• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Decent month. I'll add a few of those. I like that Disney's partnership with Netflix is driving some of their recent stuff to the service. The Jungle Book at the end of Nov and the new Alice in January. Stuff I didn't go the theatre to see but might stream.

Cap America this month too.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

12 Dog Days Till Christmas (Family)
A Christmas Kiss II (Romantic, Drama)
An Immortal Classic Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
At All Costs (Documentary, Sports)
Back to Christmas (Romantic, Drama)
Backstage Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Cannabis Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama, Netflix Original)
Christmas Belle (Romantic, Drama)
Christmas in the Smokies (Romantic, Drama)
Color of Woman Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Emily & Tim (Indie, Drama)
Famous in Ahmedabad (Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Goodbye My Wife Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Happy And Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Heaven's Garden Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Holiday Breakup (Romantic, Comedy)
Honeymoon (Thriller, Foreign)
Humsafar Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Ice Fantasy Season 1 (TV, Fantasy, Foreign)
K-Pop Extreme Survival Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Minimalism: A Story About the Important Things (Documentary, Cultural)
Miss Panda & Mr. Hedgehog Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
My Dad is Scrooge (Family)
My Santa (Romantic, Drama)
Sadqay Tumhare Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Sandstorm (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Savannah Sunrise (Family)
The Christmas Project (Family)
The Churchmen Season 1-3 (TV, Drama)
The End of Malice (Documentary, Music)
The Moaning of Life Season 1-2 (TV, Documentary, Travel)
The Seventh Fire (Documentary, Crime)
The Woodsman (Indie, Drama)
This is the Life (Documentary, Music)
Versailles Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Zindagi Gulzar Hai Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Zoom (Indie, Comedy)

after seeing it on Netflix all the time i finally watched Colony... i like it. Lori from The Walking Dead is on it and still annoys the living shit out of me but other then that its right up my ally

SummitAve

Banned
Decent month. I'll add a few of those. I like that Disney's partnership with Netflix is driving some of their recent stuff to the service. The Jungle Book at the end of Nov and the new Alice in January. Stuff I didn't go the theatre to see but might stream.

I got around to watching The Jungle Book, and it was another level of suck I wasn't prepared for. I remember people being pretty high on it too, and I couldn't have thought less of it. The child actor was brutal throughout especially amidst all the expressionless CG animal voice boxes. It all just seemed unnecessarily bad.

LeonSPBR

Watching White Rabbit, seems fun, just started the first episode, but I don't feel the Mythbusters vibe at all.

Is this new netflix thing Dirk Gently's any good??

I got around to watching The Jungle Book, and it was another level of suck I wasn't prepared for. I remember people being pretty high on it too, and I couldn't have thought less of it. The child actor was brutal throughout especially amidst all the expressionless CG animal voice boxes. It all just seemed unnecessarily bad.

Ouch. I haven't watched it yet.

Netflix is such a fantastic service. I just watched The Jungle Book for the first time the other day and damn I was not prepared for how magnificent it was. The color, the beauty, the emotion. Disney proves that they're ain't one to fuck with.

I also started watching Celia. It's about this girl becoming a singer in Cuba. It's based on a real life person actually. I'm so moved by it and it sucks to feel like I'm the only one who cares about it. Mentioned it in a couple other threads and no reply, but I want to talk about it with someone. IT'S SO GOOD!

You should, Madoka Magica is really fantastic. Pretty sure they have all of the movies up on Netflix at the moment as well.
Moribito is also worth checking out if you liked Kenshin. Sort of similar premise but the art is gorgeous.

I've been watching moribito and I am pretty far in. I gotta say I liked the first couple episodes. The middle was pretty decent. But the story is just a little too unexciting. There seems to be a lot to the world that just isn't being touched on.

Does netflix have the full series?

edit:Oh wow it expired like 24 hours ago... oh well...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Barry (Drama, Thanks Obama, Netflix Original)
Call Me Francis Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Crazyhead Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Horror, Netflix Original)
Head On (Indie, Drama, LGBT)
No Second Chance Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Sensitive Skin Season 2 (TV, Comedy)
Sister Cities (Drama)
The Adventures of Puss in Boots Season 4 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
The Interview (Thriller)
The Last Days of Chez Nous (Drama)
The OA (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Theo Who Lived (Documentary, Bio)
Winter of Our Dreams (Drama)

kuppy

It's quite off topic but I'm way too happy about this.
Seinfeld is now on the German Amazon Prime Video, in English! Actually the UK just got it, too. As appear to have all of the newly added Amazon Prime Video countries, which seems to be the reasoning behind this.

So yeah. If you are mad about the fact that Hulu has the exclusive rights over in the US. Maybe give Amazon Prime Video UK or Germany a try (e.g. download the app through a specific PSN account). They have a free trial month so you only have to pay for a proxy or you end up doing a bunch of trials of that as well.

In Netflix related topics.
Recently watched The Killing, which I liked. The first season was especially great. Very much appreciated that this adaption stuck with the tone and mood of the original, a nice change of pace for an American series. Way to end up making a very unusual, promising character ultimately one note by the end of it. Kind of a bummer as you watch more and more of it.

Now watching Californication. There sure is a lot of sex in this, huh? It's interesting though, characters are quite flat and the fact that everyone is into openly talking about sex is something that would have turned me away a couple of years ago. Now I feel like that represents less bad writing (although that still is existing -
jesus, way to make a joke out of Marcy actually being raped
) and more just one perspective that the writers chose to set this in. It being less of a representation and more of an interpretation.
Anyway, I didn't know I could love David Duchovny so much. Still perplexed that I totally see him as Hank in this and not at all as Fox Mulder. Let's hope this Showtime series didn't get too bad in its later seasons, hah.

Finally started watching the crown and holy shit at the soundtrack. I legitimately think that is half my enjoyment of the show. Netflix has been amazing this year.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

A Christmas Special: Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir (Family)
Borderline Season 1 (TV, Comedy)
Call My Agent Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Daemonium (SciFi, Action, Foreign)
Disorder (Thriller, Foreign)
El Cumple de la Abuela (Comedy, Foreign)
Friday Night Tykes Season 3 (TV, Documentary, Sports)
Gabriel Iglesias: I'm Sorry for What I Said When I Was Hungry (Standup, Netflix Original)
God Grew Tired of Us (Documentary, Social)
Hannah: Buddhism's Untold Journey (Documentary, Faith)
Miss Stevens (Indie, Drama)
Naked Among Wolves (Drama, Foreign)
The Break Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama, Netflix Original)
Total Frat Movie (Comedy)

tomtom94

I've as yet been unable to find a full list for the UK January 2017. The bad news is while not much is leaving at the moment, it does include some good stuff (Firefly, some of the more popular animes, House). And I suspect more will be announced closer to the New Year...

Good news is Hunt for the Wilderpeople goes up at some point according to the new Radio Times, and I've seen Under the Shadow listed somewhere too.

As you can tell from my avatar I'm a bit biased but The Moaning of Life is exceptional. Loving it. I also love that it's like 15 years on now from Karl's XFM days and he's STILL battling with his boiler.

IISANDERII

I'm not in this thread much nor is it often I rate 5 stars on my Netflix so I just had to pop in and recommend this Argentine film Wild Tales.

WildTales_WB.jpg

Not one long film but rather it's 6 short films with one common theme: Revenge. It's mostly a dark comedy and it had us bursting out laughing sometimes, melancholy in others and much in between. Filled with twists and turns, it keeps you guessing.

My girlfriend and I were browsing Netflix and just thought we'd watch a bit then find something else but the first story had us hooked and we watched them all. The first story is only 5min, give it a try.

Oh and it has the best wedding/post wedding scene ever filmed.

sdijoseph

This is slightly off-topic, but I have a question: Can anyone think of a good solution to stream Netflix, HBO GO, and Amazon Prime video to a computer monitor that accepts only DVI input (from a device such as a Roku/ChromeCast)? I ask this because streaming HBO GO directly from a PC has pretty poor streaming quality.

As you can tell from my avatar I'm a bit biased but The Moaning of Life is exceptional. Loving it. I also love that it's like 15 years on now from Karl's XFM days and he's STILL battling with his boiler.

I started watching this show a few days ago. I LOVE An Idiot Abroad, but it almost feels like Karl is playing a character in this show. He feels much more self-aware. Also, the Art episode was terrible.

zeemumu

Added today:

12 Dog Days Till Christmas (Family)
A Christmas Kiss II (Romantic, Drama)
An Immortal Classic Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
At All Costs (Documentary, Sports)
Back to Christmas (Romantic, Drama)
Backstage Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Cannabis Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama, Netflix Original)
Christmas Belle (Romantic, Drama)
Christmas in the Smokies (Romantic, Drama)
Color of Woman Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Emily & Tim (Indie, Drama)
Famous in Ahmedabad (Documentary, Social, Foreign)
Goodbye My Wife Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Happy And Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Heaven's Garden Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Holiday Breakup (Romantic, Comedy)
Honeymoon (Thriller, Foreign)
Humsafar Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Ice Fantasy Season 1 (TV, Fantasy, Foreign)
K-Pop Extreme Survival Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Minimalism: A Story About the Important Things (Documentary, Cultural)
Miss Panda & Mr. Hedgehog Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
My Dad is Scrooge (Family)
My Santa (Romantic, Drama)
Sadqay Tumhare Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Sandstorm (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Savannah Sunrise (Family)
The Christmas Project (Family)
The Churchmen Season 1-3 (TV, Drama)
The End of Malice (Documentary, Music)
The Moaning of Life Season 1-2 (TV, Documentary, Travel)
The Seventh Fire (Documentary, Crime)
The Woodsman (Indie, Drama)
This is the Life (Documentary, Music)
Versailles Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Zindagi Gulzar Hai Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Zoom (Indie, Comedy)

Zoom as in the Tim Allen movie where he's the flash.

Bates motel...YES!!!

I always forget about it unit the latest season hits be Netflix lol

Did this get good? I dropped it because it got too far away from the main Psycho plot

I miss putting on episodes of Doctor who while I played WoW

If you enjoyed the next level animation in Moana, The Jungle Book will also blow you away. The story may be familiar to many, but what the Disney animators are doing these days is insane. Uncanny valley / 5.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Back in the Day (Drama, Sports)
Don't Blame the Kid (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Figures of Speech (Documentary)
I.T. (Thriller)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

7:19 (Drama, Foreign)
Boys Over Flowers Vol 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Garfunkel and Oates: Trying to be Special (Standup)
Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World (Documentary, Social)
Sense 8 Season 2 *Only Two Episodes* (TV, SciFi, Netflix Original)
Travelers Season 1 (TV, SciFi, Netflix Original)
Trollhunters Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Merry Christmas, Netflix-gaf.

Added today:

Captain America: Civil War (Action, Team Ironman)
Downfall (Drama, Foreign)
Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me (Documentary, Bio)
When Hari Got Married (Documentary, Social, Foreign)

Looking forward to watching Downfall.

RedAssedApe

Banned
In Taiwan and the movie selection is so much better. 😭 Not to mention they seem to have license to air current seasons of some shows. Saw shows like designated survivor on there.

Terrace house Hawaii coming at the end of the january! Hurry 2017

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Chasing Cameron Season 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
Ezel Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Kacak Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Karadayi Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Kurt Seyit & Sura Season 1 (TV, Romantic, Drama)
Legends Season 2 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Mahmut & Meryem Season 1 (TV, Drama)
News from Planet Mars (Comedy, Foreign)
The Magicians Season 1 (TV, SciFi)

Top Bottom