• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
is The Shield on US Netflix?

edit: nm, damn I'd like to watch that series.

Look up the DNS settings for Mexico or shell out the $5 for Unblock/whatever VPN. I'm sure you could finish The Shield series in one month. Just look at it as you brought all the seasons.

i wish.. its not

i noticed theirs profiles now in netlfix?? whats up with that??

Profiles to keep little johnny's Q/recommendation separate from mom and/or dad Q's/recommendations.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Season 5 is up in the UK flix.

Seriously, you have netflix, look into a VPN. Free or otherwise. Half the stuff that are on your guys wishlist, is more than likely available in another region.

Season 5 is up in the UK flix.

Seriously, you have netflix, look into a VPN. Free or otherwise. Half the stuff that are on your guys wishlist, is more than likely available in another region.
It will probably look like ass on the UK servers, since they will have to convert it to PAL. Then again, maybe they do a better job of NTSC -> PAL than PAL -> NTSC.

Nizz

Is Fringe really that good? I'm feeling reluctant to start it for some reason.

Start it. The first episode will hook you in.
This. I'm up to I believe the 13th episode and I don't know how I missed this shows' original run. John Noble's Walter Bishop is an awesome character. Love how he'll throw out these random quips. The show is in the vein of the X-Files which is what I was looking for.

Even for the horror genre, the Friday 13th series is really out there and just plain daft. The way they manage to milk 'one more' movie needs to be praised (somewhat).

Even for the horror genre, the Friday 13th series is really out there and just plain daft. The way they manage to milk 'one more' movie needs to be praised (somewhat).

The first few were pretty good, especially considering when they were released. The only people watching the newer releases are jackasses like me who have seen everyone one in the series and figure one more won't hurt.

I'm still going with Hellraiser as my favorite 80s horror movie series.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have watched all of them (I think anyway). Can barely remember them, however. The Friday the 13th remake was excellent though. I hope they make a sequel to that.

RedAssedApe

Banned
It will probably look like ass on the UK servers, since they will have to convert it to PAL. Then again, maybe they do a better job of NTSC -> PAL than PAL -> NTSC.

the stuff on uk netflix didnt look any different to me from the stuff on us netflix. maybe i dont have a discerning eye for that kind of stuff though

Best alternative to Unblock for PS3? Free or subscription

hola unblocker seems to work well if you're just watching from your browser.

The first few were pretty good, especially considering when they were released. The only people watching the newer releases are jackasses like me who have seen everyone one in the series and figure one more won't hurt.

I'm still going with Hellraiser as my favorite 80s horror movie series.

I'm up to part 7 now, I'm sort of 'enjoying' them, but I'd never watch them again. I'm trying to guess what crazy antics Jason will get up to next. I think he'll end up surfing.

Hellraiser is mental too. I had no idea they made more after Helleraiser 4.

RedAssedApe

Banned
looks like Revolution S1 is up in the US. Is this show any good? OT had Jericho and Lost in it...but the trailers I saw looked really awful lol

Watched a few of the "30 for 30" documentaries today. I am hooked. Watched the "Straight Outta L.A." and "Kings Ransom". Great stuff.

Straight Out of LA is without a doubt the worst 30 for 30 doc. Havent seen Kings Ransom yet to speak on it. My favorite is definitely The Two Escobars. It's actually now on my list as one of my all time favorite documentaries.

Straight Out of LA is without a doubt the worst 30 for 30 doc. Havent seen Kings Ransom yet to speak on it. My favorite is definitely The Two Escobars. It's actually now on my list as one of my all time favorite documentaries.

Two Escobars is in the queue. It seems to be the most lauded one. That will be watched this weekend.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Eve of Destruction (TV Mini-series, SciFi)
The Captains Close-Up (TV, Documentary)
Revolution Season 1 (TV, Action, SciFi)
Solomon Kane (Action, Fantasy, Foreign)

Added today:

Eve of Destruction (TV Mini-series, SciFi)
The Captains Close-Up (TV, Documentary)
Revolution Season 1 (TV, Action, SciFi)
Solomon Kane (Action, Fantasy, Foreign)

Awww. I was hoping it was this Eve of Destruction. :(

Eve_of_destruction.jpg

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
looks like Revolution S1 is up in the US. Is this show any good? OT had Jericho and Lost in it...but the trailers I saw looked really awful lol

Acting and plot seems particularly stupid to me. Lots of implausible stuff happens. Below par IMO. I like my popcorn TV series more than average but couldn't stop thinking how dumb the characters and plot were in this. Stuff happens which just makes me think "dumb".

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you haven't watched "Orange in the New Black" what are you waiting for?

I just finished the whole season and it is the best new drama. Yes, even better than "House of Cards." It is well-written and wonderfully acted. Netflix knocked it out of the park again. It is going to be a long wait for season two.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm watching an episode per week. It's very good.

GeeDuhb

Yup. Did some digging and here are some other shows that are on Amazon Prime that aren't on Netflix from what I can tell:

Falling Skies
Suits
Grimm
Covert Affairs
Workaholics
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
The Shield (!!! Holy shit, I may need to rewatch one of my favorite shows ever)

Between Netflix and Amazon Prime I am never going to run out of shit to watch. It's almost overwhelming.

Yeah completely agree! I am getting ready to move out, and I am considering not getting cable (cord cutting I guess) cause I can't keep up with my DVRed shows, let alone all the stuff I want to watch on Netflix and Prime.

BTW, in regards to Prime Instant Video, I really wish there was a site like Instant Watcher that had info for the stuff on it. I am not missing anything, am I? There isn't a site like that, right?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
PI: This...this was a confusing, mind bending film. First thing that stood out to me was the music. Other than that, I honestly have no idea what I just watched.

The Pact: More of a thriller than a horror movie. With some supernatural elements thrown in. The movie doesn't know what type of movie it wants to be.
It adds slasher elements later on.
But aside from that, I think it was a good movie. It has a creepy vibe to it. The music was good, as well the pacing. Some parts of the story didn't make sense/weren't explained and I'm not sure why they ended it the way they did.

Watch it if you want a good thriller. Don't if you are expecting a horror movie.

Best Worst Movie: Found the film to be mediocre. I mean its just not that interesting. It was amusing seeing the father from Troll 2 get so frustrated at Horror Con and how the director was so pissed off how his movie is seen so terribly.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Birdmen: The Original Dream of Flight (Documentary)
iSteve (Comedy, Satire)
Immortalized (TV, Reality)
Long Way Round (TV, Documentary, UK)
Long Way Down (TV, Documentary, UK)
Rita (TV, Drama, Comedy)
See Girl Run (Indie, Romantic, Drama)
Stander (Crime, Drama)
The Boondock Saints (Crime, Thriller)

Canada:

Birdmen: The Original Dream of Flight
Goosebumps Season 2-4 (TV, Kids)
iSteve (Comedy, Satire)
Rita (TV, Drama, Comedy)
The Magic School Bus Season 2-4 (TV, Kids)

UK:

Cheech & Chong: Get Out of My Room (Comedy)
Collision Season 1 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Fringe Season 1 (TV, Action, SciFi)
Goosebumps Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Lost Girl Season 1 (TV, Drama, SciFi)
Prom Night (Horror)
Rita (TV, Drama, Comedy)
The Car (Cult, Horror)
The Magic School Bus Season 1 (TV, Kids)
The Reluctant Astronaut (Comedy, Family)

Gold Bless America

Good indie movie about a guy who is fed up with America's current obsession over pop culture and reality TV. It's sort of a modern day 'Falling Down', but a bit more lighthearted.

Stars Bill Murray's brother.

Top Bottom