• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

jakncoke

Banned
Just a reminder, expiring May 22nd:

• Kenny vs. Spenny

Kenny has uploaded like all the episodes to Youtube or at least someone pretending to be him

Seems to be a lot more expiring than adds lately.

Well to be fair a lot had to to with WB and taking their ball and going home even if their service going to fail. But yeah I would like Netflix to secure some good content again :/

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So I'm browsing the Canadian stream...it is insane the amount of (good/great) movies they have.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Has anyone tried the Hola unblocker? It's free and apparently does work, but I can't figure out if it's only useful to people outside the US.

I want to be able to access Netflix Canada, but there doesn't seem to be a way. Going to the Canadian site just redirects me back to the US page...

[edit] Tried MediaHint now too, and same result. Can't access anything different. >:|

GeeDuhb

OMG The Dictator is now on Netflix?!?! Excuse my excitement and maybe the movie sucks, but I have been wanting to see it since it hit theaters and never did lol. I had no clue it was coming, and still don't see any mention of it online or on instant watcher yet, but I just got an email from Netflix about it! *runs to watch*

cluto

Has anyone tried the Hola unblocker? It's free and apparently does work, but I can't figure out if it's only useful to people outside the US.

I want to be able to access Netflix Canada, but there doesn't seem to be a way. Going to the Canadian site just redirects me back to the US page...

[edit] Tried MediaHint now too, and same result. Can't access anything different. >:|

I'm in the US as well and I couldn't figure out how to get either of those to work.

Hilti92

I recommend if you have the American Netflix to watch the show 30 Days by Morgan Spurlock. In the first season, watch the Gay one. It places a man who was totally against gay people into the biggest gay city in America, Castro, San Francisco.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Yay!

G5QSYcM.png

RedAssedApe

Banned
OMG The Dictator is now on Netflix?!?! Excuse my excitement and maybe the movie sucks, but I have been wanting to see it since it hit theaters and never did lol. I had no clue it was coming, and still don't see any mention of it online or on instant watcher yet, but I just got an email from Netflix about it! *runs to watch*

how does it compare to borat and bruno? liked those two but i could see how the schtick might get old.

smr00

Banned
So I'm browsing the Canadian stream...it is insane the amount of (good/great) movies they have.
If i could find a free way to access canada netflix from my US account i would be all over canada netflix. But im not paying an additional $5-6+ just to be able to do that.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
It's terrible, worse than Bruno.
Damn. A friend of mine who loves Borat saw it and said it wasn't that good either. I liked Borat, didn't like Bruno and really don't care at all for Ally G. In fact, Borat, imo, has been the only funny persona Cohen has done.

Ocaso

Stranded: I've Come From a Plane That Crashed in the Mountains (yeah, not exactly a name that rolls off the tongue) is leaving Netflix in a few days. It's an immensely moving and powerful documentary about the Chilean rugby team that crashed in the Andes told through interviews with the survivors. I recommended it before and I highly urge anyone with even a passing interest in the tale to watch it before it's gone. Well worth the time.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I have loved almost everything SBC has done (Ali G is one of the best shows ever), but I did not enjoy The Dictator. It just wasn't funny at all.

PS3 App has some super huge mid-episode buffers going on lately. Seems to hang at 25% for a minute or two, before suddenly jumping to 99% then complete.

Watched Perfect Getaway and I don't usually do this with movies but regarding the ending.

Called the "twist" within 10 minutes of the start. Super predictable.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Are these all C-class movies or is there something everyone should have seen?

I'm going to watch The Dictator tonight.

Mostly older flicks. From 1960 and below. But this thread is for all kinds of tastes, so I can't exclude them.

Where's the best place to find out about future releases on Uk Netflix?

Nowhere. Netflix put an end to that sort of stuff.

FYC

Banned
I loved God Bless America. It's not for everyone, though.

Would really like to see Falling Down on Netflix.

sol_bad

Can anyone explain something to me please?

I have ADSL2+ in Australia, I went to http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ to test my internet speed, I get 3.94Mbps.

When watching a TV show Netflix, I use ctrl+alt+shift+S and change the bit rate to 3000. When I do this the video takes forever to buffer and in a 45 minute show will stop to do this about 3 times, roughly 5 minutes buffer time every time it does it.

I thought with the above speed results my connection would be fast enough for the highest quality. Should I be having troubles running shows at the highest bit rate? Can anyone think of what could be casing this?

Thanks in advance.

PS3 App has some super huge mid-episode buffers going on lately. Seems to hang at 25% for a minute or two, before suddenly jumping to 99% then complete.

Yeah, I'm seeing that as well. I also occasionally get the "cannot play this at this time, please try again." After starting the movie back up a 2nd time it works. I tried the re-login trick (hold select+start on launch) and it didn't do anything to fix the issues.

Enco

I saw House at The End of The Street and it was a completely average horror film.

I didn't see the twist coming but it's still completely mediocre. Jennifer Lawrence is hot though.

I saw House at The End of The Street and it was a completely average horror film.

I didn't see the twist coming but it's still completely mediocre. Jennifer Lawrence is hot though.

That's a fair review of it. It's not spectacular but, she is definitely very easy on the eyes.

Saw "the naked city" the other day and damn was that a film with amazing cinematography. They really captured NYC during the scenes where they just show the city. I've been on a old 40's NYC kick lately anyone know some other movies like that?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Leaving Las Vegas (Drama)
Peep World (Comedy)
Push Girls (TV, Reality)
Tonight You're Mine (Romantic)
Unconditional (Drama)

Canada:

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Season 2 (TV, Kids, Cartoons)

UK/Ireland:

Eight Below (Adventure, Family)
The Sword in the Stone (Family)
Doctor Who: The Movie (Action, SciFi)
The Emperor's New Groove (Animated, Family)

Mexico/Brazil:

I Am Legend (Action, SciFi, Thriller)
Toy Soldiers (Action, Thriller)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looking for a cheesy 80's horror movie ASAP. Just watched The Stuff, loved the music. Something in that style. Thanks!

I'm way late but I'd like to recommend Night of the Comet. That movie was shockingly awesome, I loved the Stuff and I loved Night of the Comet.

Top Bottom