• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Since this is a recommendation thread, I'm recommending These Amazing Shadows, a documentary on the National Film Registry, and the movies in them.

The new season is already up. Usually 4 or 5 in the morning.

checks netflix*
Tumblr_static_andrew.gif

Continuum Season 2 is up.

Is Firefly worth watching these days? Never watched it and wondering if it's aged well.

I gave it an honest scout's try cuz I wanted to watch Serenity with the proper background. I stopped around 5 episodes - I just couldn't get into the characters.

Wag

Welcome to the NHK is both subbed and dubbed, the first anime title I've seen on Netflix streaming to offer this feature. Maybe Netflix is catching on?

Kaladin

Seriously....

Watch Continuum if you haven't. It's quietly one of the best sci-fi series on TV. I got the new episodes on Amazon Instant as they aired....not regretting it at all.

Kaladin

I have to finish season one still, but I agree that it is underrated.

How is season 2?

Just as good as 1...the show doesn't miss a beat. If anything, it might be in danger of overcomplicating the plot....but it's a time travel show...don't you expect that?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just as good as 1...the show doesn't miss a beat. If anything, it might be in danger of overcomplicating the plot....but it's a time travel show...don't you expect that?

Very good to hear. I don't mind the over complication of the plot. Comes with the territory when you are dealing with time travel.

Do they spend a bit more time in the future? My only complaint thus far is I want to see more of the future world.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Welcome to the NHK is both subbed and dubbed, the first anime title I've seen on Netflix streaming to offer this feature. Maybe Netflix is catching on?

A lot of the recent ones are like this if they are from Funimation. Viz releases are always sub only.

NHK has one of the best dubs ever so I'm glad as hell that it is on here.

Wag

I watched Black Lightning based on the Netflix reviews (4 stars) and it was total shit. I mean it was a really well produced Russian superhero movie, but it was clearly a rip-off of Spiderman (with a little Iron Man thrown into the mix). Hard to believe it got such good reviews (even gets good reviews on Amazon).

Nyx

Seen The ABCs of Death yesterday, what the hell did I just watch?

So many WTFs lol
But of the 26 small movies, only a few were good.

Kaladin

Very good to hear. I don't mind the over complication of the plot. Comes with the territory when you are dealing with time travel.

Do they spend a bit more time in the future? My only complaint thus far is I want to see more of the future world.

Yeah, you get more future stuff in this season....it's a good thing.

I'm trying to get into Jericho but, it's not clicking for me. I'm only 3 episodes in.

It's almost too melodramatic for me or something. I feel like I'm watching a soap opera with the acting and the corny background music behind every event, regardless of how serious it is. It's like the show is trying to hard too make me feel something for the characters.

Does it get better?

Coop

I'm trying to get into Jericho but, it's not clicking for me. I'm only 3 episodes in.

It's almost too melodramatic for me or something. I feel like I'm watching a soap opera with the acting and the corny background music behind every event, regardless of how serious it is. It's like the show is trying to hard too make me feel something for the characters.

Does it get better?

I tried watching this recently and gave up after six episodes. I don't get the hype

Kaladin

The thing about Jericho is you have to remember is that it's a CBS series and they're a family orientated station....or at least were at the time (not sure if they still are).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Have there been any indications yet about when we can expect the second half of season 5 for Breaking Bad?

Probably when they are done milking the final season on DVD/BR and then the box collection.

Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I would shell out the $5 and watch them on the UK flix. Well worth it because S5 pt2 is really great.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

An Unlikely Weapon: The Eddie Adams Story (Documentary, Biographical)
Comic Book Men: Season 2 (TV, Reality)
Continuum: Season 2 (TV, SciFi)
Mimic 2: Hardshell (Horror)
The Walking Dead Season 3 (TV, Action, Drama)

Canada:

.hack//Quantum OVA (Anime)
Anjelah Johnson: That's How We Do It (Standup)
Blade of the Phantom Master: Shin Angyo Onshi (Anime)
Californication: Season 4 (TV, Drama, Comedy)
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Action, SciFi)
Jack Reacher (Action, SciFi)
Once Upon a Time (TV, Drama, SciFi)
Revenge (TV, Drama)
Russell Peters: Outsourced (Standup)
The Walking Dead: Season 3 (TV, Action, Drama)
United States of Tara: Season 3 (TV, Drama, Comedy)

Got caught up, forgot to post the update. Posted Continuum and TWD for those who might have missed it.

bkw

Oh yes, Hansel & Gretel. I don't know why I was waiting for that to appear on Netflix, but I'm happy that it's up. Trailer made it look bad, but in a good because it's bad way.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oh yes, Hansel & Gretel. I don't know why I was waiting for that to appear on Netflix, but I'm happy that it's up. Trailer made it look bad, but in a good because it's bad way.

I hear you. It looked like a decent movie. Not the type I would shell out for at the theaters, but something I would watch as a rental or lazy sunday movie on tv. Checking out this and Jack Reacher.

RBH

Starting Tuesday, Oct. 1, Netflix will stream the final seasons of two of NBC’s past comedy hits: “The Office” season 9, featuring the last shenanigans of the Dunder Mifflin gang; and “30 Rock” season 7, starring Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin.

All told, Netflix will offer via instant streaming 192 eps of “The Office” and 135 eps of “30 Rock,” representing the entire runs of both skeins.

Netflix also Tuesday will start streaming last year’s seasons of two NBC returning shows: “Parks and Recreation” season 5 and “Parenthood” season 4.

NBCUniversal cut a renewal with Netflix in 2011, which guaranteed Netflix would have access to future seasons of certain shows.

Meanwhile, the first 20-episode season of J.J. Abrams’ “Revolution” already has been streaming on Netflix through a pact with Warner Bros. Television Group. Season 2 of “Revolution” premiered last week on NBC.
http://variety.com/2013/digital/new...-seasons-other-nbc-shows-on-oct-1-1200682400/

RBH

October 1st

‘Beyond Borders’ (2003) — Starring Angelina Jolie, Clive Owen, and Linus Roache. A woman embarks on a journey of self-discovery involving danger and heartbreak.

‘Body of Evidence’ (1993) — Starring Madonna, Willem Dafoe, and Joe Mantegna. A woman is accused of killing a man to inherit his millions by having sex with him.

‘Congo’ (1995) — Starring Laura Linney, Tim Curry, and Dylan Walsh. When an expedition to the African Congo ends in disaster, a new team is assembled to find out what went wrong.

‘Forrest Gump’ (1994) — Starring Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, and Gary Sinise. Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny Curran, eludes him.

‘Ghostbusters’ (1984) — Starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Ramis. Three unemployed parapsychology professors set up shop as a unique ghost removal service.

‘The Great Train Robbery’ (1978) — Starring Donald Sutherland, Sean Connery, and Lesley-Anne Down. In Victorian England, a master criminal makes elaborate plans to steal a shipment of gold from a moving train.

‘The Italian Job’ (2003) — Starring Mark Wahlberg, Edward Norton, and Charlize Theron. After being betrayed and left for dead in Italy, Charlie Croker and his team plan an elaborate gold heist against their former ally.

‘Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels’ (1998) — Starring Jason Flemyng, Dexter Fletcher, and Nick Moran. A botched card game in London triggers four friends, thugs, weed-growers, hard gangsters, loan sharks and debt collectors to collide with each other in a series of unexpected events, all for the sake of weed, cash and two antique shotguns.

‘Mansfield Park’ (1999) — Starring Frances O’Connor, Jonny Lee Miller, and Alessandro Nivola. A poor young woman goes to live with her wealthy relatives. As she comes of age, she must reconcile her ideals with the possibility of romance.

‘Monica and David’ (2009) – Explores the marriage the marriage of a young couple with Down syndrome, and the family who strives to support their needs.

‘Resident Evil’ (2002) — Starring Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez. A special military unit fights a powerful, out-of-control supercomputer and hundreds of scientists who have mutated into flesh-eating creatures after a laboratory accident.

‘Return to Me’ (2000) — Starring David Duchovny, Minnie Driver, and Carroll O’Connor. A man who falls in love with the woman who received his wife’s heart must decide which woman it is who holds his heart.

‘Tadpole’ (2000) — Starring Sigourney Weaver, Aaron Stanford, and Kate Mara. Coming-of-age story about a 15-year-old boy, Oscar, who falls in love with his stepmother, Eve.

‘Tsotsi’ (2005) — Starring Presley Chweneyagae, Mothusi Magano, and Israel Makoe. Six days in the violent life of a young Johannesburg gang leader.

http://screencrush.com/new-netflix-instant-movies-october-2013/

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, this is awesome. I've been watching 30 Rock on Netflix, and I've only got two episodes left in Season 6. Perfect timing for S7 to go up.

TCRS

Banned
yeees! I'm almost done with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, then I can finish both The Office and 30 Rock and watch the next season of Parks & Rec. And by then hopefully we'll have It's always sunny S8. My favourite comedy shows.

edit: season 8 is on netflix uk! awesome, guess I'll finish that first. But I'm really looking forward to The Office, I fucking love that show [S7]
even after Michael's departure

Hansel and Gretel is decent. I enjoyed it. I'm definitely checking out Jack Reacher and season four of Californication. Even though the show is pretty silly at this point it's still somewhat entertaining.

Also, if you get the chance, check out Dog Pound. I don't know if it was because I was really tired last night or what but, I thought it was fantastic.

Wag

I'll watch these movies just as long as they aren't cropped. And it seems like there's less of a chance of that happening on Netflix than there is on a channel like HBO (ie: ARGO). Sometimes stuff if cropped on Netflix and it pisses me off though.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Is it the Hollywood version or the knock-off that's been on US Netflix for awhile?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
30 ROCK YESSS!!! Been waiting for the next season for a loooong time.

And man, Netflix isn't messing around:

‘Beyond Borders’ (2003) — Starring Angelina Jolie, Clive Owen, and Linus Roache. A woman embarks on a journey of self-discovery involving danger and heartbreak.

‘Forrest Gump’ (1994) — Starring Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, and Gary Sinise. Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny Curran, eludes him.

‘Ghostbusters’ (1984) — Starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Ramis. Three unemployed parapsychology professors set up shop as a unique ghost removal service.

‘Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels’ (1998) — Starring Jason Flemyng, Dexter Fletcher, and Nick Moran. A botched card game in London triggers four friends, thugs, weed-growers, hard gangsters, loan sharks and debt collectors to collide with each other in a series of unexpected events, all for the sake of weed, cash and two antique shotguns.

‘Resident Evil’ (2002) — Starring Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez. A special military unit fights a powerful, out-of-control supercomputer and hundreds of scientists who have mutated into flesh-eating creatures after a laboratory accident.

Top Bottom