• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Someone tell me what to watch on Netflix. There's too much to choose from and I just want something on I can half watch while I finish this last bit of my research dissertation.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Someone tell me what to watch on Netflix. There's too much to choose from and I just want something on I can half watch while I finish this last bit of my research dissertation.
Throw on a TED talk? Otherwise idk if you want something that isn't too distracting I would choose a nature documentary.

Actually, those TEDtalks sort of look interesting, so I'll keep those for another day. Thanks for that.

In the end I threw on a WWE Documentary. I was going to put Battle Royale on, but then I realised Subtitles, and it's suppose to be a somewhat 'thoughtful' movie.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Actually, those TEDtalks sort of look interesting, so I'll keep those for another day. Thanks for that.

In the end I threw on a WWE Documentary. I was going to put Battle Royale on, but then I realised Subtitles, and it's suppose to be a somewhat 'thoughtful' movie.

The Ted talks are expiring at the end of the month.

Added today:

9th Company (Drama, Foreign/Russian)
American Guns (TV, Reality)
Arena (Action, Thriller)
Cold Blood Season 5 (TV, Reality, Crime, Documentary)
Hounds (TV, Sitcom)
Jason Becker: Not Dead Yet (Documentary, Music)
The Man from Nowhere (Action, Thriller, Foreign/Korean)
Race 2 (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
Sick (Documentary)
Storage 24 (Sci-Fi, Horror)

The Man from Nowhere? I saw it on Netflix a while back. Guess they removed it and put it back up.

jakncoke

Banned
The Man from Nowhere? I saw it on Netflix a while back. Guess they removed it and put it back up.

I dont think it off very long. I wonder how their policy is on letting movies expire and how long they intend to let them be off and bringing them back. For instance Trailer Park Boys expired was brought back very quickly but only for a month, what kind of contract is that? lol

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I dont think it off very long. I wonder how their policy is on letting movies expire and how long they intend to let them be off and bringing them back. For instance Trailer Park Boys expired was brought back very quickly but only for a month, what kind of contract is that? lol

Anytime I see stuff like that, I always assume the content company is the one giving Netflix the hard time.

Anybody recommend good horror/supernatural thriller movies that might have popped up recently on Netflix? My wife and I like checking them out and I think we've exhausted all the ones that aren't complete shite.

Watched Pontypool, Lovely Molly and The Hole (2012) recently.

amrod

Add 'The Passion of the Christ' to the US list.

Some new UK stuff:

Saving Private Ryan
Arthur 3: The War of the Two Worlds
Jackass 3.5: The Unrated Movie
Rambo

Resident Evil: Extinction (Canada too)
Twin Dragons
Wild Hogs
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (Canada too)
Fear Dot Com

Sweden/Norway/Finland/Denmark:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Collateral

Twin Dragons
Wild Hogs
Boogeyman
Fear Dot Com

If there is enough demand, I will try to do UK/Canada newest streams on a semi-daily basis.

Keep it uP :D

Aiii

So not worth it
Watched Fat Kid Rules the World with some mates tonight, a funny low budget comedy about a suicidal fat kid (go figure) who is manipulated by a bum punk-rock kid into thinking they're forming a band together so he can freeload off of him. Turned out to be really funny and endearing at the same time. Very enjoyable, definitely worth checking out.

Jason Becker: Not Dead Yet was such a touching and heartbreaking commentary. Jason Becker is still one of my greatest inspirations on guitar. T_T

Jason Becker: Not Dead Yet was such a touching and heartbreaking commentary. Jason Becker is still one of my greatest inspirations on guitar. T_T

Anyone who is interested in guitar at all needs to see this. He was such a talented player to have it taken away so young. Cacophony has some killer work on it by him and Friedman.

8 Million Ways to Die was a fun ride (watched it on US Netflix, not sure if its available elsewhere). Great suspense thriller starring Jeff Bridges and Andy Garcia. Has a fantastic cover as well (the IMDB one, not the one they use on Netflix).

Highly recommended, ignore all the bad ratings.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Netflix has decided to make changes to its Application Programming Interface (API). These changes include eliminating the database (called the OData catalog) that Streaming Soon uses to inform you of new and upcoming content on Netflix. You can read more about it here.
Sadly, this means the end of the line for Streaming Soon, unless Netflix reactivates this database. If you would like to send an e-mail to Netflix about this, please direct it to publicapi@netflix.com
Thank you for your support over the years. It has been a pleasure enhancing your Netflix experience.

Sincerely,
Andrew K.
admin, Streaming Soon

This also explains why Instant Watcher took out their 'Coming Soon' section.

Everyone in this thread should email Netflix. This wouldn't be a big deal, if Netflix itself, provided users with what is coming to their service soon. Or even provided users with a section that actually reflected, what was being added to its service.

The biggest concern I have, is Netflix making another change down the line, rendering 'expiring', and 'just added' sections of other websites useless.

Edit- Just to clarify, the changes were announced a month ago, they have only recently taken into effect.

jakncoke

Banned
I told them they are basically morons and there was no reason to do this and asked them why they are hell bent on ruining theei service and asked them are they falling into market leader cycle where market leaders do a series of dumb shit no sense things to lose their perch

I told them they are basically morons and there was no reason to do this and asked them why they are hell bent on ruining theei service and asked them are they falling into market leader cycle where market leaders do a series of dumb shit no sense things to lose their perch

Where have you been? Netflix has been doing dumb shit no sense things for years now.

Everyone in this thread should email Netflix. This wouldn't be a big deal, if Netflix itself, provided users with what is coming to their service soon. Or even provided users with a section that actually reflected, what was being added to its service.

The biggest concern I have, is Netflix making another change down the line, rendering 'expiring', and 'just added' sections of other websites useless.

Edit- Just to clarify, the changes were announced a month ago, they have only recently taken into effect.

Well this sucks.
Everyone start emailing the fucks.

vazel

Banned
The sad thing is Netflix is free to do whatever they want just like how Twitter can fuck with their own API too. There just aren't any good alternatives. Amazon Prime still has years to go before it's as good as Netflix. Redbox streaming so far is really bad.

Enco

Makes no sense.

Why Netflix? Why?

The worst move will be when they block proxies. When that happens I'll consider cancelling.

In other news, Fringe is a lot darker than I was expecting...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The sad thing is Netflix is free to do whatever they want just like how Twitter can fuck with their own API too. There just aren't any good alternatives. Amazon Prime still has years to go before it's as good as Netflix. Redbox streaming so far is really bad.

Yup, being dominant can lead to stupid mistakes. I was happy when Amazon was doing their trail run for monthly Amazon Instant. I felt they were finally going to give Netflix a run for its money. Too bad they decided against it.

Makes no sense.

Why Netflix? Why?

The worst move will be when they block proxies. When that happens I'll consider cancelling.

In other news, Fringe is a lot darker than I was expecting...

Proxies have the double whammy of being something media companies can demand Netflix to block.

I could understand if they added their own coming soon section, but why leave everyone in the dark?

It makes zero sense. You can count on one hand the number of sites that use their API(in the US anyway).

In other news, Robotech, and Insidious are expiring on May 8th, and May 9th.

I watched Louis CK: Live at the Beacon Theater. Hilarious. It starts off slow, but it picks up, and is really funny. If you are a fan, you should definitely watch it.

Not knowing what is coming soon is ridiculous. It wouldn't be so bad if the Netflix interface for finding new stuff wasn't atrocious but, it is and this news sucks. I emailed them.

Getting hooked on Fringe, but I've learned not to be eating while watching the opening of each episode. I was trying to eat while watching the one episode where the lady gets pregnant and it goes all Alien on our asses. So gross.

Also, fuck Netflix for cutting off coming soon... everyone should send emails

Top Bottom