• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Anth1888

Love/Hate has been added the US Netflix and I highly recommend it.

For those that haven't heard of the show, it's a highly acclaimed Irish crime drama starring Robert Sheehan (Misfits), Aidan Gillen (The Wire, Game of Thrones) and Charlie Murphy (BBC drama The Village) amongst others.

SKINNER!

Banned
So I'm watching the new episodes of Breaking Bad and they've been great so far but I'll be on holiday abroad when the last 2 epsiodes are shown and I know it'll be spoiled for me if I leave it until I come back. Is there any way I can access the UK version of Netflix abroad?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So I'm watching the new episodes of Breaking Bad and they've been great so far but I'll be on holiday abroad when the last 2 epsiodes are shown and I know it'll be spoiled for me if I leave it until I come back. Is there any way I can access the UK version of Netflix abroad?

Three options:

1- Google and look for the DNS settings for the UK.

2- Use Unblock us. $5/monthly. But you also gain every other region alongside the UK one.

3- Find any other VPN to use.

Symphonia

Banned
Decided to give this a go. Currently about an hour or so into it. It's odd.
Only just spotted this, sorry.

What did you think of it after watching it all? I've seen a few people on here giving it a fair bit of criticism, but I actually quite enjoyed it. I'm trying to find V/H/S 2 somewhere to stream online.

Only just spotted this, sorry.

What did you think of it after watching it all? I've seen a few people on here giving it a fair bit of criticism, but I actually quite enjoyed it. I'm trying to find V/H/S 2 somewhere to stream online.

Not terrible, but I think the nature of what it is was always going to divide people. The discovered footage allowing for multiple stories is a nice idea, but sadly it means you don't get to really care for any of the characters given the limited time they have on the screen (which is sort of an issue with this being a horror film).

Also it means that some segments suffer from coming after a strong segment/a segment you like. I was still thinking about the previous one and not really paying attention to the new one at times!

Yet, it was an OK watch and I'd watch the 2nd one whenever it becomes available. Was like an adult version of Goosebumps or whatever. The 'Skype' segment was decent.

SKINNER!

Banned
Three options:

1- Google and look for the DNS settings for the UK.

2- Use Unblock us. $5/monthly. But you also gain every other region alongside the UK one.

3- Find any other VPN to use.

Hmm, alright. Thanks. Will look into that and see which one suits me best. Gah, why did I book a holiday during the Breaking Bad finale!?!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Christopher and His Kind (Indie, Drama)
Ghost Hunt (Anime, Thriller)
Harold's Going Stiff (Indie, Comedy, Zombie, UK)
Highland Park (Indie, Drama)
Inspector Morse (TV, Crime, Drama, UK)
Klitschko (Documentary, Sports/Boxing, Foreign/German)
Love/Hate (TV, Crime, Drama)
Love Sick Love (Indie, Thriller)
Miss Representation (Documentary, Cultural)
Mystery Science Theater 3000: Gamera, Pod People, The Final Sacrifice, Soultaker, The Touch of Satan (TV, Comedy, SciFi)
Scholastic: Tall Tales (TV, Kids)
Serving Life (TV, Documentary, Social)
Shun Li and the Poet (Indie, Drama, Foreign/Italian)
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World (Family, Comedy)
The Big Picture (Thriller, Foreign/French)
This Is Martin Bonner (Indie, Drama)
Trigun Badlands (Anime, Action)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wonder if I'll ever see My List. I never got Max. I did see Profiles though, but that is useless to me.

It is working for me:

lFHnyPF.jpg

gB5kBFH.jpg

Edit- For those that haven't heard, Netflix is changing the Instant Queue to My List.

Adding titles to “My List” is easy. Simply click “Add To My List” when viewing the details of a title on Netflix. You can add titles from all Netflix devices and your List appears across devices. You’ll see My List as a row, but you can also view your list in more detail in a gallery view.

Full news story here.

Edit 2- You are also able to switch back to the "classic view" when you select 'view all.'

Wag

Project Nim is an awesome documentary on UK Netflix about a Chimp who was taught to learn sign language back in the '70s, and his life thereafter, and the way his treatment reflects upon us. Great stuff.

the chris

Added today:

Christopher and His Kind (Indie, Drama)
Ghost Hunt (Anime, Thriller)
Harold's Going Stiff (Indie, Comedy, Zombie, UK)
Highland Park (Indie, Drama)
Inspector Morse (TV, Crime, Drama, UK)
Klitschko (Documentary, Sports/Boxing, Foreign/German)
Love/Hate (TV, Crime, Drama)
Love Sick Love (Indie, Thriller)
Miss Representation (Documentary, Cultural)
Mystery Science Theater 3000: Gamera, Pod People, The Final Sacrifice, Soultaker, The Touch of Satan (TV, Comedy, SciFi)
Scholastic: Tall Tales (TV, Kids)
Serving Life (TV, Documentary, Social)
Shun Li and the Poet (Indie, Drama, Foreign/Italian)
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World (Family, Comedy)
The Big Picture (Thriller, Foreign/French)
This Is Martin Bonner (Indie, Drama)
Trigun Badlands (Anime, Action)

Glad to see these back on Netflix

I'm not seeing what's different about My List compared to the Instant Queue. They still haven't made sorting any better. *grumbles*

It's just a rebranding in the territories that already had the Queue. It's a new feature in other territories though. It's also supposed to move down as a row if you don't use it often but I'd guess that would take awhile to happen.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Just started watching Sons of Anarchy. It's clearly not on the same level as AMC or HBO shows but it's been solid entertainment so far.

Scuderia

I'm not with any, i've just been using some DNS settings i found on the Internet for about a year without problem (until now) on the PS3

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Due to a thread on GAF about Louis CK I just discovered Bill Burr. Spent the last 5 hours watching the 3 Bill Burr specials they had on netflix as well as the 2 Louis CK specials.

Any recommendations on where to go from here?

It might not be on Netflix but try to find some Patrice O'neal standup. He and Bill Burr share a lot of comedic themes and insights on relationships.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Caller: I think I saw this recommended before. It is a nice little suspenseful/supernatural horror movie. It is more of a suspense movie with cheap scares. The premise is intriguing and unique. The execution of the premise might fall flat for some, but I thought it did a good job. Without giving too much away, a girl moves into a new place, receives a strange call, and the caller doesn't stop after that initial conversation. Definitely recommend it.

Is anyone else experiencing poor video quality on Xbox 360? It started around the time Zodiac was added, the most I can get are 2 bars but it keeps switching between 1-2. My Xbox is connected by an ethernet cable and I get perfect HD on Hulu+, YouTube, and ESPN. I've tried resetting my router and modem and deleting and re-downloading the app several times but nothing works.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thanks to GK86 for posting new releases I otherwise wouldn't know about.

Watched the Klitchko brothers documentary. Another highly produced sports documentary about Eastern European athletes who sometimes don't get the hype they deserve. Boxing is such a beautiful sport and this docu is brutal to watch at times, but you see the love, talent and brotherhood both Vladimir and Vitali have for each other and the sport.

Its crazy to think the two best heavyweights in the world for the last 5+ years are brothers but watch this and you'll see why.

Great documentary especially if you like sports and boxing.

Finally saw The Rundown. A fun movie, not going to win any awards but a great Friday night movie. And damn, Dwayne Johnson is a pretty versatile actor, comedy, action, more serious movies.

Nice. Fantastic movie. One of my favorites of the past few years.

EDIT: What are the very best comic book movies on Netflix? And are the Batman movies sequential? I just added Justice League: Doom. Do I have to have seen something before this?

The Caller: I think I saw this recommended before. It is a nice little suspenseful/supernatural horror movie. It is more of a suspense movie with cheap scares. The premise is intriguing and unique. The execution of the premise might fall flat for some, but I thought it did a good job. Without giving too much away, a girl moves into a new place, receives a strange call, and the caller doesn't stop after that initial conversation. Definitely recommend it.

I agree with this recommendation. It's a decent suspenseful movie. I enjoyed it.

Is Dredd on American Netflix?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

EDIT: What are the very best comic book movies on Netflix? And are the Batman movies sequential? I just added Justice League: Doom. Do I have to have seen something before this?

All the DC Animated stuff is standalone. Any order.

the Batman movies don't appear to be sequential. They're pretty much just stand alone stories, though you may not be familiar with some of the characters if you don't know the comics well.

I'd say JL: Doom and Batman Under the Red Hood are probably the top two followed by Superman/Batman Apocalypse and Batman Year One.

Nope, not sequential, but Netflix not really has many of them.

Year One and Under the Red Hood I think? Under the Red Hood is amazing, Year One is a bit less.

There are the Marvel movies, Captain America, The Avengers and such, but I only really love The Avengers of them.

And I cannot really think of other comic book movies on Netflix.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

3 (Drama, Foreign/German)
CSI: NY: Season 9 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Dredd (Action, SciFi)
Oh My God (Comedy, Bollywood)
The Women on the 6th Floor (Comedy, Foreign/French)
Tony Manero (Drama, Foreign/Spanish)
Transformers Prime: Season 3 (TV, Kids)

Highly recommend Dredd. Great action movie that uses slo-mo in a good way. Kinda underused in the film.

Top Bottom