• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Prozac Nation is a fairly decent representation of what it's like to struggle with depression. It's also a good movie. Christina Ricci does a pretty solid job in her role.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty goddamn crappy documentary/
A documentary that is supposed to tell the origins of the Bloods & Crips & does nothing of the sort.
It basically starts taking about how there were small crews in the '60s & how they were formed & then starts talking about how bad drugs & poverty. Then bam, fast forward to the late '80s-'90s & they tell nothing on how they were formed.

I watched it too and I did enjoy it, but at the same time, it wasn't what was advertised at all.

Nyx

I watched it too and I did enjoy it, but at the same time, it wasn't what was advertised at all.

I see what you and See You Next Wednesday mean, but me and my GF still thought it was great.

Spent some more time on Netflix last weekend:

- Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

It was very nice to see this movie again, in HD.
Loved it still even though it's 25 years old.

- Russia's Toughest Prisons

Nat Geo doc about well, Russian prisons.
Was ok, especially the cannibal dude who told his cannibal story while laughing was scary, and dat regime, damn!

- The Human Centipede

Heard so much about this movie but never watched it, now I did and well, it ain't bad for a horror flick, but it IS very weird haha.

LakeEarth

Men in Black 1 is on US Netflix. Has it been on there for a while? I don't remember seeing it before this weekend, but it didn't show up in any "What's New On Netflix" lists. It is one of those movies that I would've noticed, but all signs point to it already being there.

Wag

Just watched Tai-Chi Zero then Tai-Chi Hero. Two pretty good movies (really one long movie). Lots of fun. Worth a shot.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This show is wrong on so many levels, but it's hilarious! I don't know why I waited this long to watch it.

jakncoke

Banned
The up series is up, and if they didnt taken down 56 up. That should mean in its entirety too. Recommend that to anyone who hasnt given it a go. Very fascinating.

Highly recommend Simon Killer and Something in the Air, which both just hit U.S. Also heard good things about Gimme the Loot, Poetry and Somebody Up There Likes Me.

Kaladin

Fringe season 5 is pretty damn good. I like where they are taking the show.

It just feels like you miss about 3 or 4 episodes when the season first starts. I had to go back and read the season 4 finale synopsis to make sure I hadn't forgot anything.

I think they want you to experience the same kind of disconnect that the main cast does with this new world, and if that is the reasoning, it worked because it's kind of a WTF moment for the first episode or so.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today (and yesterday)

65_RedRoses (Documentary, Biographical/ Eva Markvoort)
Bob Saget: That's What I'm Talkin' About (Stand-up)
Call the Midwife: Series 2 (TV, Drama, Medical)
Chicago Overcoat (Action, Mobster, Thriller)
Critical Care (Comedy)
Crime After Crime (Documentary, Biographical/Deborah Peagler)
Gimme the Loot (Indie, Crime, Drama)
Hank: Five Years from the Brink (Documentary, Biographical/Ex-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson)
Hating Breitbart (Documentary, Biographical/Andrew Breitbart)
Love Actually (Romantic, Comedy)
Masquerade (Drama, Foreign/Korean)
New Girl: Season 2 (TV, Comedy)
Paranormal Asylum (Horror)
Simon Killer (Indie, Drama)
Somebody Up There Likes Me (Indie, Comedy)
The Kids Are All Right (Indie, Gay/Lesbain, Comedy)
The Mole Man of Belmont Avenue (Comedy, Horror)
The Wise Kids (Drama, Gay/Lesbian, Indie)
Welcome to the NHK (Anime, Comedy, Drama)
Yossi (Drama, Gay/Lesbian, Foreign)

Canada:

49 Up (TV, Documentary, Social)
65_RedRoses (Documentary, Biographical/ Eva Markvoort)
Crime After Crime (Documentary, Biographical/Deborah Peagler)
Hank: Five Years from the Brink (Documentary, Biographical/Ex-Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson)
Somebody Up There Likes Me (Indie, Comedy)
The Jungle Book (2010, Family, Adventure)
The Wise Kids (Drama, Gay/Lesbian, Indie)
Welcome to the NHK (Anime, Comedy, Drama)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you like anime at all watch Welcome to the NHK. Funny, depressing, uplifting, powerful. Has a world class dub as well. Highly recommended.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have been watching Derek. I'm liking it. First episode was bad, but picks it after that. The people saying Ricky is (kinda) annoying and that Kev is the man, are spot on.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah? Because yeah the pilot is awful

Yeah, pilot was terrible. Definitely has its hilarious moments as well as its heart felt one. Derek (the character) can be cringe worthy at times, but what makes the show for me, are the supporting characters. If you don't like them, then you should probably skip it.

Although, its only 7(mistaken before) episodes at 23(ish) mins a pop. Its a quick watch. I'm already at the final one.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah, pilot was terrible. Definitely has its hilarious moments as well as its heart felt one. Derek (the character) can be cringe worthy at times, but what makes the show for me, are the supporting characters. If you don't like them, then you should probably skip it.

Although, its only 12 episodes at 23(ish) mins a pop. Its a quick watch. I'm already at the final one.

12? wut i see 7

Speaking of supporting characters, that handyman is the guy from An Idiot Abroad, I watched the 1st season back when it just came out. Netflix should get all 4 seasons for usa

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey (Documentary, Biographical/Arnel Pineda)
Kidnap (Thriller, Crime, Bollywood)
La Sirga (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
Shadow Dancer (Thriller)
Sherri Shepherd: It's My Time to Talk (Stand-up)
Side Effects (Thriller)

jakncoke

Banned
You guys ever wonder if you'll run out of content to watch? Like not like omg every thing is shit nothing to watch. But literal sense of wow ive seen everything on here at least once even rewatching things i seen on other platforms. Or am I the only one here that watches like 8 hours a day of instant watch :p

Kaladin

You guys ever wonder if you'll run out of content to watch? Like not like omg every thing is shit nothing to watch. But literal sense of wow ive seen everything on here at least once even rewatching things i seen on other platforms. Or am I the only one here that watches like 8 hours a day of instant watch :p

I maybe only watch one or two things a night....and it's not always on Netflix so I doubt I'll ever run out of content totally.

The former, yes. The latter, no. I don't watch things just to watch them.

I definitely feel this way with marathoning TV shows. I watch all the good stuff first - BSG, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead, Fringe, Justified (Amazon), Luther, etc. - and then I'm left with mediocre crap or have to wait a year or more for the next season.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Blue Valentine was a sad movie. Great movie, but so sad.

Before unblock, yes. I had watched all the good shows. And like teruterubozu, I was waiting on the new seasons to hit.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah that really annoyed me too. Everyone is perfectly groomed wearing beautiful, tailored leather jackets and designer jeans. And all the locations are too "set" like. You can tell you're watching people on a back lot somewhere. I wish they had the budget to do the show on location. And as a resident of Pennsylvania, it also takes me out of it to see them in woods that are clearly not PA. Its all sage brush and pines .. 90% of the woods here are deciduous trees.
The characters do look too groomed to have us believe they've been surviving for fifteen years without power. That's the only thing they need to fix - well, that and Aaron's actor's acting. He was the one character who really annoyed me. Other than that, Revolution is a pretty enjoyable show. I'm looking forward to the second season.

Top Bottom