• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

So, because of everyone gushing about it, I finally watched "30 for 30: The Two Escobars."

WOW. Yeah, that was fantastic. My wife was completely enthralled by it as well.

I went in knowing nothing about Andres Escobar or any of the events surrounding it.
But halfway through when I realized that there were no current interviews with Andres, I could see where it was going.

This My List feature is so retarded. It's just a shuffle. All the shows I've recently been watching are nowhere near the beginning. It's impossible to find anything.

SiDCrAzY

Watched it once. Have no desire to ever watch it again.

Why?

Cause the movie is so depressing or just didn't like it?

I found that the movie was just too depressing, not that the end of the world is supposed to be joyous times, but it was just too much.

Still a good movie, just don't want to go through it again.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I did no such thing!

Edit: Cosmos is expiring on the 1st. D:

Gotta watch it before then.

Others:

Running Wilde, Hey Arnold the move, Wild Thornberry movie, The Muppet Movie, Good Will Hunting (31st), Capote, Clash, Friday the 13th movies, Poltergeist 2, The Imposter, and Rain Man. That's from my list.

Everyone should look at their list and see what else is expiring. We could put together a list of stuff expiring every two weeks.

What the crap, I updated the order of my list and it reverted back.

Things expiring on my list: Slums of Beverly Hills, The Thing, Bad Boys II, Hotel Rwanda, and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

jakncoke

Banned
Gotta watch it before then.

Others:

Running Wilde, Hey Arnold the move, Wild Thornberry movie, The Muppet Movie, Good Will Hunting (31st), Capote, Clash, Friday the 13th movies, Poltergeist 2, The Imposter, and Rain Man. That's from my list.

Everyone should look at their list and see what else is expiring. We could put together a list of stuff expiring every two weeks.

The Omen is expiring on the 1st

Also this is a really good idea, we can get a feel on whats leaving soon.

Must watch Confessions of a Dangerous mind soon then.

And damn, Friday the 13th series didn't stay back up for long. No matter. The blu ray set is out in a few weeks.

Yaska

Noticed Falling Skies had its first season added to Finnish netflix. Judging from the season 1 only having finnish subtitles, I believe this might mean it's not available on other nordic countries. Seems to be interesting series so far.

cryptic

I'm looking for more awesome British pal movies like The Worlds End, Hot Fuzz, etc.

If there are any American/other movies in the same vein that are recent I'm interested in those too.

They help me with my current health issues by making me laugh.

Noticed Falling Skies had its first season added to Finnish netflix. Judging from the season 1 only having finnish subtitles, I believe this might mean it's not available on other nordic countries. Seems to be interesting series so far.

Season 2 is a lot better. Sadly, season 3 is a big step backwards.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm looking for more awesome British pal movies like The Worlds End, Hot Fuzz, etc.

If there are any American/other movies in the same vein that are recent I'm interested in those too.

They help me with my current help issues by making me laugh.

If you are in the US:

A Night at the Roxbury
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
Super Troopers
Half Baked
Cheech & Chong's Up in Smoke

If you have a VPN:

Shaun of the Dead (Canada)
Attack the Block (Canada)
Superbad (Canada)
Men in Black II (Sweden)
Due Date (Sweden)
Rush Hour (Sweden)
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (Sweden)
National Security (Sweden)

cryptic

If you are in the US:

A Night at the Roxbury
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
Super Troopers
Half Baked
Cheech & Chong's Up in Smoke

If you have a VPN:

Shaun of the Dead (Canada)
Attack the Block (Canada)
Superbad (Canada)
Men in Black II (Sweden)
Due Date (Sweden)
Rush Hour (Sweden)
A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (Sweden)
National Security (Sweden)

Darn, seen 'em all except shaun of the dead. Still I search, there was a good guys' night out movie about drinking and zombies that was british that I think you didn't mention, so I have hope.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeah, reason I switch to the 'manual' view. I had my list organized more or less.
I was terrified when I clicked "manual" for the first time that my order was going to be lost. I would have destroyed something.

I actually do like that newly-queued stuff goes to the top automatically now. Makes sorting/alphabetizing/etc. easier.

Kaladin

I watched Dredd last night. It was ok. I'm glad I didn't have to pay to rent it though, because it was just ok. Nothing special to write home about. B-

I watched Dredd last night. It was ok. I'm glad I didn't have to pay to rent it though, because it was just ok. Nothing special to write home about. B-

If was commenting on movies on here about whether or not I would pay to rent them, most of them would get a really high score on the suck-o-meter.

Kaladin

If was commenting on movies on here about whether or not I would pay to rent them, most of them would get a really high score on the suck-o-meter.

I just mention it because Dredd is a more recent movie that I probably would have rented on Amazon Instant if I had come across it in the mood to watch something.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Introducing a crowd source solution to finding out what is expiring soon on Netflix. Gaf members will be able to edit in what is expiring soon, by looking at their "My List" and seeing what titles are set to expire. Anyone is able to view the list. If you want to be able to edit it, please PM me, and I will add you.

So please look at your lists, see what is expiring. Either post what is expiring here, PM me the list, or edit the list yourselves. :)

Added today:

Our Idiot Brother (Comedy)
Spice and Wolf (Anime, Fantasy)
The Moo Man (Documentary, Social)
The Other F Word (Documentary, Biographical, Music/Punk Rockers)
The Reef (Family, Adventure)
The Road (Thriller, SciFi)
Un Amor (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)

LtOrange

Our Idiot Brother was a huge surprise for me. It was an incredibly funny movie while having a ton of heart. It is one of my favorite comedies of last few years and can not recommend it enough. Check it out!

GeeDuhb

This My List feature is so retarded. It's just a shuffle. All the shows I've recently been watching are nowhere near the beginning. It's impossible to find anything.

My list has 250+ items, feel my pain.

I just came here to post about this, but I did already see a few others mention it.

For those who have not figured it out yet (I just stumbled upon it) you can go into "Your Account" and click on "Order in My List" then select "Manual." SO GLAD they brought this back. I have had the my list crap for months now and it pissed me off so much. Glad they finally did the smart thing when it went live for everyone and decided to offer a choice!

I guess I better get on with watching Scarface (1932) then, 'cause it's expiring soon.

My friends put on Spy Kids 4 randomly and fuck it's terrible. It's making me wonder if the older ones were actually bad and that i was a kid and didn't know any better, but i doubt it

Our Idiot Brother was a huge surprise for me. It was an incredibly funny movie while having a ton of heart. It is one of my favorite comedies of last few years and can not recommend it enough. Check it out!

I want to watch this, I think...I'm not a fan of Paul Rudd's work and that's been keeping me from watching this. I should probably give it a try.

Watched Come Out And Play last night. It's not going to win any awards and the main characters make some really stupid decisions but the atmosphere is pretty eerie and killer kids are always unsettling.

Gave it three stars. Recommended if you're looking for something decent.

jakncoke

Banned
Jesus the James Bond are expiring again. Fucking what kind of dumb ass deals are Netflix getting. Fucking like 2 weeks on several months off 2 weeks on several months off..ect repeat

It looks like some more Disney films are going up on the 9th, namely Lilo & Stitch and The Emperor's New Groove. Along with their sequels.

Jesus the James Bond are expiring again. Fucking what kind of dumb ass deals are Netflix getting. Fucking like 2 weeks on several months off 2 weeks on several months off..ect repeat

Amazon has the exact same deal running concurrently so I'm guessing it's MGM being stingy.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Trying something new today:

A Perfect Ending (Indie, Drama, Romantic)
After confessing an unusual secret, repressed wife Rebecca Westbridge is prompted by her friends to explore her sexuality with a high-priced call girl. Apprehensive but intrigued by the prospect, Rebecca embarks on an erotic tryst.

Cat City (Indie, Crime, Thriller)
This stylish murder yarn focuses on a mysterious stranger named Jonas who brings an ill wind into the prosperous lives of Nick and Victoria Compton. When Victoria's law partner is later found murdered, Nick ends up being arrested for the crime.

El Santos vs. La Tetona Mendoza (Action, Comedy, Foreign/Spanish)
Depressed over his breakup with sexy wrestler La Tetona Mendoza, washed-up fighter El Santos starts a business that exploits a recent zombie invasion. But when a rival wipes out the zombies, El Santos searches for a way to bring them back.

Hecho en México (Documentary, Social)
The landscape, art and culture of Mexico come to vibrant life in this visual tapestry, set to music by some of the country's greatest performers, including alt-rocker Carla Morrison, ranchera diva Chavela Vargas and pop star Alejandro Fernandez.

LIFE 2.0 (Documentary, Social)
Every day, computer users across the globe log onto Second Life, a virtual world populated by life-like avatars. For a few people, their everyday lives are dramatically consumed by this alternate reality, affecting their relationships on and offline.

Filly Brown (Indie, Drama)
Offered a chance to be a star, a young rapper must decide whether to go for the gold or remain true to herself and the friends who've helped her. Meanwhile, her family struggles, with her mom in jail and her ex-gangbanger dad trying to go straight.

One Lucky Elephant (Documentary, Nature)
In this sensitive tale of one man's search to find a home for his animal companion, filmmaker Lisa Leeman documents a concerned circus producer's efforts to place his beloved 18-year-old elephant in permanent and loving care outside of the big top. His noble quest takes him to Africa but ultimately brings him back to the United States, where he's forced to decide what's best for his four-ton "daughter."

Scandal: Season 2 (TV, Crime, Drama)
In this popular political thriller, crisis management expert Olivia Pope and her team of Washington, D.C., lawyers continue to smooth over scandals for their powerful government clients while also dealing with their own personal disasters.

Tied (Drama, Foreign)
A wealthy banker and his dominant mistress push each other to their limits through increasingly extreme and dangerous desires. Soon, their sadomasochistic impulses threaten to destroy them both.

Canada:

A Perfect Ending (Indie, Drama, Romantic)
LIFE 2.0 (Documentary, Social - Second Life game)
Filly Brown (Indie, Drama)
One Lucky Elephant (Documentary, Nature)
The Adventures of Mickey Matson and the Copperhead Treasure (Family, Adventure)

Top Bottom