• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

obin_gam

Damn, I've been wanting to see that movie.

Man, we get crap in the U.S. Last good movie added was Cabin in the Woods a month ago. You guys are getting good stuff.

But you guys get like 500% more content than us so it evens out :p The total amount of films/series we have on there equals the amount of content of 1 category of the your netflix.

abundant

The content exclusivity deals and studio issues probably aren't as big of a strain on other regions.

Exactly. In America, Netflix has to compete against HBO, STARZ, and Cinemax for movie rights. Any movie debuting on any of those channels will never be on Netflix and vice versa.

So no Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spiderman, Ted, MIB 3, etc. for Netflix USA.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
But you guys get like 500% more content than us so it evens out :p The total amount of films/series we have on there equals the amount of content of 1 category of the your netflix.
True I suppose. It's just a good deal of that 500% is crap, at least for me.

I really need monies to start going out to movies again, so I don't have to miss all this stuff. Still haven't seen the much wanting to see Star Trek.

mackaveli

How do you keep netflix in (Chrome) in full screen mode on a second monitor?

I just got a 2nd monitor and put netflix in chrome on it and go full screen.

When I click away it exits full screen mode.

How do I keep full screen mode?

I am on windows 7.

Thank you.

Oh I live in Canada by the way. No idea if that does anything for settings, etc.

Empty

Lucky UK and Ireland (assuming you like the show).

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57...am-the-killing-episodes-a-day-after-they-air/

Miss the glory days of Netflix in the US when they used to do this for shows like Spartacus, Party Down, Legend of the Seeker, etc.

that's really really cool. i wonder if it's possible for them to spread that idea to more than just the killing usa, which i'm not sure if i care about catching up on based on how people talk about it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Angels of Sex (Indie, Drama)
The Fall (TV, Crime, Drama, UK)
Generation Um... (Indie, Drama)
How to Grow a Band (Documentary, Biographical)
How to Die in Oregon (Documentary, Social)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You have got to be shitting me, Netflix:

Starting today, we will no longer provide expiration dates for any of our titles in the public API. We will continue to publish the field to the REST API and the catalog index file to minimize the likelihood of breaking applications that use it, although all titles will now have "1/1/2100" as the date value.

We are making this change because the expiration date can be inaccurate as a result of frequent, often last minute, changes in content flow.

Netflix members will still be able to see the listed title expirations on Netflix.com on each individual title page.

This is from two weeks ago. I'm just seeing it now. Fucking blows.

amrod

How do you keep netflix in (Chrome) in full screen mode on a second monitor?

I just got a 2nd monitor and put netflix in chrome on it and go full screen.

When I click away it exits full screen mode.

How do I keep full screen mode?

I am on windows 7.

Thank you.

Oh I live in Canada by the way. No idea if that does anything for settings, etc.

Try hitting f11 on Chrome

C4Lukins

Another interesting thread moved to Community. I guess we need more threads like "Eating the ass out of a Transgender shark..." Only new information on the topic, because a constant debate is dull, and each time Transgender sharks are further explored, it needs a new thread. We want to keep the flow going.

Kaladin

Another interesting thread moved to Community. I guess we need more threads like "Eating the ass out of a Transgender shark..." Only new information on the topic, because a constant debate is dull, and each time Transgender sharks are further explored, it needs a new thread. We want to keep the flow going.

I was wondering why this thread died down. Use subscriptions people.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Yup, it sucks.

I was wondering why this thread died down. Use subscriptions people.

The problem is new people coming across this thread.

Anyway, nothing on the US front today. Canada added Goosebumps, and The Magic School Bus.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The site will probably have more new members signing up than ever in the very near future (who knows if/when they'll be approved), thanks to the GameTrailers thingy, so for a lot of people, maybe browsing four forums won't seem so foreign like it does to all of us that have been here longer than a year. They won't miss out, at least. Everyone else (especially those who don't use subscriptions) will, though.

This Copper show was pretty good.

2428659.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I know it's been said a hundred times already but House of Cards is fucking brilliant. If you find yourself with an hour or two this weekend and don't know what to watch, do yourself a favor and put it on.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Can't remember if I posted about this already but I saw Special last weekend and it was really good. It managed to be funny, mysterious and then really sad, all at once. Really well done little film.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Heads up, Canadian stream got Homeland today. I have been wanting to check it out since I have heard all the praise for it. Only season one is up though.

Added today:

Goosebumps (TV, Kids)
I Spy (TV, Kids)
The Magic Schoolbus (TV, Kids, Cartoons)
Sammy's Story Shop (TV, Kids)
Turbo Dogs (TV, Kids)

I watched the first episode of the fifth season of Doctor Who and the transfer is really bad. I can only surmise that Netflix used a bad deinterlacing algorithm or none at all. Also there is some nasty compression at times.

strafer

Heads up, Canadian stream got Homeland today. I have been wanting to check it out since I have heard all the praise for it. Only season one is up though.

Added today:

Goosebumps (TV, Kids)
I Spy (TV, Kids)
The Magic Schoolbus (TV, Kids, Cartoons)
Sammy's Story Shop (TV, Kids)
Turbo Dogs (TV, Kids)

:O

Just a heads up, you can access the US netflix from your PC/laptop using the media hint plug in for Chrome or Firefox.

Works great. I'm currently watching Bill Burr: You people are all the same.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

4 Assassins (Crime, Thriller, Foreign)
Apocalypse Now (Drama, War)
Apocalypse Now Redux (Drama, War)
Bedazzled (Classic, Romantic, Comedy, UK)
Chasing Ice (Documentary)
The Colombian Connection (Action, Drama)
Disney Animation Collection Vol 1-4 (Animated, Family)
Escape from L.A. (Action, SciFi, Cult)
An Extremely Goofy Movie (Animated, Family)
The Fox and the Hound 2 (Animated, Family)
Friday the 13th Part 3-8 (Horror, Slasher)
Hercules (Animated, Family)
The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Story (Family)
The People That Time Forgot (SciFi, Cult)
Planet of the Apes ('68, Action, SciFi)
Platoon (Drama, Action, War)
The Score (Action, Thriller)
Super Troopers (Comedy)
Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (Action, Adventure)

I just subscribed to netflix. Came here hoping to see some recommendations. Looks like mostly there is just posts on what films have been added/removed.

Well I watched two films last night. The first one was Get the Gringo. I thought it was really entertaining. But I'm a fan of Mel Gibson. He's pretty badass in the film.

The second film I watched was another one set in Mexico: El Enfierno. I didn't like it.

jakncoke

Banned
I just subscribed to netflix. Came here hoping to see some recommendations. Looks like mostly there is just posts on what films have been added/removed.

Well I watched two films last night. The first one was Get the Gringo. I thought it was really entertaining. But I'm a fan of Mel Gibson. He's pretty badass in the film.

The second film I watched was another one set in Mexico: El Enfierno. I didn't like it.

What you like usually, maybe i can throw some film suggestions your way

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just finished Whores' Glory. A very well made (and nicely shot) documentary on, well, whores and brothels, focusing on Thailand, Bangladesh and Mexico. There's no narration or facts flashing across the screen, just film of the day to day working life of prostitutes and talking to the camera. It's pretty depressing at times.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I've only seen the first Tomb Raider. It has Angelina Jolie looking really hot and lots of crazy wiz-bang action. Like the Resident Evil movies, though, they are entirely unfaithful to the feel and tone of the videogames they're based on. (I haven't played games from either series in over a decade)

Top Bottom