• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Cosmos is expiring on the 1st as well. If you can marathon through it, I highly recommend it. Carl Sagan magnus opus as a science teacher. All of it still relevant today, and in some ways it is highly prophetic about the times we live and where humanity is headed.

FYC

Banned
I watched Prison Break S1. Incredibly fun show. Highly recommend it, just read about the other seasons for a laugh.

jakncoke

Banned
Season 1 was great, but then it got silly.

Yeah it wears thin, i think i quit at s3 beginningn
you can only kill so many of the characters before it becomes boring!!

edit: looks like someone will have to step up for at least the next month maybe more on updating

edit2 ; Random Picks is nice little thing for instant watch now. helps for discovering things that dont show up on the other rec lists that i get

edit3 ; lol what kind of deal they got for saved by the bell seems every other eps is not available

I checked out My Awkward Sexual Adventure. I think it's supposed to be a comedy movie but, it really isn't all that funny. I would not recommend this.

Bummer at GK86, he was boss in this thread. Hopefully it's temporary.

Yeah, i have S1 on blu-ray, the rest of the show does not exist to me. It ended with
them escaping and living happy free lives, just like Shawshank Redemption.

Yeah it wears thin, i think i quit at s3 beginningn
you can only kill so many of the characters before it becomes boring!!

edit: looks like someone will have to step up for at least the next month maybe more on updating

edit2 ; Random Picks is nice little thing for instant watch now. helps for discovering things that dont show up on the other rec lists that i get

edit3 ; lol what kind of deal they got for saved by the bell seems every other eps is not available
S1 was so good, but it really started going down hill later seasons

FYC

Banned
So I read this Prison Break spoiler in another thread, do I have it right?

Sarah is decapitated and her head put in a box for one of the main characters to find, and the only reason she was killed was because the actress was pregnant. But the writers gave into fan outrage, so later on, Sarah was apparently un-decapitated, and the main characters realize they mistook someone else's head in a box for hers!

One of the funniest things I have ever read. My god.

Update while GK86 is out (he'll be gone for 2 weeks)

U.S.
Crazy Kind of Love
Depressed after getting dumped by her husband, a mother re-evaluates her life by way of observing her two sons as they come of age. When romance blossoms between one of her sons and the girl next door, she realizes the key to her happiness.

Canada
The Adventures of Mickey Matson and the Copperhead Treasure
Unraveling clues left by his late grandfather, teenager Mickey Matson and his friends embark on a perilous journey in search of three magical objects that could change the Civil War's outcome if they fall into the hands of an evil cabal.

Groupie
A year after inadvertently causing a deadly accident, hard rockers The Dark Knights return for a comeback tour, but lead singer Travis is reluctant to reprise a fiery stunt ... until he finds inspiration in a mysterious groupie named Riley.

Symphonia

Banned
So I just watched the pilot for Revolution. It's pretty good stuff. Not on par with the likes of Lost but it's certainly watchable. I've found my new series to watch, anyhow.

Update - 8/31/13

U.S.
Elephants Dream 8 Hour
Tai Chi Hero
The Brass Teapot <-- For SNL / Comedy Bang Bang fans, this is Bobby Moynihan's new movie
Once Upon a Time Season 2
Revenge Season 2
A Gang Story
War of the Buttons
A Place at the Table
California Solo
My Worst Nightmare
The Possession
The Juche Idea
Miss Marple Collection 2
Flanders
The Monastery: Mr Vig and the Nun
The Last Man

Canada
Elephants Dream 8 Hour
As Luck Would Have It

Just saw Dredd.
I can see how this was one of the lowest grossing films of the past decade!

Sets & visual effects that looked bad even for cable TV, laughable 3D scenes, no presence of the main character & a story that was essentially one segment of a C.O.P.S TV show.

The Stallone Dredd was bad, but it least it felt like it belong in a movie theater & not direct to DVD.

Just saw Dredd.

Sets & visual effects that looked bad even for cable TV, laughable 3D scenes, no presence of the main character & a story that was essentially one segment of a C.O.P.S TV show.

The Stallone Dredd was bad, but it least it felt like it belong in a movie theater & not direct to DVD.

My man.

RBH

buried-alive-325x337.jpg

Taking another page out of the HBO playbook, Netflix has signed a deal to bring Aziz Ansari’s “Buried Alive” comedy special to the streaming video service first. As detailed by the New York Times, Netflix is taking a stronger position in the comedy world with the recent Netflix-exclusive comedy specials from John Hodgman, Brian Posehn and Mike Birbiglia. In addition to the November release of Ansari’s special, Netflix is also working with comics Marc Maron and Kathleen Madigan to bring two more comedy specials to Netflix Instant.

Aziz Ansari certainly isn’t a stranger to digital distribution as a platform for video delivery. Last year, Ansari put his comedy special “Dangerously Delicious” on his personal website and charged users $5 to download a DRM-free copy of his comedy special. Ansari was basically following the lead of comics Louis C.K. and Jim Gaffigan in that regard.

Ansari does plan to release ”Buried Alive” for the same $5 download fee, but only after Netflix has had a chance to debut the comedy special on the Netflix Instant service. Netflix also plans to spend money on a promotional campaign to go along with the comedy special, likely similar to the advertising campaign that promoted the fourth season of Arrested Development.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/netflix-lands-comedy-exclusive-deal-with-aziz-ansari/

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just saw Dredd.

Funny, I just watched it last night and thought pretty much the opposite. Loved it. I liked how focused and generally unlike a superhero movie it was, just action and Dredd being a hardass.

The lack of arc for Dredd didn't bother me, in fact I liked how they didn't give a fuck, suited the character more, and I liked how they switched that function of the story over to Anderson.

The slow mo stuff was great too, really unexpectedly beautiful, and the use of time stretched audio was a really neat touch.

The only thing that bothered me was there was this occasional blur to it, like there were frames missing (similar to the cutscenes in MGS2). I have no idea what that was, and it was really distracting. But other than that I had a great time with it. More please.

The PS3 app has been a bit screwy ever since the My List update. When I remove something the whole list disappears. First time it happened I had a look of terror on my face, but the actual list isn't being deleted. When I reload the app everything is back to normal.

vazel

Banned
Dredd seemed like a side story to me but I still liked it. I understand they probably felt they were limited by their budget but I still wish they had tried for a more 'grander' story.

I haven't read this story arc yet but Terror and Total War sounds like a good story they should've adapted into the film. Terrorists try to restore democracy and it also apparently has some background on Judge Dredd. There are no zany things like Judge Death or aliens to drive up production costs.

Update - 9/1/13

U.S.
WWE: The Top 25 Rivalries in Wrestling History
The Case for Israel: Democracy's Outpost
Oggy and the Cockroaches
Zig & Sharko
Great Decisions in Foreign Policy
Iliza Shlesinger: War Paint
Gary Gulman: In This Economy?
Aaron Karo: The Rest is History
Nick Cannon: Mr. Showbiz
Josh Blue: Sticky Change
Kevin Nealon: Whelmed, But Not Overly
Cleaver Family Reunion
Blood Runs Cold
White T
Black Eagle
Grey's Anatomy: Season 9
Portlandia: Season 3

Electrick Children
Arcadia
Terror Tract
Undercover Boss
The 4400
Le Quattro Volte
200 Motels
The Final
The Reeds
Kill Theory
Dread
The Graves
Unstable Fables: Goldilocks and the 3 Bears
The Nude Bomb
American Son
There Will Be Blood
Casper's Scare School
Penny Dreadful
Unrest
The Hamiltons
Get Rich or Die Tryin
Bad Girls From Valley High
The People Under the Stairs
Open Water
50 First Dates
Nighthawks
Breakin' All the Rules
McHale's Navy
DysFunktional Family
The Core
A Guy Thing
The Shipping News
Zoolander
The Purple Rose of Cairo
The Seven Year Itch
Saturday Night Fever
Quadrophenia
Doctor Dolittle

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
Frenzy
Men in Black
Six Degrees of Separation
Requiem for a Dream
Dudley Do-Right
Flesh for Frankenstein
Blood for Dracula
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Godzilla vs Mothra
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Jade

Canada
The Case for Israel: Democracy's Outpost
The LXD: The Rise of the Drifts
Great Decisions in Foreign Policy
Zig & Sharko
Without Shepherds
Out of the Ashes
Terms and Conditions May Apply
Iliza Shlesinger: War Paint
Tron: Uprising
Littlest Pet Shop
16 Acres
Plankton Invasion
Hitchcock
Community: Season 4

Parental Guidance
Decoding Deepak
Eliot Kid
Skunk Fu
Skins: Vol 6
Beyblade: Metal Fusion
Dolphin Tale
Final Destination 5
House of Lies
The Hangover: Part II
Weeds: Season 5

Crazy, Stupid, Love
Sergio
The English Surgeon
Casper's Scare School
Do Not Disturb
Failure to Launch
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Major League

How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days
The Four Feathers
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Breakdown
Antz

4400 was a good, but not great, sci fi show. Recommended for those needing a fix.

And Nighthawks was an underrated lil film of Stallone's. Recommended as well.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Some pretty good US adds today.

Thanks for filling in for GK86, Maklershed.

TCRS

Banned
Looks like the Nolan Batman Trilogy has been removed :(

EDIT:

No, they're not. Hola hadn't worked it's magic, but it's fixed now.

which netflix?

and wasn't there a website where you could search for movies across all netflixs of every country where it is available?

Top Bottom