• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Nizz

The PS3 app has been a bit screwy ever since the My List update. When I remove something the whole list disappears. First time it happened I had a look of terror on my face, but the actual list isn't being deleted. When I reload the app everything is back to normal.
The exact same thing happened to me this weekend. Matter of fact it's still happening. Your post made me laugh because the first time it happened I also had a look of terror on my face, lol. I wish I knew what was going on.

Sylvester Stallone is really good in this - probably my favorite role of his.
Plus Rutger Hauer as the villain. Can't go wrong with Nighthawks.

And don't forget Billy Dee Williams as Stallone's partner.

But Hauer is the one that kicks the most ass in that movie. And has one of the most badass terrorist names ever: Wulfgar.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Can you imagine 24 being gone for 3 months in between hour 12 and 13?
I'm pretty sure that they did something like this in S2 or S3. Not sure why, but it clearly annoyed people because for later seasons, the ads would specifically say things like "the non-stop season continues next week!"

Vyer

Miller's Crossing might be one of my favorite Coen Bros films.

aGXhlSi.jpg

Great news fellow League fans - season 4 was just added!

Update - 9/3/13

U.S.
The League: Season 4
Bomb Girls: Sesason 2
Tenchi Muyo GXP
A Portrait of James Dean: Joshua Tree 1951
Apollo 18
Resolution
Most Valuable Players
Pinky Dinky Doo: Season 1
Higanjima

Canada
AE: Apocalypse Earth
Tenchi Muyo GXP
Venus and Serena
Elephants Dream
Higanjima
Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star

Anth1888

Never heard of The League but seen it was pretty popular around here. As a Brit I'm not overly familiar with American Football. With the shows premise of friends participating in the Fantasy Football League will I be able to enjoy the show without any knowledge of the sport?

Never heard of The League but seen it was pretty popular around here. As a Brit I'm not overly familiar with American Football. With the shows premise of friends participating in the Fantasy Football League will I be able to enjoy the show without any knowledge of the sport?

You might miss out on some of the references to specific players and guest stars but the majority of the show really centers on the inside jokes and hazing that goes on within any insular group of people. They could easily switch the sport from Football to Futbol to Hockey to Cricket and the majority of the comedy would still work.

JLG-

I really hate how "my list" adds everything you add to the front of the queue instead of to the end like it was before..

I have my queue organized by having all the tv shows first, then movies last. Now whenever i add a movie it always shows up in the front and i have to go in and manually edit my list.. -_-

Is there any way to change this?

jakncoke

Banned
Great news fellow League fans - season 4 was just added!

Update - 9/3/13

U.S.
The League: Season 4
Bomb Girls: Sesason 2
Tenchi Muyo GXP
Apollo 18
Resolution
Most Valuable Players
Pinky Dinky Doo: Season 1
Higanjima

Canada
AE: Apocalypse Earth
Tenchi Muyo GXP
Venus and Serena
Elephants Dream
Higanjima
Bucky Larson: Born to be a Star

Apollo 18 shouldnt be bolded. Its fucking terrible lol

Update 2 for 9/3

Canada
Resolution
Most Valuable Players
Broadcast News

Apollo 18 shouldnt be bolded. Its fucking terrible lol

I don't bold based on quality. Its based on notoriety or freshness of the item. A movie that just came out recently and did decent at the box office is worthy of a bold.

DagsJT

It's one of my wife's favourite shows and she hasn't got a clue about American Football. If anything, the emphasis moves away from sport as the show goes on. Great show.

Jag

Very excited for Quadrophenia.

Just watched Dredd. Better than I expected. Never saw the Stallone one.

zou

The subtitles on IT Crows are hilarious. If you're having problems with BE, they aren't going to be much help at all. Anything that's hard to understand is either wrong or (inaudible).

slit

Been watching Sons of Anarchy and I am up to the begining of season 4. Man that show is good, but does it get better, worse, or stay about the same in quality? I don't want to go into the SOA thread for fear of spoilers.

Been watching Sons of Anarchy and I am up to the begining of season 4. Man that show is good, but does it get better, worse, or stay about the same in quality? I don't want to go into the SOA thread for fear of spoilers.

It pretty much stays the same. I've enjoyed the entire thing thus far.

andycapps

I'm not sure if it gets better, but I think it's still pretty awesome. So the same, I guess.

BFIB

Avoid the new season thread until you're caught up. Season 5 is good, not near the quality of 2 though. Ending is a bit dull, but the lead up to the end of the season is fantastic.

slit

It pretty much stays the same. I've enjoyed the entire thing thus far.

I'm not sure if it gets better, but I think it's still pretty awesome. So the same, I guess.

Avoid the new season thread until you're caught up. Season 5 is good, not near the quality of 2 though. Ending is a bit dull, but the lead up to the end of the season is fantastic.

Cool. A lot of good shows tend to start puttering out around the point where I'm at now. So it sounds like it at least stays around the same as far as quality.

Cool. A lot of good shows tend to start puttering out around the point where I'm at now. So it sounds like it at least stays around the same as far as quality.

They really do. The sweet spot for most shows is 3-5 seasons. I've found that most that go beyond that have to resort to ridiculous crap to keep the story interesting. It would be better if they got in, told their piece, and left it at that. I'm looking right at you Weeds, Dexter, and True Blood.

It's what I really liked about The Tudors. Another season of it would have probably ruined it. It ended in a satisfactory way for me and never got to a point of stupidity. Spartacus was the same. They had a story, they told it, and then it was done.

jakncoke

Banned
Update 2 for 9/3

Canada
Resolution
Most Valuable Players
Broadcast News

I don't bold based on quality. Its based on notoriety or freshness of the item. A movie that just came out recently and did decent at the box office is worthy of a bold.

Gotcha

Also we havent let the the google list thing of expiration die already have we? I added Infested last night and noticed no one had added anything else after September 2nd

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
They really do. The sweet spot for most shows is 3-5 seasons. I've found that most that go beyond that have to resort to ridiculous crap to keep the story interesting. It would be better if they got in, told their piece, and left it at that. I'm looking right at you Weeds, Dexter, and True Blood.

It's what I really liked about The Tudors. Another season of it would have probably ruined it. It ended in a satisfactory way for me and never got to a point of stupidity. Spartacus was the same. They had a story, they told it, and then it was done.

Mad Men says hi.

I still need to watch the last 2 episodes of season 6, never got around to watching them when they aired.

Gotcha

Also we havent let the the google list thing of expiration die already have we? I added Infested last night and noticed no one had added anything else after September 2nd

The Google thing hasn't died, its that there are only three people that have given GK86 their emails. So the GAFers in the thread have to look to their queues in order for people with access to update the list

jakncoke

Banned
I didnt know how to make my entry blue or bigger text lol. Also dont know how every wants to do with past expired titles and what not.

JLG-

I also just got into Sons of Anarchy. blew through the first 2 seasons. Season 2 was awesome and i was pleasantly surprised too see
Henry Rollins
on the show. Big fan.

Top Bottom