• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

kiguel182

Smartflix looks great, I might try it on PC if more people use it sucessfully. No iPad or PS4 support is a shame but it's way cheaper than my current getflix subscription.

But I just bought one year of getflix either way so I'll stick with that + moreflix for now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Durarara!! X2 Season Shou (Anime)
El Hombre de la Lado (Drama, Comedy, Foreign)
In the Basement (Documentary, Social)
Littlest Pet Shop Season 4 (TV, Kids)
Meet the Patels (Drama, Foreign)
Rosario Tijeras (Action, Thriller)

Germany:

Muppets Most Wanted (Family)

Australia:

Strange Magic (Family)

Mexico:

Escape Plan (Action, Thriller)
Red Riding Hood (Family)

Laekon

Anyone ever have anything funny happen with their Netflix account? Today I went to watch a show I've been marathoning and the next episode came played sound but not video. On the screen was some unauthorized content warning but it was bigger then the screen. I went back out and went to select a different episode and it said the net 3 episodes had already been watched. I don't have auto play on and have never shared my account or used it on another persons device.

This is through a Roku and no I don't steal wifi from a church. The show played fine on my laptop and resetting the Roku cleared the picture issue.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Go under your account settings and check the devices. It will show every device your Netflix account is on.

Nyx

Watched The Central Park Five.

Man...

After Making a Murderer and this I really don't understand how the justice system works in the USA.

In this doc for example they show that the officers who were questioning these fellas just straight up lied and told them each separately that the others already confessed and were spilling names. All the guys started to do the same thing (''if they said my name, I will say theirs''), just making up a story about what happened and who did what, ofcourse all five stories were different.

And as there was no physical evidence these guys got sentenced purely on their own coerced confessions.

Here in The Netherlands it is forbidden for police to lie like that to suspects.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I saw the doc a few days ago too. It pissed me off. Not only because the cops made them confess to a crime they didn't commit, but the fact that everyone involved had it out for those boys.

Those boys/men had their lives destroyed and the people that did it faced zero consequences.

Really well done doc and I would recommend it.

JavyOO7

Saw all of 'Making a Murderer' this past Sunday... man. I need to watch something light hearted. That made me so mad/depressed watching the entirety of that.

wouwie

I read somewhere that the worldwide deal between Netflix and BBC ends this january. Anyone know more about this? I really hope they agree to extend the deal. I love British tv (mainly BBC and ITV) and would like to see a lot more British content in my country. Otherwise, this would be one more reason to end my Netflix subscription (on top of the poor movie content in my country).

El Topo

I read somewhere that the worldwide deal between Netflix and BBC ends this january. Anyone know more about this? I really hope they agree to extend the deal. I love British tv (mainly BBC and ITV) and would like to see a lot more British content in my country. Otherwise, this would be one more reason to end my Netflix subscription (on top of the poor movie content in my country).

Are you sure you didn't accidentally stumble upon an article from last year? Can't find anything on this, other than that (as is common) certain BBC shows may expire in some countries. At the very least it doesn't seem to be worldwide, as only one or two BBC properties seem to be leaving German Netflix.

wouwie

Are you sure you didn't accidentally stumble upon an article from last year? Can't find anything on this, other than that (as is common) certain BBC shows may expire in some countries. At the very least it doesn't seem to be worldwide, as only one or two BBC properties seem to be leaving German Netflix.

I double checked before posting but it was an article from today on an unofficial netflix site in my country (apparently, bbc titles are flagged in the db as leaving end of january). Since it doesn't seem to be known elsewhere, i'll assume it's not true or a local thing. It would be a shame to see the excellent (but far too small) BBC catalogue dissapear.

Xater

Just watched Curse of Chucky which I enjoyed but I was super bummed out it wasn't the unrated version. Had to at least look up the missing post-credits sequence.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Parks and Recreation Season 7 (TV, Comedy)

Canada:

Shadowhunters Season 1 (TV, Fantasy, Netflix Original)

France:

Big Fat Liar (Family)
Half Baked (Comedy)
Jaw 2 (Thriller)
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (Comedy)
The L Word Season 1-6 (TV, Drama)
Revenge of the Nerds (Comedy)

Mexico:

The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Action)

Sweden:

The Sandlot (Family)

addik

I think they started adding some shows in Netflix Asia today (based from the Philippines). I got an email about The 100, and I don't think I ever saw that on my page before. I also saw The Boy with the Striped Pajamas and Full Metal Jacket popping up in my list.

It's kinda hard to figure things out since technically everything is "new" in our Netflix, but if these were truly recently added, I hope they constantly add a few more titles slowly. I doubt we would be seeing a lot of hits arrive in Netflix since the other streaming sites have snagged them already in SE Asia.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Pretty sure those were added at the initial launch. It seems like all the new countries got the same content at launch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
https://media.netflix.com/en/company-blog/evolving-proxy-detection-as-a-global-service

Some members use proxies or “unblockers” to access titles available outside their territory. To address this, we employ the same or similar measures other firms do. This technology continues to evolve and we are evolving with it. That means in coming weeks, those using proxies and unblockers will only be able to access the service in the country where they currently are. We are confident this change won’t impact members not using proxies.

kiguel182

As I said in the thread, I've been using Hulu for years with unblock and never had a problem. Using the same service as other companies means just that, I will imagine.

They're just playing along with the movie studios whining.

I'm hoping is this but it's always a cause for concern when they start with talk like this.

I can access Hulu just fine with my DNS provider.

Kinokou

So I just watched the first episode of Shadowhunters, I guess it is ok, but the action sequences were terrible.

However I will keep on watching, because for my unexpected delight it is dubbed into a couple of languages. So I'll be watching in italian! Super happy about this since I have been personally lamenting the lack of Italian language content for a few months now.

Also I'm a tiny bit intrigued by what looks like changes to the plot, but so far they are just plain annoying as it doesn't quite fit to have this done and then have the characters act exactly like they did in the source material.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Netflix Orders Miranda Sings Comedy Series ‘Haters Back Off’ Starring YouTube’s Colleen Ballinger-Evans

Netflix has given an eight-episode order to Hates Back Off, a half-hour comedy starring top YouTube personality, Colleen Ballinger-Evans. Based on Ballinger-Evans’s most popular character, Miranda Sings, Haters Back Off delves into the oddball family life of Miranda Sings(Ballinger-Evans), an incredibly confident, totally untalented star on the rise who continues to fail upward by the power of her belief that she was born famous, it’s just no one knows it yet.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

50 Feet from Syria (Documentary, Biographical)
Chau, Beyond the Lines (Documentary, Biographical)
Last Day of Freedom (Documentary, Biographical)
Minerita (Documentary, Social)
Starting Point (Documentary, Biographical, Foreign)
The Ladykillers (Comedy)
The Testimony (Documentary, Cultural)
Unleashed! A Dog Dancing Story (Documentary)
World of Tomorrow (Comedy, Animation)

UK:

9 Muses of Star Empire (Documentary, Biographical)
Being Ginger (Documentary, Biographical, Foreign)
Semi-Tough (Comedy)
Svengali (Comedy)
The Rescuers (Family)
Tony Hinchcliffe: One Shot (Standup)
Ulee's Gold (Indie, Drama)

Spain:

Miss March (Comedy, Romantic)
Notorious (Drama)
Ride Along (Action, Comedy)

France:

Looking for Simon (Drama)
The Magic of Belle Isle (Drama)

Germany:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Action)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Season 1-5 (Anime)
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes (Family)
The Death Clique (Drama, Crime)

Australia:

Most Haunted Season 1-3 (TV, Reality)
Shameless Season 5 (US, TV, Drama, Comedy)

Sweden:

A Gift of Miracles (Romantic, Drama)
A Gang Story (Thriller, Foreign)
Devil's Playground (Horror, Zombie)
Initial D: Special Edition (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
La Dolce Vita (Drama, Foreign)
Manhattan Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Paris by Night (Crime, Drama)
Sleep Tight (Thriller)
The Music Never Stopped (Indie, Drama)
The Weight of Elephants (Drama, Foreign)
Three Kingdoms (Action, Foreign)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished Black Sails S1. I mentioned before that it can be a bit rough around the edges, but it is good. Actually, I thought it got better as the season went on. The last episode was great and the battle was pretty good.

Zach McGowan did a fantastic job as Captain Zane. His character was my favorite one. Mostly because how badass he sounds when he talks. I liked Silver at the beginning, but he doesn't really do much and his character doesn't advance through the course of the season.

I'm going to start S2 when I get a chance.

Have many people here been using the recently released (well, still in beta) Smartflix app? It basically shows all of the available content, from every region with a simple 'click and play' approach.

https://www.smartflix.io/

I've been using it and while it is clearly still a work in progress, I haven't had any issues with it. The dev has been answering questions on reddit as well, which is a good sign the app has good intentions (unlike that joke Hola turned out to be!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/netflix/comments/3toeof/all_smartflix_app_for_windows_and_mac_access_more/

I just want to say that this thing is fuckin incredible. I have watched so many movies with this lately and it has made Netflix a million times better. If you haven't downloaded this yet, you need to.

Just finished Black Sails S1. I mentioned before that it can be a bit rough around the edges, but it is good. Actually, I thought it got better as the season went on. The last episode was great and the battle was pretty good.

Zach McGowan did a fantastic job as Captain Zane. His character was my favorite one. Mostly because how badass he sounds when he talks. I liked Silver at the beginning, but he doesn't really do much and his character doesn't advance through the course of the season.

I'm going to start S2 when I get a chance.

Where is Black Sails Available?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Still working on my end. Try closing the browser and reopening it. Sometimes when I switch regions, I have to do that in order for it to switch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

9 Muses of Star Empire (Documentary, Music)
All that Glitters (Drama, Comedy, Foreign)
Being Ginger (Documentary, Biographical, Foreign)
Chase by Desire (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Degrassi: Next Class Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Everly (Action, Thriller)
Female Agents (Drama, Foreign)
Go with Le Flo (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Happily Ever After (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Hyde Park on Hudson (Drama)
Lessons for a Kiss (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
LOL (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Meet the Small Potatoes (Family)
My Friends, My Love (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Paris by Night (Romantic, Drama)
Sirens Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Spanish Lake (Documentary, Social)
Starting Point (Documentary, Biographical, Foreign)
TEDTalks: Cyber Awe Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
The Last Five Years (Romantic, Comedy)
The Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies (Drama, Crime)
The Overnight (Indie, Comedy)
Till det som ar vackert (Drama, Foreign)
Tony Hinchcliffe: One Shot (Standup)
What's in a Name? (Comedy, Foreign)
When Animals Dream (Horror, Foreign
You'll Be a Man (Comedy, Foreign)

Mimosa97

Still working on my end. Try closing the browser and reopening it. Sometimes when I switch regions, I have to do that in order for it to switch.

I watch Netflix on my PS3. Tried it on my browser and it's not working.

The dream is dead.

Which proxy do you use ?

Top Bottom