• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Tugatrix

Today, on Swedish Netflix
HealthyMemorableCavy.gif

netflix portugal if isn't asking much please put this one up

Lach

Detectorists

This is better than it should be. Fun characters, funny, warm show. It's light but not like Hallmark. Humor is pretty consistent. Reminds me a bit of Office Space for some reason. Idk.

I've watched 4-5 episodes and suspect I'll finish the rest.

I have bad news for you (it's only six episodes).

Anyway, I've just watched this last week and binged through the season way to fast. I agree that I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It kinda hit the right tones with me....

River was damn good. Stellan Sarsgard's performance as emotionally tortured DI River was pretty amazing to watch. Also gotta love a tight six episode stand alone series that didn't really disappoint me in any way. A quality over quantity show for sure. Highly recommended British detective thriller.

Tugatrix

River was damn good. Stellan Sarsgard's performance as emotionally tortured DI River was pretty amazing to watch. Also gotta love a tight six episode stand alone series that didn't really disappoint me in any way. A quality over quantity show for sure. Highly recommended British detective thriller.

put line of duty next on your list

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I have bad news for you (it's only six episodes).

Anyway, I've just watched this last week and binged through the season way to fast. I agree that I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It kinda hit the right tones with me....
Gah! Cancelled, or just short seasons? I hope it's back.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Big Sky (Thriller)
Blunt Force Trauma (Action)
Katiyabaaz (Documentary, Social)
Spartacus Blood and Sand (TV, Action)
Training Day (Drama, Crime)

torontoml

Looking to watch a good British movie, something that isn't/wasn't popular in North America as I will likely have seen it. Open to pretty much any genre.

Any region.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Looking to watch a good British movie, something that isn't/wasn't popular in North America as I will likely have seen it. Open to pretty much any genre.

Any region.

Arthur Christmas
The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas
Snatch
The King's Speech (haven't seen it, heard it is good)
Romeo
Kingsman

Any region.
How about Black Death? It's got Sean Bean and Eddie Redmayne but I don't think it ever got much notice in the US. I rather enjoyed it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Darr @ the Mall (Thriller, Supernatural, Foreign)
Detective Conan Season 1 (Anime)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 10 (TV, Comedy, Wild Card)
New Girl Season 4 (TV, Comedy)
Phantom Halo (Thriller, Crime)

UK:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 2 (TV, Comedy)
Sahara (Action)
Screwed (Comedy)
The Best Man Holiday (Romantic, Comedy)

torontoml

Thanks guys, I'll probably check out black death. I've seen most of those GK, and liked all the ones I saw so good picks anyway.

What about kinda quirky crime movies like, In Bruges, London Boulevard and Cassandras Dream? I know all of those star Colin Farrell but I really enjoyed them. Snatch and Guy Ritchie's other movies are also very enjoyable.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks guys, I'll probably check out black death. I've seen most of those GK, and liked all the ones I saw so good picks anyway.

What about kinda quirky crime movies like, In Bruges, London Boulevard and Cassandras Dream? I know all of those star Colin Farrell but I really enjoyed them. Snatch and Guy Ritchie's other movies are also very enjoyable.

The Guard is kinda like In Bruges. Even stars Brendan Gleeson too.

lordxar

Any region.

Redirected is your answer lol. Vinnie Jones and a bunch of violence...Fucking great movie. I went in looking low but it aimed high.

tomtom94

You know how there must always be a Stark in Winterfell? Apparently there must also be a shitty Selzerberg movie on Netflix UK; having finally ditched Disaster Movie we now have Meet the Spartans.

Hooray.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Atrocious (Horror, Foreign)
Bajatey Raho (Comedy, Foreign)
Eden (Thriller)
Je suis Charlie (Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Lucid Dream Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Pumping Iron (Documentary, Sports)
Rurouni Kenshin Season 1 (Anime)
Taps (Drama)

Canada:

Filmistaan (Comedy, Foreign)
Happy Gilmore (Comedy)
Na Maloom Afraad (Action, Comedy)
Tomorrowland (Action, SciFi)

Japan:

Aliens in the Attic (Family)
Big Momma's House (Comedy)
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Family)
Guess Who (Comedy)
In Time (Thriller, SciFi)
Jumper (Action, SciFi)
Knight and Day (Action)

Portugal:

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (Family)
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (Family)
Black Sails Season 1-2 (TV, Drama)
Burlesque (Drama)
Man on Fire (Thriller)

Fuck yes, Black Sails. I have been wanting to check that show out.

BIG improvement over season 3. Just below season 2 in terms of quality actually. And it has two of the funniest episodes in it: Background Check and Spider Hunt.

Awesome to hear. I liked S3, but not as much as the first two. Going to be watching it along side Penny Dreadful.

Cade

So far UNOGS only has added India to their search but there's a lot of stuff added. Mostly Bollywood but there's a couple classics like Gone With the Wind, The Maltese Falcon, etc. Along with other stuff not on any Netflix like Before Sunrise.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I checked out the first episode of Blue Mountain State. Never heard or seen the show before, but I found it hilarious. Going to keep watching.

Milchmann

So far UNOGS only has added India to their search but there's a lot of stuff added. Mostly Bollywood but there's a couple classics like Gone With the Wind, The Maltese Falcon, etc. Along with other stuff not on any Netflix like Before Sunrise.

Russia, Greece and South Korea were also added.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Any good content in those regions?

Edit - Unblock added India. Like a poster said, nothing big.

I checked out the first episode of Blue Mountain State. Never heard or seen the show before, but I found it hilarious. Going to keep watching.
It's gets pretty funny, there's some great moments. Keep us updated. I think the 2nd season might have been even better

Top Bottom