• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Update - 9/5/13

U.S.
Parker <-- wasn't this just out in theaters?
Safe Haven

Canada.
Unraveled
The New Year
John Caparulo: Come Inside Me
The Marine 3: Homefront
Nesting
King Kelly

I watched The Caller last night, because the horror section is so bare it's one of the few last ones I haven't seen.

It was okay...great cinematography and a really well-crafted aural atmosphere, but not very scary and ended up being more sci-fi than horror. The lead actress is really pretty.

Anth1888

Looks like Netflix US is about to add Season 3 of the The Walking Dead as the title image has changed -
now shows the prison from Season 3 instead of the farm.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Netflix US is about to add Season 3 of the The Walking Dead as the title image has changed -
now shows the prison from Season 3 instead of the farm.

AMC usually only adds the latest season of their show two weeks before a new season airs.

jakncoke

Banned
Update - 9/5/13

U.S.
Parker <-- wasn't this just out in theaters?
Safe Haven

Canada.
Unraveled
The New Year
The Marine 3: Homefront
Nesting
King Kelly

late january. it was average

Tom Rhodes: light sweet crude is a pretty funny stand up

Opiate

I'm seeing most of Netflix's new movies expiring in 25 years. Is that a typo, or are they moving towards longer term contracts for their material? 25 years is, for all intents and purposes, forever, barring some sort of calamitous collapse.

I'm seeing most of Netflix's new movies expiring in 25 years. Is that a typo, or are they moving towards longer term contracts for their material? 25 years is, for all intents and purposes, forever, barring some sort of calamitous collapse.

From the original programming and the way they've been aiming with advertising, I think they're trying to make their selection more reliable and known. They got along okay for a while with the "tons of crap including the garbage can" approach but I think they want to change it.

Update - 9/6/13

U.S.
She Wants Me
Gabe the Cupid Dog
Absence
Jim Breuer: And Laughter for All
Night Vision
American Mary
Aftershock
To the Wonder
Brawler
Blood Money
Nesting
We the Party
King Kelly
Unraveled
The Big Fix
The New Year

Canada
Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away

jakncoke

Banned

Pretty sure they changed their back end so that no one knows when anything expires till its going to expire a month or 2 weeks from happening. The whole 25/36 year thing was just a default thing iirc

I watched The Possession last night. If you're looking for a good supernatural/horror flick it's a good choice.

Is that the one
Where they bring in a reporter and cameraman and it's all filmed through that one camera? Theres some ritual at the end and everyone dies?

If it's that one I thought it was absolutely awful. Might be thinking of another one though.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Saw "The High Cost of Living" starting Zach Braff.
Hmmm. Don't know what to think. It was interesting, and by the end of it you want to know what's going to happen, but it's not a great movie.
3/5 stars

adg1034

As a heads-up, The Good Wife S4 is now available for Amazon Prime members. ...and now I have to remember everything that happened in S3.

Is that the one
Where they bring in a reporter and cameraman and it's all filmed through that one camera? Theres some ritual at the end and everyone dies?

If it's that one I thought it was absolutely awful. Might be thinking of another one though.

No. It's not that. It's about
a young girl who finds a box with a demon in it and it possesses her.
It's not a single camera, trying to be real life perspective. It's what I call an actual movie. One where it's a story being told with professional camera work and all of the goodies.

No. It's not that. It's about
a young girl who finds a box with a demon in it and it possesses her.
It's not a single camera, trying to be real life perspective. It's what I call an actual movie. One where it's a story being told with professional camera work and all of the goodies.

ooooooh yeah, that one. Yeah I enjoyed that.

Symphonia

Banned
Crap.

The second HALF of the first season is much better. I hate these stupid in season breaks that are the norm now.
I'm not sure where the mid-season break occured but I just hit the episode where
Miles and the others finally manage to get to where Matherson is holding Rachel and Danny and break them out, only to be confronted by a chopper - meaning that Matherson finally has a fully-working amplifier
. If that is the break, then I concur, the second half is better in terms of action - but I've loved every episode so far.

Although
Danny dying did piss me off. They spent ten episodes walking 1000 miles to save him just to see him killed one episode later
. I raged hard.

Jimothy

Not on Netflix but whatever, I've been watching Suits on Amazon Prime and it's a lot better than I was expecting. It's not groundbreaking drama but it's really fun to watch.

Kaladin

The final episodes aren't on Netflix yet, but damn Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is everything you'd want in that series. Perfect conclusion. 10/10

LakeEarth

Stupidly bumped the other thread, had a question.

Hey guys, A month back saw that Netflix added a 3D option for some movies, tried it it out and it worked. Today, I wanted to quickly show it to somebody and now it won't work, it just displays normally (tried 3D Dive, and a few other options). You guys have any idea how I can get it to work again? I was able to get my 3D games to work without issue.

EDIT - best guess is my ISP is not allowing it for now. I dunno when it changed, it used to work.

mhayze

Don't know if this is the right thread for a Hulu recommendation, but I just finished watching the 6 episode BBC series "Moone Boy" on Hulu and it was really awesome. About a kid growing up in Ireland in the late 80s, still seeing his imaginary friend. Very very cool, and very far from anything on US broadcast.
lIMsY2q.jpg

LakeEarth

Community Season 4 is no longer on Canadian Netflix. I dunno what happened, but it only goes to season 3 now. It lasted about a week.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't know if this is the right thread for a Hulu recommendation, but I just finished watching the 6 episode BBC series "Moone Boy" on Hulu and it was really awesome. About a kid growing up in Ireland in the late 80s, still seeing his imaginary friend. Very very cool, and very far from anything on US broadcast.
lIMsY2q.jpg

Actually watched this myself a few weeks ago, second the recommendation.

I would also definitely recommend the show Pramface on Hulu, it's a British black comedy about two teenager who end up having a kid together after a one-night-stand. Very funny.

Dragon

Banned
Wow is Tron Legacy pulled from Scandinavia? How disappointing. The movie makes no sense and seeing digital Jeff Bridges is weird but man the special effects and music make me want to watch it again.

Update - 9/10/13

U.S.
Dutch Influence
Category 8
Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Bitty Adventures
Black Butler: Season 2
Strawberry Shortcake: The Sweet Dreams Movie
Leroy & Stitch
Kronk's New Groove
Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
Stitch! The Movie
Lilo & Stitch
The Emporer's New Groove

Canada
Strange Frame
Tent City, USA
Welcome to Pine Hill
Becoming Chaz

9/9
Dutch Influence
Cleaver Family Reunion
Black Butler: Season 2
Strawberry Shortcake: The Sweet Dreams Movie

Omiee

guys i cant begin to explain how happy i am that netflix is now supported in the netherlands.

I have signed up and have a question. Will i be able to use it on my ps3? I am not at home so i cant check.

guys i cant begin to explain how happy i am that netflix is now supported in the netherlands.

I have signed up and have a question. Will i be able to use it on my ps3? I am not at home so i cant check.

Different regions have access to different apps so I can't say for sure but I believe most, if not all, regions have a Netflix app.

Aiii

So not worth it
Netflix Netherlands has launched today at midnight (local time). Shouldn't be too long hopefully until you can reach it via http://unblock-us.com

Just took a quick browse through it, don't know what's available where, but for the first day there seems to be alot of content already available. Loads of TV shows as always, a ton of movies. Not to bad. Tried about 10 movies, all of them had the option to turn the subtitles off.

Update - 9/11/13

U.S.
Kathleen Madigan: Madigan Again
Rules of Engagement: Season 7
Lizzie
100 Below Zero
Army Wives: Season 7
Strange Frame
Radio Unmadeable
Tent City, USA
War Witch
Welcome to Pine Hill
Ghanchakkar
Becoming Chaz

I watched American Mary last night. I would recommend it if you're into a movie about a girl who does body modification going crazy. It's not what you think but, that is what it is about in a sense.

american-mary-frightfest-presents-poster-600x450.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
That big section where they show off like 5 things right above your top 10 recommended thing that came like last week is super annoying

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Holy crap, finally free. :)

A big, big thanks to Maklershed for taking over the reigns. Much appreciated dude.

And thank you guys for the love.

LOST seems to have disappeared from UK Netflix. No big, erm... loss... but I was sort of tempted to try and watch it all again. I can never last more than Season 1 though.

Aiii

So not worth it
http://www.unblock-us.com/ has added Netherlands to their regions, so you can now also browse Dutch Netflix.

My first recommendation to watch there, if you haven't seen it yet, is Orphan Black. (Trailer) (Thread).

My second recommendation, also unique for NL so far, is the show Pramface. Talked about it on the previous page I think. Great English black comedy about two teenagers who end up having a kid together after a one night stand. (trailer)

Top Bottom