to do ;_;

Cade

It Follows was, in my opinion, great. I'm excited to read some in-depth discussion on it in the OT here and various articles around the internet but as I back-to-backed it with Cold in July (also good, but.. odd. Great soundtrack though) I am hella tired.

Definitely recommend both, though I've never seen anyone discuss Cold in July.

After finishing Friday Night Lights (great, btw) I wanted more Kyle Chandler and decided to get after Bloodlines.

Not a fan after the first episode. I doubt I'll continue.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched Her, really liked it. Anything similar that you guys can recommend?

Also Beasts of no Nation: loved it.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Is Her on Netflix? Because I've been wanting to watch that for a while but I don't think it is.

Not on the Dutch version, but I just got a Netflix account and want to use it so just thought I would ask here (and I saw Beasts of no nation so).

Top Bottom