• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Tek

ugh...netflix been pissing me off the last few days. can't seem to get anything more than a 1 bar stream on my xbox 360. :\

This is me constantly and I have 20mbps service so I know its not my internet. Seems like it only affects the Xbox because my Roku box in the bedroom has better quality.

I saw House at The End of The Street and it was a completely average horror film.

I didn't see the twist coming but it's still completely mediocre. Jennifer Lawrence is hot though.

Agreed. Also while on the horror thing...watched "the caller" not great but still a good watch

Jimothy

PNmwNbI.jpg

Watched this yesterday night. Really fascinating documentary about semi-recognizable character actors in Hollywood. You'll love it if you have even a minute interest in film/tv.

jakncoke

Banned
Added today:

Leaving Las Vegas (Drama)
Peep World (Comedy)
Push Girls (TV, Reality)
Tonight You're Mine (Romantic)
Unconditional (Drama)

Canada:

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Season 2 (TV, Kids, Cartoons)

UK/Ireland:

Eight Below (Adventure, Family)
The Sword in the Stone (Family)
Doctor Who: The Movie (Action, SciFi)
The Emperor's New Groove (Animated, Family)

Mexico/Brazil:

I Am Legend (Action, SciFi, Thriller)
Toy Soldiers (Action, Thriller)

Nice!

Raxus

I just signed up today.

Recommend me a good:

1. TV Show
2. Documentary
3. Drama
4. Foreign Film (English subtitles of course)
5. Sci-Fi Film
6. Martial Arts Film

I will say some picks will be easier than others so they don't all have to be obscure! I'll let you know what I have seen and post my impressions when I get around to watching them.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just signed up today.

Recommend me a good:

I will say some picks will be easier than others so they don't all have to be obscure! I'll let you know what I have seen and post my impressions when I get around to watching them.

1. TV Show: Breaking Bad
2. Documentary: Bully
3. Drama: Man on the Moon
4. Foreign Film (English subtitles of course): IP Man
5. Sci-Fi Film: Re-Animator

IP Man is also a Martial Arts movie, so there.

Empty

I just signed up today.

Recommend me a good:

1. TV Show
2. Documentary
3. Drama
5. Sci-Fi Film
6. Martial Arts Film

1. freaks and geeks - dramedy about two groups trying to find themselves in eighties high school. funny and touching and unlike most high school stuff feels genuine.
2. jiro dreams of sushi - about the life of a man who lives a life only to cook the very best sushi. very interesting look at what makes people tick.
3. into the wild - story of a guy who leaves his regular life to wander across america
4. y tu mama tambien - road trip film about two teenage friends and an older woman by children of men director alfonso cuaron
5. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - two people use use new technology to remove eachother from their memories after their relationship goes sour. very imaginative visually.
6. 13 assassins - 13 samurai fight a very amusing villainous lord. final battle scene is like 45 mins long and incredibly epic

glow

Banned
I just signed up today.

Recommend me a good:

1. TV Show
2. Documentary
3. Drama
5. Sci-Fi Film
6. Martial Arts Film

1. Spaced
2. Ram Dass: Fierce Grace
3. The Rules of Attraction
4. Bedevilled
5. Beyond the Black Rainbow
6. Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

TheWraith

Just signed up as well, loving the huge selection but is there a reason all anime is eng dub only? That really sucks, tried watching Trigun but man, so weird and awkward.

Aiii

So not worth it
Watched the Highlander TV show last night, not sure if if I can stomach sitting through early 90s TV production. Is it worth the effort?

I liked the show back in the day, but it was never amazing. I don't think I would watch it now if I'm honest.

haikira

I just signed up today.

Recommend me a good:

1. TV Show
2. Documentary
3. Drama
5. Sci-Fi Film
6. Martial Arts Film

May have slightly cheated. 4-6 are all subtitled, but strongly recommended.

1. Breaking Bad Essential television viewing and it's in one of my favorite shows, along with the wire.

2. Ken Burns: The Civil War I've had a bunch of documentaries bookmarked for a while, including side by side and Jiro Dreams of Sushi. To my shame, I never get around to them. But I've been enjoying this Ken Burns series.

3. Brick Very stylized neo-noir film. Maybe not everyones cup of tea, but i'd always recommend people give it a go anyway.

4. The Twilight Samurai Absoultely fantastic drama about the life of a low ranking samurai and his family. It's a film about samurai, but isn't what i'd refer to as a samurai film. It's definitely worthy of the praise, in my opinion.

5. The Host A film by one of my favorite directors and starring one of my favorite actors. If netflix had Memories of Murder, a film with the same duo, i'd have picked that for foreign and probably written a bunch of paragraphs about it.

The Host mixes genres and is a drama, dark comedy, sci fi and monster film. It's exciting, heartfelt and a clever social commentary.

6. IP Man Watched this with some friends last year and it's a blast.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
1. TV Show: Breaking Bad
2. Documentary: Bully
3. Drama: Man on the Moon
4. Foreign Film (English subtitles of course): IP Man
5. Sci-Fi Film: Re-Animator

IP Man is also a Martial Arts movie, so there.

I saw re-animator with some friends at the weekend and we had a blast. What an awesomely cheesy movie. The whole thing with the head and the girl was hilarious. Funniest rapey scene ever.

Masterphoenix

Neo Member
I'm currently watching Supernatural. I've watched
Star Trek:TNG
Scrubs
Psych
Always Sunny
HIMYM
Workaholics (wish they'd get more episodes)
I pretty much cycle between these over and over again. Not sure what else to watch

BFIB

I'm currently watching Supernatural. I've watched
Star Trek:TNG
Scrubs
Psych
Always Sunny
HIMYM
Workaholics (wish they'd get more episodes)
I pretty much cycle between these over and over again. Not sure what else to watch

Arrested Development
Parks and Recreation
Battlestar Galactica
Mad Men
Breaking Bad

tj hazuki

I'm watching The Finder right now...it's not a spy series, it's about a guy who finds missing items/people, but it's set in the Florida keys and has a light, fun, Florida sunshine vibe to it.

Kinda sounds like Burn Notice when Michael & the gang find missing stuff and people sometimes.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Instantwatcher says Limitless was recently queued and is available but I'm going to Netflix and it's showing it's not. Maybe only outside the U.S.?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Added today:

Leaving Las Vegas (Drama)
Peep World (Comedy)
Push Girls (TV, Reality)
Tonight You're Mine (Romantic)
Unconditional (Drama)

Canada:

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Season 2 (TV, Kids, Cartoons)

UK/Ireland:

Eight Below (Adventure, Family)
The Sword in the Stone (Family)
Doctor Who: The Movie (Action, SciFi)
The Emperor's New Groove (Animated, Family)

Mexico/Brazil:

I Am Legend (Action, SciFi, Thriller)
Toy Soldiers (Action, Thriller)

Holy crap! That was one of the saddest, and best movies I ever saw. Nicoles Cage was the shit. If you want a movie to help you stop drinking this is it.

PNmwNbI.jpg

Watched this yesterday night. Really fascinating documentary about semi-recognizable character actors in Hollywood. You'll love it if you have even a minute interest in film/tv.

Good, but my Wife pointed out that there was no female actors in the documentary, which sort of ruined it!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just watched Paranorman and it was really really good. Beautiful animation with a great art style, really funny and had some cool twists along the way. I didn't see much talk of this when it came out, but I'd say it's one of the best kids CG films I've ever seen. It was Tangled-level unexpected awesome.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just watched Paranorman and it was really really good. Beautiful animation with a great art style, really funny and had some cool twists along the way. I didn't see much talk of this when it came out, but I'd say it's one of the best kids CG films I've ever seen. It was Tangled-level unexpected awesome.

I was blown away by the animation. It was top notch stuff. Great film with lots of charm.

abundant

Just finished the first 2 seasons of Teen Wolf and it's not bad. Kind of reminds me of Buffy - A group of teens deal with supernatural threats while also trying to balance a social life and high school. It has some humor, although not as much as Buffy.

Anyone who liked Buffy, Angel, or The Vampire Diaries should check this out.

Uwe Ball's 'Postal' wasn't as terrible as I had been led to believe. Certainly not trying to suggest it's amazing, but the off kilter humour and satire had it's moments.

End of Watch (2012) was a damn good cop movie. The chemistry between Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña was incredible. Great dialogue. Can't recommend this one enough.

Top Bottom