• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

jakncoke

Banned
And when you're done with that watching Pulling John. An interesting documentary about a 20+ year arm wrestling champ (who happens to have a cameo in Over the Top). Admittedly weird topic but intriguing none the less.

Oh neat, its on instant watch. I'll be sure to check that out sometime.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
One of these was added auto-added to my queue, are formerly expired titles now auto-added back into your queue? Nice if true!

Yeah, it's a nice little feature. If anything in your q has expired, but is brought back at a later date, it will be in your Q automatically. Even in the same position that it was before.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Ken Burns: Baseball (Documentary)
Voltron: Lion Force (TV, Cartoons)

Edit- This isn't until June, but here are some titles that will be hitting: Hercules(animated film), Mulan, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Fox and the Hound 2, and Super Troopers. Way, way down the line: Leverage, Ghostbusters, The Italian Job.

gbooster

Neo Member
The Red Violin is a really good movie, pretty dark and twisted. So is Hoosiers, best basketball movie ever. I am looking forward to seeing those again.

jakncoke

Banned
Added today:

Ken Burns: Baseball (Documentary)
Voltron: Lion Force (TV, Cartoons)

Edit- This isn't until June, but here are some titles that will be hitting: Hercules(animated film), Mulan, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, The Fox and the Hound 2, and Super Troopers. Way, way down the line: Leverage, Ghostbusters, The Italian Job.

Awesome

Kaladin

I'm enjoying marathoning old How I Met Your Mother episodes, but damn....I'm only on season 1 and Ted is fucking annoying with each of these women.

I'm enjoying marathoning old How I Met Your Mother episodes, but damn....I'm only on season 1 and Ted is fucking annoying with each of these women.

I couldn't stand him so I stopped watching. Gave it about 6-7 episodes before I just noped the fuck out. At the same time, I've grown pretty tired of multi-camera cliches so I've mostly stayed clear of that brand of television for a long while (pretty much since That 70's Show).

Though Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) is solid.

Kaladin

I couldn't stand him so I stopped watching. Gave it about 6-7 episodes before I just noped the fuck out. At the same time, I've grown pretty tired of multi-camera cliches so I've mostly stayed clear of that brand of television for a long while (pretty much since That 70's Show).

Though Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) is solid.

The rest of the cast is what keeps me watching.....even in the newer episodes, I've just grown tired of Ted's wash rinse repeat storylines and I'm just watching it for the rest of the cast.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Uh if you can't stand it now maybe you should stop watching. The first few seasons were the best. Now they just be milking this show for all its worth.

Aiii

So not worth it
Gave up HIMYM this season actually. I would recommend going up to S4 and then quitting, show takes a significant drop during S4 and never really came back from that.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Gave up HIMYM this season actually. I would recommend going up to S4 and then quitting, show takes a significant drop during S4 and never really came back from that.

One more season left. Usually for shows that I've followed for this long I will stick it out til the bitter end.

WoodWERD

Good show, I've really enjoyed what I've watched so far. Definitely need to finish watching it.

Damn right, shit smear! :D

image.php

Had no idea there was a limit on how many movies you could have in your instant que, hit the 500 mark and was informed I could add no more until I deleted some from my que, haha.

Expiring soon:

Crash - April 6th
Paranormal Activity 2 - April 7th

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - April 16th
American Dad Season 6 - April 19th
WWE (King of the Ring, Stone Cold, Epic Journey of Rock, Ladder Match 2) - April 20th

Expiring on the April 29th:

Astonishing X-Men: Gifted
Black Panther: The Animated Series
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes
The Incredible Hulk (1996-1997)
Iron Man: Armored Adventures
Iron Man: Extremis
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man Unlimited
Spider-Woman: Agent of S.W.O.R.D.
Waiting for Superman

Expiring on May 1st:

Adaptation.
Alfie
Barney (looks like all of the them)
Big Daddy
The Black Stallion
Bob the Builder (looks like all of them)
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
Dancehall Queen
Deep Impact
Eight Crazy Nights
Evidence of Blood
Fireproof
Joe Dirt
Mouse Hunt
Not Another Teen Movie
Platoon
Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends
TEDTalks (looks like all of them)
Thomas & Friends (looks like all of them)
Trailer Park Boys
WarGames

There is a ton more stuff. The majority of which are older films from 1980 and below.

There's a bunch of older horror movies/Vincent Price movies. Do you know if these are included in the ones expiring? I have so many to get to if that's the case...

Yea what a shame, looks like a lot of the Boris Karloff/Italian Horror movies are expiring on May 1st. I'll never get to the lot of 'em. I'll have to pick and choose the best ones.

Black Sabbath is one I'd definitely recommend.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
There's a bunch of older horror movies/Vincent Price movies. Do you know if these are included in the ones expiring? I have so many to get to if that's the case...

Movies with Vincent Price expiring:

Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs
Dr. Phibes Rises Again
Tales of Terror
Theater of Blood
Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine
Witchfinder General
The Last Man on Earth
The Comedy of Terrors
The Masque of the Red Death
Master of the World
Madhouse

It is a good bet that the older horror films you have in your Q, are expiring as well.

GeeDuhb

So maybe this had been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but I only read back a few pages...does anyone else ever have the "reordering of your queue" thing happen? I see it happen from time to time, but it has happened to me like 3 times this week...and looking on the site, it seems like they are ordering it by "netflix recommends" now (this is on my PS3). Frustrating!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So maybe this had been mentioned somewhere in the thread, but I only read back a few pages...does anyone else ever have the "reordering of your queue" thing happen? I see it happen from time to time, but it has happened to me like 3 times this week...and looking on the site, it seems like they are ordering it by "netflix recommends" now (this is on my PS3). Frustrating!

I have never heard of that happening, strange.

It happened to me a few weeks back. I have about 200 items in my queue, and for the longest time they were in the same order that I added them, now they're all scrambled. This is on my PS3 as well.

That's definitely happened to me before. I've had it delete items from my queue before as well and I've had to search them out again. Strangely, though, all my issues have been with the 360 application. My PS3 Netflix works much better and has a more intuitive interface.

Like, bro, why the fuck do I have to actually start watching something in order to give it a rating or select a different episode? Is that a joke?

I'm watching the Nitro Circus movie and so far it feels very forced, especially with the voice over talking about how no one thought they "could do it" or how great they are. The chemistry the jack ass guys have just isn't there and no one is even close to as memorable.

I think part of the problem is the segments they record after or in between tricks feel like the producer or director said to them "okay guys, say this after this trick, action!" It just feels so unnatural

GeeDuhb

That's definitely happened to me before. I've had it delete items from my queue before as well and I've had to search them out again. Strangely, though, all my issues have been with the 360 application. My PS3 Netflix works much better and has a more intuitive interface.

Like, bro, why the fuck do I have to actually start watching something in order to give it a rating or select a different episode? Is that a joke?

Yes! I totally agree. The PS3 interface is hands down the best I have ever used. And I have tried Netflix on a ton of different devices.

Interestingly, I hopped on Netflix on my TiVo today, and there was my queue in the order I was used to it being! Yet went back to the PS3 and the weird order was still there...it makes no sense that I am seeing 2 separate "queues" across devices. The one thing I did notice though, is the TiVo app had it listed as "Instant Queue" while the PS3 is now calling it "My List." So maybe that has something to do with it?

It pisses me off because I love the PS3 interface and that's the one I enjoy using. The TiVo one is similar, but it is all server side, so there is a delay when hitting play/pause/ff/rw/etc. But it is a pain to go searching for stuff I used to have a general idea where it was...I know, I know, first world problems XD

What are the best horror movies (like, will actually scare you) on Netflix? Almost everything out there is rated 3 stars or lower, which isn't very encouraging. I'm open to shows, but I've seen all of The Walking Dead and American Horror Story that's available.

American Horror Story is cool but I didn't think it was scary at all. I honestly can't think of any great horror films on Netflix save for The Thing. I'm anxious to see what people suggest.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What are the best horror movies (like, will actually scare you) on Netflix? Almost everything out there is rated 3 stars or lower, which isn't very encouraging. I'm open to shows, but I've seen all of The Walking Dead and American Horror Story that's available.

A quick list:

The Shrine
Pet Sematary
V/H/S (Watch stories 1, 3, and 5. Skip 2, and 4)
Insidious
Quarantine 2: Terminal

Haven't seen but heard good things:

Red State
The Hole
Hell
Snowtown (really gory apparently)
Stake Land
Santa Sangre
House of the Devil
Session 9

Definitely watch 'The Shrine' if you haven't before.

TCRS

Banned
Just watched the first episode of Lonesome Dove. Couldn't understand a word they were saying for the first half an hour, but then I gradually got used to it. Brilliant stuff with two top tier actors. The special effects loool.

jakncoke

Banned

Some that I liked that are on right now that hasnt been suggested yet

I spit on your grave (1978)
Rosemarys Baby
Slither
The Omen
Re-Animator
The Human Centipede
An Werewolf in London
Stigmata
Let the right one in
carrie (1976)

Top Bottom