• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Contre-enquete (Thriller, Foreign)
Frozen Planet Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Nature)
Frozen Planet: On Thin Ice (TV, Documentary, Nature)
Frozen Planet: The Epic Journey (TV, Documentary, Nature)
Taxi Brooklyn Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
The Making of Frozen Planet Season 1 (TV, Documentary, Nature)

Germany:

The Lion King 1 1/2 (Family)

Australia:

Get Hard (Comedy)
Run All Night (Action, Thriller)

Slacker

Just watched Trophy Kids.. that's just depressing as hell, wanted to punch that football father during his car rant. I was in sports half my life and Im thankful my parents were nothing like that.

This was a good (if depressing) watch. The soundtrack, though. Sounds like they googled "free music for my movie."

Good day for documentaries. Oscar Nominated Documentary, Amy, is up on Netflix Brazil and the follow up for The Art Of Killing, The Look of Silence, is up on Netflix UK.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Picture of You (Comedy)
Armageddon (Action, SciFi)
Better Call Saul Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Charlie's Country (Indie, Drama)
Cruel Intentions (Drama)
Full Metal Jacket (Drama, War)
Hate Crimes in the Heartland (Documentary, Historical)
Like Sunday, Like Rain (Indie, Drama)
Mercenaries Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
My Side of the Mountain (Family)
Naruto Season 4 (Anime)
Para Elisa (Horror, Foreign)
Pokemon: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction (Family)
Pokemon: XY Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Pound of Flesh (Action, Thriller)
Sand Dollars (Drama, Foreign)
Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (Family)
Sin City (Action, Thriller)
Talladega Nights (Comedy)
The Heavy Water War Season 1 (TV, Drama)
The Little Engine That Could (Family)
The Lizzie Borden Chronicles Season 1 (TV, Drama, Crime)
The One I Wrote for You (Family)
The Search for Life: The Drake Equation (Documentary, Science)
The Story of Maths Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
The Year Dolly Parton Was My Mom (Indie, Drama)
Tin Man Season 1 (TV, Fantasy)
Tokyo Tribe (Action, Foreign)
Unsung Heroes: America's Female Patriots (Documentary, Historical)
Waking Ned Devine (Indie, Comedy)
Young Justice Season 2 (TV, Kids)

Canada:

C.O.G. (Indie, Drama)
Hate Story 2 (Thriller)
Song of the Sea (Family)
The Boy (Indie, Horror)
Tiger House (Action, Thriller)
Tron: Legacy (Action, SciFi)

UK:

Canadian Bacon (Comedy)
Easy Money (Comedy)
The Devil's Violinist (Drama, Foreign)
The Dudesons Movie (Comedy, Foreign)

France:

Another Year (Indie, Drama)
Ayurveda: The Art of Being (Documentary, Social)
I'm Not There (Indie, Drama)
Newsies (Family)
Out of Time (Thriller)
Persepolis (Drama, Foreign)
Safe House (Action, Thriller)
Sin Nombre (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
The Big Year (Comedy)
Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 (Anime)
Waking Sleeping Beauty (Documentary, Social)

Germany:

Die Hard: With a Vengeance (Action)
Doom (Action, SciFi)
Red Dawn ('12, Action)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Comedy, SciFi)

Australia:

Aldonah.Zero Season 1 (Anime)
Cinema Paradiso (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
The Box (Thriller)

Mexico:

Anima Buenos Aires (Comedy, Foreign)
Beauty and the Beast Season 3 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
Coraline (Family)
Hotel Transylvania (Family)

Sweden:

Army of Darkness (Horror, Comedy, Hail to the King)
Battle of Britain (Drama, War)
Child's Play (Horror)
Glee Season 6 (TV, Comedy)

tomtom94

GK, if you're reading this, thanks for getting the updates up before you got banned

One I didn't see in the UK list but which I know is up was The Look of Silence, Joshua Oppenheimer's companion piece to The Act of Killing.

Nyx

I loved Better Caul Saul S1 way more than I expected.

Before airing I was afraid it would just be a Breaking Bad cash-in and had worries Saul could not carry a show as main character, but I have to say he totally did!

Akahige

Just started Better Call Saul myself, I'm actually liking it more than I thought that I would, it's not as nod and wink as I expected. The show doesn't have the same kind of hook as Breaking Bad and there does seem to be some fumbling around but I'm interested in the character's outcomes. The show's cinematography and visual aesthetic is pretty disappointing though, it looks more tvish compared to Breaking Bad.

PixelPeZ

is there any way of seeing what's actually being added? the 'recently added' tab is useless and my country isn't on any of the sites like istreamguide.

Gray Matter

Just finished better call Saul, I still stand by my "more Saul goodman, less jimmy McGill" statement, but it was enjoyable. The last 4 episodes were good, it shows how conflicted he can be, I wonder how they'll do the transformation from jimmy to Saul.

Also, mike was great, his past was really touching, seeing
tuco
was a cool surprise, and nachos character was underutilized IMO.

So, is there any reason for "My list" and "Continue Watching" to disappear?

I'm using the Ps4 app. My list ended being pushed to the bottom and I resorted to using "continue watching" instead, but today after going through every row twice, they are not there. Looks like I will have to go back to keeping my backlog on a spreadsheet.

C4Lukins

I have been watching Better Call Saul. The first couple of episodes are super slow, but it really picks up and turns into the equivalent of Breaking Bad for Saul and Mike.

tomtom94

Season 3 of TurboFAST has gone up today along with a new Hannibal Buress special, Comedy Camisado.

I've managed to find a website that tells me of updates to the US and Australia/NZ, but none of the other regions, so I'll let you know if I spot anything exciting.

If you liked Breaking Bad and enjoy things that are good, you'll like it!

I'm really enjoying it so far. It's definitely set in the same Breaking Bad universe.
I had a lot of time yesterday and pretty much binged it all day. Was pretty enjoyable, I expect s2 to be better. Season spoilers:
chuck is a dick!
Final season of Mad Men! I have held out till now!!!! Get hype.
Finally :")

kuppy

Oh boy, I'm using Flicksurfer from now on. You can't beat that clean look. Loving it.
Right from the initial search I can see the IMDB and Netflix score with direct links, plus the movie length or available seasons. Detail shows Netflix regions, links to a YouTube trailer search, IMDB and Netflix synopsis, Rotten Tomatoes consensus and awards. The search filters really are advanced. This is perfect. Really saving me some clicks. And as a backup for more detailed region information (though I should rarely need those) there is still UNOGS. Cool.

Edit: Okay, to be fair, it seems like Flicksurfer sometimes associates the wrong (shortened) title and cover to a movie. Nothing major though, thinking about it or searching for the director should clear things up.

Laekon

Oh boy, I'm using Flicksurfer from now on. You can't beat that clean look. Loving it.
Right from the initial search I can see the IMDB and Netflix score with direct links, plus the movie length or available seasons. Detail shows Netflix regions, links to a YouTube trailer search, IMDB and Netflix synopsis, Rotten Tomatoes consensus and awards. The search filters really are advanced. This is perfect. Really saving me some clicks. And as a backup for more detailed region information (though I should rarely need those) there is still UNOGS. Cool.

Edit: Okay, to be fair, it seems like Flicksurfer sometimes associates the wrong (shortened) title and cover to a movie. Nothing major though, thinking about it or searching for the director should clear things up.

This is the best bot post I've read in awhile.

2/2
The Drop <-- this is pretty good
Fandry
The Fury
Game Face
Hellions
The Island <-- this is decent too and fans of MST3k will recognize it as a rip-off of Parts: The Clonus Horror
Johnny English
Land Before Time: Journey of the Brave
Larva Season 3
The Saint
Thomas and Friends: Rescue on the Rails
Thomas and Friends: Sing-alongs and Stories

2/3
The Diabolical
A Faster Horse
The Hollow
I Love You Phillip Morris
Masha's Tale Season 1