• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Kaladin

I was afraid of that since the opening scenes (spoiler? I guess)

when they just quickly jump into this world where aliens have taken over, and explain the situation in 3 minutes. Episodes 2 and 3 have been focusing on getting back his son, and I'm already thinking 'geez, get the kid and move on already.'

You're going to be thinking that for a little while.

vazel

Banned
The first season of Falling Skies is pretty bad. But they do a good job of turning the show around in season 2. I'd skip most of season 1(maybe only watch the first and last episodes) and go straight into season 2.

The first season of Falling Skies is pretty bad. But they do a good job of turning the show around in season 2. I'd skip most of season 1(maybe only watch the first and last episodes) and go straight into season 2.
Idk I'm just not a person that can do that, It I watch a show I'm fully invested in it. I'll give falling sky's more chances, I won't give it the hemlock grove treatment and completely stop.

Kaladin

Idk I'm just not a person that can do that, It I watch a show I'm fully invested in it. I'll give falling sky's more chances, I won't give it the hemlock grove treatment and completely stop.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who just stopped watching. I didn't even intentionally do it either, I just found other stuff to watch and haven't gone back to it. I kind of want to finish it but it just goes nowhere fast.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You're going to be thinking that for a little while.

Ugh, moving onto another show then. What little action scenes or alien scenes there are, aren't all that interesting.

Yeah, I can't jump around like that either. As painful as the episodes may be, I have to watch it.

C4Lukins

I am sure it has been mentioned, but The Fall starring Gillian Anderson is really good.

It is a 5 part series, not sure if there is going to be a sequel that is about 5 hours long in total.

Check it out. It is a serial killer drama with a very unique flow to it.

Aiii

So not worth it
The first seasons of Weeds has me very excited for Orange Is The New Black. The latter seasons make me very weary of the show though.

We'll see. Trailer seems okay.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I barely knew anything on OitNB, by the trailer makes me want to watch it. It looks good.

So that just leaves 'Derek' for the last new show of this year.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Mere Dad Ki Maruti (Comedy, Musical, Bollywood)
Moonshiners (TV, Reality)
The Big Bad (Horror, Supernatural)

Sweden:

Fame (Musical)
Tangled (Animation, Family)

Batigol

Banned
Need suggestions for a new tv show to watch. Choices are Fringe, Friday night lights or once upon a time?

No preference

legend166

I've found I'm not enjoying Fringe as much as I thought I would. From impressions I was reading I thought it was a lot more serialised. I'm up to around the 7th or 8th episode in season 2 and it's still very much a 'monster of the week' type show. Anything to do with the whole SPOILERS
the whole alternate dimensions thing
just takes forever.

Does it still get better from here or if I'm not enjoying it all that much now will that basically stay the same?

Kevtones

Started Better Off Ted - could see it getting a little repetitive but I like the setup and tone. The jokes are hit/miss but it has some clever moments.

Easily Friday Night Lights.

I lend my support to 'Friday Night Lights', it's one of the few 'teen dramas' I can easily watch and enjoy. Cast is decent and believable in what they're trying to achieve, plus there's the football element (which is a bit weak at times).

It was also one of the first 'shaky perv' cam shows, which is Peter Berg's style (if you felt sick watching 'Hancock' this might not be for you).

Need suggestions for a new tv show to watch. Choices are Fringe, Friday night lights or once upon a time?

No preference

I have never read an unkind word about Friday Night Lights as a series. Sure, some didn't like a season here or there, but as a series it is pretty universally loved. I do need to watch it soon.

But after that, watch Fringe. Latter half of season 2 and all of season 3 are god tier sci fi.

I tried Once Upon a Time, but halfway through the first season I couldn't take it any more. But my wife loves it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Ecstasy (Drama, Indie, UK)
The Glades: Season 3 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Jim Breuer: More than Me (Comedy, Stand up)
Madea's Witness Protection (Comedy)
No Rest for the Wicked (Crime, Thriller, Foreign/Spain)
Pretty Little Liars: Season 3 (TV, Teen, Drama)
Private Practice: Season 6 (TV, Medical, Drama)

jvm

Gamasutra.
I watched Bernie this past week. Was a really enjoyable movie.

As someone from The South, the people interviewed were very authentic. I could believe I'd run into them in my own home town. And they weren't portrayed as idiots, either, which is always a relief.

DagsJT

Just finished watching the US version of "The Killing" season one and the end was not what I expected. Did a quick look into the Danish version and it looks like the US version kinda went a different direction maybe?

Good series though.

iiicon

Friday Night Lights is on Netflix? Why haven't I ever seen it while browsing the selection? I've been thinking of watching that show for ages, guess I finally will now.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Friday Night Lights is on Netflix? Why haven't I ever seen it while browsing the selection? I've been thinking of watching that show for ages, guess I finally will now.

Its been on there for awhile now. Pretty sure previous seasons were already up there before the series ended (at least in the US).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just finished watching the US version of "The Killing" season one and the end was not what I expected. Did a quick look into the Danish version and it looks like the US version kinda went a different direction maybe?

Good series though.

American production companies always have to change overseas shows.

Check it out, you won't regret it.

jakncoke

Banned
NPDSVODTVSubs2-1024x525.jpg

shit is crazy..

http://www.geekwire.com/2013/netflix-dominates-streaming-space-amazon-hulu-making-small-gains/

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If Amazon ever broke their Instant Watch service free from Prime, I bet it would rival Netflix.

jakncoke

Banned
I wouldnt doubt a decent migration to Amazon after parents figure out that the shows they put on for their kids is on there instead of Netflix. But then again they may not in the face of a 80 dollar fee

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wouldnt doubt a decent migration to Amazon after parents figure out that the shows they put on for their kids is on there instead of Netflix. But then again they may not in the face of a 80 dollar fee

That's what I'm getting it, if they broke IW into its own service, with a monthly fee, they would see a bigger piece of the pie. They would probably have to fix that horrible UI first.

Top Bottom