• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Finished Season 2 of Marco Polo. Good stuff. Early in the season there was a really dark and depressing scene, almost made me quit. The season as a whole is quite a bit darker than the first but still enjoyed it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Jia Zhangke, A Guy from Fenyang (Documentary, Biographical, Foreign)
Marguerite & Julien (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
Mountains May Depart (Drama, Foreign)
Road Games (Indie, Thriller)
Sworn Virgin (Drama, Foreign)

berzeli

Banned
Netflix Lands Chuck Lorre Pot Comedy Series ‘Disjointed’ Starring Kathy Bates
Netflix has made a 20-episode straight-to-series order for Disjointed, acquiring the pot-themed workplace comedy starring Kathy Bates from Warner Bros TV. CBS mainstay Chuck Lorre and former Daily Show head writer David Javerbaum are writing and executive producing the multi-camera series in which the American Horror Story veteran plays a lifelong advocate for legalization who’s finally living her dream as the owner of an L.A.-area cannabis dispensary.
Kathy Bates is terrific, even though the p(l)ot sounds... eh.

tomtom94

Can't really be bothered to dig into the full list, but Netflix seem to have had a good run at the Emmys again, albeit mostly with the same shows from last year (e.g. House of Cards, Bloodline, UKS).

OraleeWey

Anyone got some mini series recommendations that end in a season or 2? Something with a reasonable amount of action.

Also, how's season two of Between? I saw the first season wich wasn't that great. Is the second season better ?

Anyone got some mini series recommendations that end in a season or 2? Something with a reasonable amount of action.

Also, how's season two of Between? I saw the first season wich wasn't that great. Is the second season better ?

The Fall is two seasons long (so far) and it's fantastic.

Dalek

Has no one watched Marcella? It's pretty good-I'm a sucker for British crime dramas. It took 2 episodes to hook me and I'm recommending it. Anna Friel is the lead and I'm not crazy about her but the show overall is a really interesting murder mystery.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just watched The Invitation. Been wanting to watch it since I saw the trailer.

Slow burn but had me engrossed all the way up to the end. Tom Hardy was great
;)

Cade

Just watched The Invitation. Been wanting to watch it since I saw the trailer.

Slow burn but had me engrossed all the way up to the end. Tom Hardy was great
;)

I quite liked the acting in it and the general plot, but my favorite bit is the sting ending, I think.

Kira is too cute

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Good Rain Rains (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
After the Spill (Documentary, Science)
Colonia (Indie, Thriller, Foreign)
Convergence (Thriller, Supernatural)
Creators Season 1-2 (TV, Kids)
Darling (Indie, Thriller)
Ghostheads (Documentary, Who You Gonna Call?)
Gridlocked (Action)
Fighting (Drama)
Holidays (Horror, Comedy)
I, Anna (Thriller)
International Street Art (Misc)
Jellies (Misc)
Lusers (Comedy, Sports, Foreign)
Magi: Adventure of Sinbad Season 1 (TV, Anime)
Margarita, with a Straw (Indie, Romantic, LGBT)
Night Owls (Indie, Romantic, Comedy)
Ocean Wonders (Misc)
Opening Night (Indie, Comedy)
Rebirth (Thriller, Netflix Original)
Rudhramadevi (Action, foreign)
Sky Line (Documentary, Science)
Small is Beautiful (Documentary, Science)
Stranger Things Season 1 (TV, SciFi, Netflix Original)
The Adventures of Puss in Boots Season 3 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
The Lava Field Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Todd Margaret Season 3 (TV, Comedy)
Tony Robbins: I Am Not Your Guru (Documentary, Netflix Original)

RedAssedApe

Banned
I quite liked the acting in it and the general plot, but my favorite bit is the sting ending, I think.

Kira is too cute

Yep I did quite like the ending. Although I did read some grumbling from people not liking the third act. I thought the
cutaway to the Hollywood hills was a cool whoa moment.

Tangerine is brilliant.

It's a little new indie film about transgender prostitues and a cab driver. It's a very funny film that is very realistic and not overly sentimental. Just a great film with great funny characters.

Watch it.

Has no one watched Marcella? It's pretty good-I'm a sucker for British crime dramas. It took 2 episodes to hook me and I'm recommending it. Anna Friel is the lead and I'm not crazy about her but the show overall is a really interesting murder mystery.

Couldn't get past 20 minutes into episode 2 before I had to call it quits.

The whole show was boring me to pieces.

I finished Seven Deadly Sins, man what a great fucking anime. I needed that happy go lucky anime.

Stranger Things was incredible, almost done with Peaky Blinders and it too, is incredible.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you aren't watching Stranger Things, I don't know what you are doing with your life.

Just finished it, this is one of Netflix's best shows.

Yes, stranger things is the bomb. I'm up to episode 7 of 8 and only started watching last night.

I'll probably check out Rebirth then.

I feel like Netflix is killing it atm. There were a couple netflix originals I felt... lacked... but lately they've been great.

I wish they would revive futurama... and community. Futurama seems like a more likely scenario, but I'd be happy with either.

tomtom94

Netflix's partnership with Star Trek set to continue / expand:

Set phasers to Netflix – the streaming service will be the exclusive home of the new Star Trek TV series outside of the US.

Bryan Fuller's revamp of the sci-fi classic will be available on Netflix in 188 countries – including the UK.

[...]

Only last month, Netflix UK made the entire Star Trek TV back catalogue available to subscribers.

All of these episodes – from The Original Series to Enterprise – will also be made available on Netflix in all other territories by the end of 2016.

On which note, I've been watching Deep Space Nine and it's making me wish either Netflix or Amazon would pick up Babylon 5 for streaming. (It's also very good so far, comes recommended)

Thoroughly enjoyed The Invitation. I've loved the first 3 eps of Stranger Things too.

I saw that The Invitation in the 'just released' list. That's a movie right, horror i believe?

Agreed on Stranger Things. Seen the first three episodes as well. Really dig the retro intro and it's just really quite interesting. Winona Ryder plays the extremely
concerned mother very damn well, quite believeable. The way these young people get missing is quite something, it's dark for sure.

The nods to Spielberg are crystal clear as well and it seems to be about
MK Ultra
making it even more interesting.

Aiii

So not worth it
Getting both the new Trek and all the old Trek after losing the region unlocked pleases me greatly. Based Netflix.

Top Bottom