• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

TCRS

Banned
The Man From Nowhere
The Good, The Bad, The Weird
I Saw The Devil

Just watched this. Damn... another great vengeance movie from South Korea though a bit too long. And very gory, if you don't have the stomach for that don't watch it, otherwise I highly recommend it.

I also just realised that that one guy who plays the psycho is the same guy from Lady Vengeance. edit: His name is Min-sik Choi.

B-Dex

I loathe Alliance Atlantis. They always put there content in SD only on Canadian Netflix. If I switch to the US I can watch all those movies in HD. Ridiculous.

Prime example: Donnie Darko.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I just finished watching Red Tails (UK), good movie. A little bit cheesy at times, and the
rivalry between the German leader and the Tuskegee Airmen falls flat on its face, I could also do without the love story
but overall, it was good. The air fight scenes and CGI are well done. If you are into air combat, or WWII, you should check it out. Just don't expect it to be historical accurate.

JLG-

oh god i think i'm hooked on Teen Wolf...

it's surprisingly, entertaining..
pCyPNac.png

Is the show Fringe any good? Thinking about watching that soon.

I'm havent finished watching season one yet, but it is pretty good. Definitely give it a shot.

Watch it. First season is good. First half of second season is decent. Second half of season 2 and all of season 3 is god tier TV. Season 4 has moments of brilliance, but is a step down from season 3. Season 5 is not on Netflix yet, but it a great finale to the series.

Am I mistaken or wasn't Batman The Animated Series on Netflix? I went to watch it tonight and couldn't find it.
I don't remember it ever being on Netflix. But I could be wrong. I remember looking for it at one point, it not being there and buying the first season on DVD because of it.

Is Street Fighter: Alpha The Movie worth the hour and a half?

Kaladin

Started up Longmire tonight, looks like this is gonna be a good modern take on the classic western......and Starbuck is still hot damnit.

Is the show Fringe any good? Thinking about watching that soon.

It's worth watching. Season one is great, season two kind of tails off. I finished season three and thought it was a little better than the end of two.

I watched Offended this weekend. It's OK. Horrible overacting though.

If you're looking for something a little mind bending I recommend Upstream Color. It's a cool indie flick about people recovering from being abducted and hypnotized.

Kaladin

I tried to watch Battlestar Galactica for the first time since it aired. I think it's too soon for me. I don't like to remember everything on a rewatch.

mackaveli

What is Netflix Watch Instantly?

I'm in Canada and watch netflix on my PC but what is netflix watch instantly? I never see those words in netflix ever.

Thanks.

TCRS

Banned
Failan gave me the feels...

Great movie. The first third is a typical gangster movie, the rest quite different and just beautiful. And I love that Choi Min-sik guy, what a great actor, I need to find more of his stuff.

The netflix quality was horrible though. Picture quality was okayish, the subtitles just bad. So many spelling and grammar mistakes. You could also tell that they left out a lot of the dialogues or only translated very little. It felt sometimes like a bootleg version.

But in the end you don't need to understand every word to enjoy and appreciate this movie.

Susurrus

I noticed a while back my instant watch RSS feeds were gone ("New Movies To Watch Instantly"). It was nice when netflix notified me of new movies to instant watch. Anyone know what happened, or how to recover it?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I noticed a while back my instant watch RSS feeds were gone ("New Movies To Watch Instantly"). It was nice when netflix notified me of new movies to instant watch. Anyone know what happened, or how to recover it?

They stopped (and forced others to stop as well) providing that info.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

And Now a Word from Our Sponsor (Comedy, Indie)
Brother Bear 2 (Animation, Family)
El Cielo en Tu Mirada (Romantic, Drama, Foreign/Mexican)
Hit & Miss (TV, Crime, Drama, UK)
La Ultima Muerte (Thriller, Foreign/Mexican)
Lost and Delirious (Drama)
The Magic Flute (Musical, Romantic, UK)
Silent Hill: Revelation (Horror)

Awesome that SH:R is up. I wanted to see in theaters last year, but never got around to it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
User profiles are coming by the end of the summer:

Netflix users have been clamoring for better solutions when it comes to sharing an account with family and friends, and the streaming service is finally set to deliver one soon. Yahoo News reports that Netflix will roll out individual user profiles by the end of the summer — likely sometime in August — enabling subscribers to keep their own recommendations isolated from (and uninfluenced by) the viewing habits of anyone else using their account. Once enabled, the profiles will allow users to select their own avatar, which will appear across Netflix's various apps. As for how many people will be able to share a single "family" account, it seems that's still up in the air; Yahoo News says company executives are still deciding between five or six, which differs from the four cited in a recent Netflix investor letter. Back then, Netflix said the sharing plan would run $11.99, but we should see more definitive details in the weeks to come.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Added today:

Awesome that SH:R is up. I wanted to see in theaters last year, but never got around to it.

Don't want to burst your bubble but it really is a terrible movie. I watched it because I've played all of the Silent Hill games and I probably wouldn't even recommend it to fans of the games (unlike the first one which was ok).

Don't want to spoil it but I would like to hear your thoughts about the a certain fight scene after you have watched it lol

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Personally, nothing good has been added to Netflix in a month or more. It's going downhill again.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic, survival, human disaster, dystopian types shows but struggling to find anything now.

I love stuff like Lost, BSG, Walking Dead, even crap stuff like Terra Nova. Battle Royale fits the theme too.

Can someone please share some? I want to build up a giant backlog to work through.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm a sucker for post apocalyptic, survival, human disaster, dystopian types shows but struggling to find anything now.

I love stuff like Lost, BSG, Walking Dead, even crap stuff like Terra Nova. Battle Royale fits the theme too.

Can someone please share some? I want to build up a giant backlog to work through.

You should definitely watch District 13/Ultimatum if you haven't already. Both are great movies.

As for shows: Dollhouse (sorta), Firefly, Fringe (in the later seasons), Jericho, Desert Punk (Anime), Survivors.

If you have access to other regions: Falling Skies (UK).

Jericho and Survivors are really the kinds of shows you are looking for. Jericho is great. It nails the post-apocalyptic vibe. Although, season 2 blows since it was rushed. But you will get all of your questions answered by the end of it. Survivors is similar. I haven't watched it, but heard good things.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Don't want to burst your bubble but it really is a terrible movie. I watched it because I've played all of the Silent Hill games and I probably wouldn't even recommend it to fans of the games (unlike the first one which was ok).

Don't want to spoil it but I would like to hear your thoughts about the a certain fight scene after you have watched it lol

I wouldn't start it up expecting a whole lot. It's kind of shit.

I went in with low expectations and still walked away wanting my time back. The visuals were bad. The acting was somehow even worse.

I thought the fight scene was laughable. Looking at comments on it, people actually enjoyed it? Either they are really huge fans of the game, or I watched a different movie than them.

So yeah, skip this movie.

The only problem with those suggestions is that "Desert Punk" is just awful. Just terrible in every anime cliché way possible.

Maybe he will like it. :p

lol im still clogging through Cheers with the occasion movie from instant :p. In mid season 5 only 6 to go !

Dedication!

jakncoke

Banned
I went in with low expectations and still walked away wanting my time back. The visuals were bad. The acting was somehow even worse.

I thought the fight scene was laughable. Looking at comments on it, people actually enjoyed it? Either they are really huge fans of the game, or I watched a different movie than them.

So yeah, skip this movie.

Maybe he will like it. :p

Dedication!

Seasons are soooooo long lol I still get the occasion lol but feel the length of the show already

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
You should definitely watch District 13/Ultimatum if you haven't already. Both are great movies.

As for shows: Dollhouse (sorta), Firefly, Fringe (in the later seasons), Jericho, Desert Punk (Anime), Survivors.

If you have access to other regions: Falling Skies (UK).

Jericho and Survivors are really the kinds of shows you are looking for. Jericho is great. It nails the post-apocalyptic vibe. Although, season 2 blows since it was rushed. But you will get all of your questions answered by the end of it. Survivors is similar. I haven't watched it, but heard good things.

Survivors is good but short. Will try Dollhouse and Falling Skies, seen the rest!

Will check out the movies too, sound interesting.

Anymore dystopian reccomendations please?

Top Bottom