• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Kaladin

I still don't have Max. Do I have to update or does it just appear? Netflix is slow rolling this thing out. I thought it would at least appear by the time Orange is the New Black started

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Buried Secrets (Drama, Foreign)
Doc Martin: Series 2-4 (TV, Medical, Drama, UK)
Ring of Fire (TV, Mini-series, Action, Thriller)
A Thousand Months (Drama, Foreign)

Canada:
Paranormal Activity 4: Unrated Edition (Horror)

I have been cracking out on CSI:NY. Its so randomly entertaining. Orange is the new black I be caught the first episode. Loved it. Hopefully the series continues to deliver.

Kaladin

I tried to get into Ken Burn's Prohibition doc last night. I don't know....his docs are educational, but it's like being in a lecture on the subject rather than an entertaining learning experience. It's hard to sit through several hours at a time.

Symphonia

Banned
I can't help but repeat this over and over, it is the best $5 you will spend in any given month.
I've been using Unotelly/UnoDNS for a few months but they've had their DNS settings blocked recently meaning I'm restricted to the UK Netflix only, which is proving to be a major inconvenience. I read somewhere that Unblock-US is going through the same kind of issues; is that the case or has it been resolved? If so, I'll bite the bullet and subscribe to them.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just watched "Orange Is The New Black" episode one. Pretty funny and will certainly watch the rest.

I'm up to episode four and it gets better. A great charming show.

I've been using Unotelly/UnoDNS for a few months but they've had their DNS settings blocked recently meaning I'm restricted to the UK Netflix only, which is proving to be a major inconvenience. I read somewhere that Unblock-US is going through the same kind of issues; is that the case or has it been resolved? If so, I'll bite the bullet and subscribe to them.

I havent heard or experience any of that. Unblock has a free week trail. Sign up for one and give it a go.

Jimothy

Orange is the New Black is really, really good. It's surprisingly deep thematically. I'm enjoying it way more than the new season of Arrested Development.

Enco

Finally finished Twin Peaks.

Pretty great overall but holy hell people weren't exaggerating on GAF when they said S2 had some bad moments. In my opinion the show was over when the killer was revealed. Before then it was intense, suspenseful and very interesting. Most of season 2 was garbage. I don't give a shit about James for example. So much time was spent on his ridiculous story. Same with Nadine.

I heard the ending was meant to be great but it was completely average. The mystical stuff was kinda silly and the final ending scene sucked ass. No closure at all. The last half of the episode was a big WTF.

Season 1 is some of the best TV I have seen and S2 was awful but it's still overall a good watch.

McLovin

Yes it is.I find it kind of creepy that people would want to watch the movie for that reason, considering the nature of the scene and how it's presented as rape...why would you want to watch anyone rape or get raped?
Because of the absurdity, its a comedy.

Kaladin

Orange Is The New Black might be the best original Netflix series yet, and I loved House of Cards, and Lillyhammer. Netflix is on a roll.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I haven't watched any of the Original content on Amazon instant yet, but Netflix certainly has a amazing list that'll be hard to top.

Amazon seems to be taking the "throw everything at the wall and see what sticks" approach.

Orange is getting a second season too.

Tokyo Godfathers

So good, I wish netflix had more of satoshi kon's work. The only other film I saw of his was Paprika and that was a blast too. Really dig this guys style, wish he didn't die so young ;(

Orange is the New Black is pretty good. I'm halfway through it and I'm enjoying it. I watched the following this weekend:

• Paranormal Activity 4 - this follows the pattern of this series. It's more of the same but, each one gets progressively worse.
  • 30 Days of Night: Dark Days - only watch this if, like me, you love all vampire lore. I enjoyed it only because I watch every vampire movie I come across..which I do because I wish that I was one.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

The Achievers: The Story of the Lebowski Fans (Documentary, Social)
Don Friesen: Ask Your Mom (Stand-up)
Done the Impossible (Documentary, FireFly Show)
For Richer or Poorer (TV, Comedy)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Anime, Fantasy, Action)
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos (Anime, Fantasy, Action)
Lab Rats (TV, Kids)
Lakey Peterson: Zero to 100 (Documentary, Sports)
A Monster in Paris (Animation, Family, Comedy)
Peep Show (TV, Comedy, UK)
Political Animals (TV, Miniseries, Drama)
State of Emergency (Horror, Zombies)
The Last Kung Fu Monk (Action, Martial Arts)

Canada:

The Achievers: The Story of the Lebowski Fans (Documentary, Social)
Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (Action, Martial Arts, Foreign)
Done the Impossible (Documentary, FireFly Show)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Anime, Fantasy, Action)
Lakey Peterson: Zero to 100 (Documentary, Sports)

iiicon

The last 20 minutes were insane, but I still think 2 was the better movie. 4 just felt flat. They tried something different with the webcam, but didn't really click for me.
3 had that crazy ending, like you said, but it also had a terrifically-shot, intense scene in the bathroom with the demon pounding away at the door. I agree that the series is experiencing diminishing returns now that we know all the tricks, but that scene captured the terror and dread I felt all the way through the first movie; I never reacted that way during 2.

e: Peep Show is back! And FM:B, nice.

I liked 3 significantly more than 2.

I don't like 2 significantly more than 3 but, I do think it's the better movie. I do think 1 is significantly better than 2. 4 was nothing more than a cliched shock scare movie.

The point I was going for with the quote was that the more we see movies in this series, the less entertainment value they actually seem to give us.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just watched Silent Hill Revelation this weekend. My sister and I had been looking forward to seeing it for a long time as we loved the first and played the games together. Bad.

Anth1888

Pretty big update in the UK today lots of new TV shows - some selected ones.

Stargate: Atlantis (2004-2008) 5 Seasons
The L Word (2004-2009) 6 Seasons
Dead Like Me (2003-2004) 2 Seasons
Whitechapel (2009-2010) 2 Series
Louis Theroux (2007) 15 Episodes
Rome (2005-2007) 2 Seasons

Think I'm going to re-watch Rome! More BBC/ITV series added as well.

Also Lawless was also added yesterday.

calder

I'm 6 episodes into Orange is the New Black and it is excellent so far. I really didn't know anything about going in but (so far) it's actually my favourite Netflix original. Wasn't expecting that.

vazel

Banned
Amazing that Rome made it onto Netflix. I always assumed HBO had most of the rights to the series. But I guess the BBC owns a good chunk of the show too because there is no way HBO likes this.

I'm 6 episodes into Orange is the New Black and it is excellent so far. I really didn't know anything about going in but (so far) it's actually my favourite Netflix original. Wasn't expecting that.

Glad to hear. I will most certainly be checking this one out. I really enjoyed Weeds (well, a few seasons of it to be more precise).

Also, yay for Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood being put back up. I always wanted to see that anime because I heard it was supposed to be good.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Amazing that Rome made it onto Netflix. I always assumed HBO had most of the rights to the series. But I guess the BBC owns a good chunk of the show too because there is no way HBO likes this.
I doubt HBO has a distribution channel in the UK, so they most likely sold the rights to highest bidder.

Top Bottom