• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

tchocky

Does anyone know how to search films with Chinese subtitles? I found the option for subs but the languages available from the drop down did not include Chinese.

I know for certain some films have Chinese subs but I'm unable to find any way to get a list

unogs.com

berzeli

Banned
Netflix Orders ‘Altered Carbon’ Drama Series From Laeta Kalogridis & Skydance
Netflix has picked up Altered Carbon, a futuristic drama series conceived, written and executive produced by LaNetflix Logoeta Kalogridis (Avatar, Shutter Island, Terminator Genesis). The project, which has received a 10-episode order, is based on Richard Morgan’s award-winning 2002 cyberpunk sci-fi novel of the same name. Skydance Television, which produces Netflix comedy Grace and Frankie, is the studio.
Altered Carbon is set in the 25th century when the human mind has been digitized and the soul itself is transferable from one body to the next. Takeshi Kovacs, a former elite interstellar warrior known as an Envoy who has been imprisoned for 500 years, is downloaded into a future he’d tried to stop. If he can solve a single murder in a world where technology has made death nearly obsolete, he’ll get a chance at a new life on Earth.

Kalogridis had written a screenplay on spec with David H. Goodman, which they’d tried to sell for years. It is now being made as a TV series by Netflix, though Goodman is not available to work on the show.

If anyone wants to bother making a thread for this go ahead. I just can't get excited about something from the writer of such classics as Terminator Genisys and Pathfinder. (In fairness she did also write Shutter Island)

Netflix Orders ‘Altered Carbon’ Drama Series From Laeta Kalogridis & Skydance

If anyone wants to bother making a thread for this go ahead. I just can't get excited about something from the writer of such classics as Terminator Genisys and Pathfinder. (In fairness she did also write Shutter Island)

altered carbon is a really good fit for a TV series. a lot of it would just be translating the action in the novel to screen directions. I'm remaining optimistic until they announce a director. will also be interesting to see how they cast Kovacs.

watched the crying game. even being familiar with the twist it's still a well-crafted thriller in the interesting political context of the irish troubles--uncharted territory for americans like myself. great acting by stephen rea and jaye davidson as well. can't say the same for forest whitaker's accent tho

nicolajNN

I've been watching Black Sails, 6 episodes in and I'm quite liking it, but I can't help but notice that there's a distinct lack of... well, black sails, plenty of white sails, but no black ones

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Conviction Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Curve (Thriller, Horror)
Incompresa (Drama, Foreign)
Occupied Season 1 (TV, Thriller)
Strangerland (Thriller, Drama)
The Viel (Horror, Thriller)
Visions (Horror, Supernatural)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
At first I thought Kimmy Schmidt would not be for me, but as it turns out it just has a pretty weak pilot. Watched the episode with peeno noir yesterday and I nearly died. And this was even better.

OraleeWey

Is there anything that would prevent me from sharing my account's password with someone else, to let them access it?
Not as far as I know. If you share it with friends, I believe that only 2 devices can stream at once. However, I don't know what Netflix's views are about sharing. I certainly let trusted family members use my account. Though, they don't know my password. I log in for them.

kiguel182

Not as far as I know. If you share it with friends, I believe that only 2 devices can stream at once. However, I don't know what Netflix's views are about sharing. I certainly let trusted family members use my account. Though, they don't know my password. I log in for them.

Netflix doesn't mind that you to share. They have no problem with it.

Sharing is a feature that they advertise as part of your subscription. If you pay for the cheap SD plan, you are not allowed to share but the higher tiers are. It's also the entire reason the family subscription exists.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I finished up Black Sails S2. So good. Especially the last episode. Seeing
them wreck havoc was amazing.

Season 2 was a big improvement on S1. I recommend this show.

Now I need a new show to watch.

Kaladin

I finished up Black Sails S2. So good. Especially the last episode. Seeing
them wreck havoc was amazing.

Season 2 was a big improvement on S1. I recommend this show.

Now I need a new show to watch.

Have you watched Fargo? I binged season 1 (UK Netflix) pretty quickly and now I'm going through the second season on FX Now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Have you watched Fargo? I binged season 1 (UK Netflix) pretty quickly and now I'm going through the second season on FX Now.

Ooo, good choice. Never seen it before, but it has been something I have been meaning to check out. Thanks!

empyrean

Anyone use a smart dns on an amazon fire tv stick? i use adfreetime and if set the dns servers to theirs the netflix app on the fire stick just crashes constantly :(

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ooo, good choice. Never seen it before, but it has been something I have been meaning to check out. Thanks!

oh man... you are in for a treat. You'll finish s1 and think it's incredible... then know that s2 outdoes it in every aspect. I remember back in the OT people started to think Hawley couldn't keep up this perfect run til the end, but he did. For me it really is one of the best drama seasons overall.

Kaladin

Hell, it is done in such a way you can watch complete reverse order and watch Season 2, Season 1 and the movie and it still wouldn't matter.

Striker

Jack The Bear is a nice movie to watch if you're into dramas. Danny DeVito, Gary Sinise, a young Robert J. Steinmiller Jr and Miko Hughes are the main characters.

Karu

Watched S.H.I.T. and it was shit, stopped 30 before ending.

Watched Crazy Stupid Love and it's a fantastic movie. I would probably watch anything with Carell as the lead, but still. The ending is slightly disappointing, but still quite worth the watch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Chelsea Does Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Netflix Original)
Drone (Documentary, Military)
Ricardo O'Farrill Abrazo Genial (Standup, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Sharknado 3 (B-Horror)
Swim Little Fish Swim (Indie, Drama)
When Calls the Heart Season 2 (TV, Drama)

Canada:

The 100 Season 3 (TV, SciFi)

Japan:

Ajin Season 1 (Anime)
The Americans Season 2 (TV, Action)

France:

A Call Girl (Drama, Foreign)
A Perfect Ending (Drama, Romantic, Gay & Lesbian, Foreign)
Abrir puertas y ventanas (Drama, Foreign)
Bovine (Documentary, Nature)
Bye Bye Blondie (Drama, Foreign)
Chercher le Garcon (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Elles (Drama, Foreign(
Ex Drummer (Drama, Foreign)
Gone Fishing (Drama, Foreign)
Mairte du Monde (Drama, Foreign)
Ombline (Drama, Foreign)
Paraisos Artificiasis (Drama, Foreign)
The China Syndrome (Action, Thriller)
The Monitor (Thriller, Horror, Foreign)

Australia:

Cuban Fury (Romantic, Comedy)
Kal Ho Naa Ho (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Loins of Punjab (Indie, Comedy, Foreign)
The Clinic (Horror, Slasher)
Ungli (Comedy, Foreign)
Yudh Season 1 (TV, Thriller)

Mexico:

Bucktown (Action, Thriller)
Clown (Indie, Horror)
Eleanor's Street (Family, Foreign)
The Child Saver (Drama)
Zine Troopers (Action, SciFi)

Sweden:

Almost Perfect (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Agent Carter Season 2 (TV, Action)
Das Boot: Theatrical Cut (Drama, Foreign)
Eat Pray Love (Drama, Romantic)
Gandhi (Drama)
The Carrie Diaries Season 2 (TV, Drama)

zsswimmer

Just watched Trophy Kids.. that's just depressing as hell, wanted to punch that football father during his car rant. I was in sports half my life and Im thankful my parents were nothing like that.

Kaladin

If you like Cops, Under Arrest is awesome. It's kind of just the best, more extreme parts of Cops without any of the ride along bs.

Stackboy

Watched Her on Canadian Netflix over the weekend, fantastic film.

Rewatching Twin Peaks at the moment, as my wife hasn't seen it and Coop is her favorite character of all time.

Draconian

Bloodline is really good. Don't know why it didn't get the hype that some of the other Netflix series have gotten, but I'm happy to see it's getting another season this year.

Top Bottom