• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Zero315

Banned
Delete your account.

Oh come on. I liked the first season of UKS, but that second season was rough. The premise was already starting to wear thin by the end of the first season and the second didn't do much to change it up until towards the end. Also, none of the characters in CXG are walking stereotypes sooo yeah.

Gray Matter

Penny dreadful

What the fuck am I watching? I'm so lost, only 2 episodes, I know, but what the hell is this, I'm so confused, no idea what I'm watching really.

Hitta93

Banned
Is this good enough for 4K streaming?
5458435357.png

lordxar

Is this good enough for 4K streaming?
5458435357.png

No, I had a slightly better connection and it would stream Youtube 4k but would pixelate and lose signal here and there. Upped it to the next cable speed and it was night and day. Plus I got basic cable bundled in and saved a few bucks. Which basically offset the increase in Netflix cost to cover the 4 screen package you have to get for 4k. Daredevil looks amazing though.

Akahige

Penny dreadful

What the fuck am I watching? I'm so lost, only 2 episodes, I know, but what the hell is this, I'm so confused, no idea what I'm watching really.
Three in myself. I do not get the narrative of the show at all.

And fuck the dialogue totally wack.

Apparently everyone watches it for Eva Green, who is quite good in it.

Hitta93

Banned
Your better off watching 1080 if that's what your asking. 4k isn't worth it unless you have the data stream to back it up. It really does need every bit of that 25 meg sustained.

Pretty much. And I just been charged for 4K streaming for the month as well lol.

Thanks.

Aiii

So not worth it
No, I had a slightly better connection and it would stream Youtube 4k but would pixelate and lose signal here and there. Upped it to the next cable speed and it was night and day. Plus I got basic cable bundled in and saved a few bucks. Which basically offset the increase in Netflix cost to cover the 4 screen package you have to get for 4k. Daredevil looks amazing though.

Netflix 4K is a bit lower bitstream than most YouTube 4K, but they still advise a 25mbit steady connection: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Brahman Naman (Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)
El Chapulin Colorado (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
La Familia P. Luche Season 1-3 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
La Rosa de Guadalupe (TV, Drama, Foreign)
La Usurpadora (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Lo Que la Vida Me Robo Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Los Heroes de Norte Season 1-2 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Maria de Todos Los Angeles (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Maria la del Barrio (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
NSU German History X Season 1 (TV, Miniseries, Netflix Original)
Rubi (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Teresa (TV, Drama, Foreign)
The Armor of Light (Documentary, Political)
The Big Short (Drama)
Una Familia de Diez (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Vecinos Season 1-3 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)

So someone on gaf mentioned this ages ago and it came up on netflix, I haven't read the book but I made a mental note to watch it if it ever came up.

I didn't think something like this could be funny, I didn't think it could work, but wow the comedy portions were great but the insight of the film is how much of his shadow still looms today in the thoughts and minds of people. By the end of the film, it gives an idea of how history could repeat itself.

As an American it was doubly interesting and frightening from my perspective because of Trump, and his followers.

Well, boy that fucking heal turn into Real Hitler territory with the
grandmother, and the car scene. Holy fucking shit. Then the ending as the music slows down, and they insert shots of neo nazis and a bunch of(what I assume to be) modern day news clips.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Alpha and Omega: Dino Digs (Family)
Good Morning Call Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Mono (Comedy)
Mustang (Drama, Foreign)
Mystery Files Season 1 (TV, Documentary)
The Invitation (Indie, Horror, Thriller)
Word Party Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

I started watching Hibana: Spark and Good Morning Call. They both aren't bad for J-Drama/Comedy. Good Morning Call is good lighthearted fun, a well done manga-to-live-action take.

emag

Where's my queue (on iPhone)? How am I supposed to remember what I salvaged from Netflix's junkyard of programming?

Also, Sunny's gone. I was still rewatching that. Guess I can go back to Arrested Development yet again as my background/filler show. :/

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I saw The Invitation last night.

It is really boring and slow. It picks up about 30 minutes when it is about to finish. Not worth sitting there for an hour.

Gaf hypes up another movie that falls flat on it's face (not by anyone in this thread, another thread).

Xater

It is really boring and slow. It picks up about 30 minutes when it is about to finish. Not worth sitting there for an hour.

Gaf hypes up another movie that falls flat on it's face (not by anyone in this thread, another thread).

It's not just GAF that hyped that film up though. I am shocked how many fellow critics love Jed that film so much. I asksk thought it was mostly boring and obvious where it was going early on.

Just watched Going Clear (Netflix Germany) and that was a great documentary. Glad it lived up to the reputation.

Karu

Nah. Film is great. Direction and atmosphere building rather strong, tension also great. A little bit of a pacing issue with its twists, but still easily above average in the genre.

Is it hype if those who watched genuinely enjoyed it? It just means you didn't like it, not that it was overhyped.

Just watched The Invitation and I really liked it. I enjoy those types of slow foreboding movies. It got a little less interesting once it revealed itself but overall, it's a pretty good movie.

Did I reccomend Er Ist Wieder Da?

I didn't? OH NO I DID. Well, I am mentioning it again because it was so goddang good and thought provoking.

I also really loved Beasts of No Nation, another great thing from Cary Fukunaga.

For fans of war documentaries I really recommend Restrepo if you have the guts, it is pretty fucking heart breaking.

Did I reccomend Er Ist Wieder Da?

I didn't? OH NO I DID. Well, I am mentioning it again because it was so goddang good and thought provoking.

I also really loved Beasts of No Nation, another great thing from Cary Fukunaga.

For fans of war documentaries I really recommend Restrepo if you have the guts, it is pretty fucking heart breaking.
Restrepo's one of my favorite documentaries. It's so raw and there's that one gut-punch of a moment.

Watched The Hunter last night. Very slow. Somewhat boring. 3/5 for the cinematography. It did pique my interest regarding Tasmanian tigers enough to check out a few articles.

Started watching Happyish, probably one of the angriest shows I've seen in a while. I hope eventually they give a reasonable counterargument against the show'a oppressive contempt, otherwise it may just end up as a bunch of hot air.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Mateo (Documentary, Biographical)
Summer of '92 (Comedy, Foreign)
The Last Kingdom Season 1 (TV, Drama)

On episode eight of Happyish, this show is never gonna grow up huh. Having James Dean narrate an episode feels like Fight Club levels of subversiveness...in 2015.

Watching it purely for Kathryn Hahn at this point.

Top Bottom