• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Évocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie (Documentary, Biographical)
Supernatural: Season 8 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
The Vampire Diaries: Season 4 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)

Canada:

Barney: Halloween Party/Furry Friends/ Everyone Is Special (TV, Kids)
Contagion (Action, Thriller)
Drake & Josh Go Hollywood (Family, Adventure)
Fanboy & Chum Chum (TV, Kids)
Greetings from the Shore (Romantic, Drama)
How I Met Your Mother: Season 8 (TV, Comedy, Sitcom)
iCarly: Season 3-4 (TV, Kids)
Kipper: Tiger Tales (TV, Kids)
Monster's Ball (Drama)
Night Watch (Thriller, Horror)
No Country for Old Men (Thriller)
Scary Movie 3 (Comedy, Satire)
SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 7 (TV, Kids)
The Vampire Diaries: Season 4 (TV, Drama)

statham

Added today:

Évocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie (Documentary, Biographical)
Supernatural: Season 8 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
The Vampire Diaries: Season 4 (TV, Drama, Fantasy)
)
Finally my wife can stop asking me if its been added yet.

TCRS

Banned
man I hate it when the pic for the next episode spoils the episode. I mean I kinda expected it but still, I don't actually want to know. I better not say which show or episode, could spoil it for other people.

Susurrus

On the Windows 8 app, anyone know how to clear off shows from the "continue watching" section? Sometimes I don't want to watch a show because I didn't like the first episode, but it is on there. Or in this case, the show is completed, w/ a bar all the way across on the last episode, but it is still on there. A bit irritating.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
You are most welcome!

BTW, everyone should watch Road House.

throat-rip-with-slow-mo-o.gif

YES. BEST MOVIE EVER

Aiii

So not worth it
So, after trying pretty much all the Netflix apps (iOS, Apple TV, PS3 and Wii U), now that SuperHD is available to all of them, the Wii U version is definitely superior. The gamepad really has it advantages with the touchscreen for easy searching and control. The remote iPad controls just annoyed me for the PS3, but the Wii U's are flawless. You even get miniatures when scrolling through a video. And you can switch easily between remote and TV viewing without buffering.

Only drawback so far is the series viewing, where just like the Apple TV it doesn't play through to the next episode automatically, but that's a small gripe really.

If the PS4 does the same thing with the Vita, allowing you to switch instantly with the remote screen for viewing, that would be great. My gamepad range is horrible, but with the Vita on Wifi. Oh my. Until then, the Wii U will be my preferred Netflix streaming device though.

jakncoke

Banned
Man there is a serious amount of things from Discovery that came on the 1st. wow. Not sure how much of it will actually be interesting but damn.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Cross posting from the halloween marathon thread.

I just got done watching "The Collector" (Canada). This was a fantastic film. The acting is a bit spotty, but you will forget about it because this will have you on the edge of your seat. It is more of a torture/slasher type of movie instead of jump scares. There will be lots of gore and blood. Highly recommend this movie.

element

Need more suggestions.

Just going to throw out some random ones. Some are guilty pleasures.

The Golden Child
Hachi: A Dog's Tale
Carrie
There Will Be Blood
I Saw the Devil
The Untouchables
Zodiac
The Score
Beverly Hills Cop
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Strange Days
Blackthorn
The Art of the Steal
Rosemary's Baby
Trading Places
The Best of Times
Coming to America
The Hunt for Red October
Kuffs

I just got done watching "The Collector" (Canada). This was a fantastic film. The acting is a bit spotty, but you will forget about it because this will have you on the edge of your seat. It is more of a torture/slasher type of movie instead of jump scares. There will be lots of gore and blood. Highly recommend this movie.

I think the sequel, The Collection, is also up and you should definitely see it if you enjoyed the first one. The Collection is to The Collector what Aliens was to Alien, bigger in scale and with more action.

Where is the halloween marathon thread?

jakncoke

Banned
Man my OCD is kicking into fifth gear. I have a OCD problem that if I watch something on Netflix, the whole bar has to be grey. This Ted Talks eps will not for the life of it self go full grey grrrr

amrod

Just saw US Netflix added some new ABC Family shows...

Melissa & Joey: Season 3
Baby Daddy: Season 2
The Fosters: Season 1
Twisted: Season 1
Power Rangers: Megaforce

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks, I sub'd.

I watched Rec 3: Genesis last night. It was pretty good. Does anyone know if I can find the first two on Netflix anywhere?

[REC] is in Mexico/Brazil. But if I remember correctly, they didn't have English subtitles(movie is in Spanish).

jvm

Gamasutra.
Anyone here in the US tried watching the Classic Doctor Who episodes? I thought I'd introduce my kids to classic Tom Baker (the stuff I grew up on, watching it mid-afternoon on Saturdays on PBS) but the framerate (or something) is terrible. The whole set looks that way.

I didn't recall it being like that when I tried some out a couple of years ago. :(

Riki

Anyone here in the US tried watching the Classic Doctor Who episodes? I thought I'd introduce my kids to classic Tom Baker (the stuff I grew up on, watching it mid-afternoon on Saturdays on PBS) but the framerate (or something) is terrible. The whole set looks that way.

I didn't recall it being like that when I tried some out a couple of years ago. :(
I was watching some a few weeks ago and it seemed fine to me.
Just disappointed it was only four episodes for each season.

Everything BBC looks like shite if you are sensitive to judder. Whatever conversion techniques they are using are terrible.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Shit. I was hoping it still had the English subs. Rec 3 is in Spanish as well. My Spanish is not good enough to not have subs on the movie.

Yeah man, I'm in the same boat lol. I was disappointed when I went to go watch it and it was subtitles in Spanish.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I was watching some a few weeks ago and it seemed fine to me.
Just disappointed it was only four episodes for each season.
Yeah, it would be awesome to have everything all in one place.

Everything BBC looks like shite if you are sensitive to judder. Whatever conversion techniques they are using are terrible.
I guess I'm sensitive? I showed my wife and she could see it easily as well. I wish there were a way to fix it. :(

Vyer

It's A Disaster was very amusing. A little nonsensical, but it was more about the ensemble interaction, which I enjoyed. David Cross and Julia Stiles in particular.

Eight friends meet for their monthly "couples brunch." But what starts as an impromptu therapy session / airing of domestic grievances takes a sudden, catastrophic turn when the city falls victim to a mysterious attack. Trapped in the house and unsure of their fates, these seemingly normal people become increasingly unhinged to hilarious, surprising, and revealing results.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's A Disaster was very amusing. A little nonsensical, but it was more about the ensemble interaction, which I enjoyed. David Cross and Julia Stiles in particular.

Yeah, fun quirky film, definitely recommended.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont know why I let myself get into reality shows seeing they are fake and set up and what not. Bering Sea Gold is the latest ha

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I dont know why I let myself get into reality shows seeing they are fake and set up and what not. Bering Sea Gold is the latest ha

They are still entertaining. I wish they would put up the Gordon Ramsay cooking shows.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I will make a full list later, but they added 'Don't trust the bitch in apartment 23', 'Bones s8', and 'beauty and the beast s1.'

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

90210: Season 5 (TV, Drama, Teen)
Al Murray: The Pub Landlord Live - The Only Way Is Epic (Stand-up)
Beauty and the Beast (TV, Crime, Fantasy)
Bones: Season 8 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Dave Gorman Stand-Up. Live. (Stand-up)
Delete (TV, Miniseries, SciFi)
Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23 (TV, Comedy, Sitcom)
Gossip Girl: Season 6 (TV, Drama, Teen)
Lee Nelson: Live (Stand-up)
Marc Maron: Thinky Pain (Stand-up)
Mindless Behavior: All Around the World (Documentary, Biographical)
No Woman, No Cry (Documentary, Social/Women/Healthcare)
Raising Hope: Season 3 (TV, Comedy, Sitcom)
Sekirei: Season 2 (Anime)
Sons of Perdition (Documentary, Social/Religion)
Starbuck (Indie, Comedy)
The Following (TV, Crime, Drama)
The Painting (Romantic, SciFi, Action, Foreign)
The World Before Her (Documentary, Social/India)
White Frog (Indie, Drama, Gay/Lesbian)

Canada:

Bones: Season 8 (TV, Crime, Drama)
Indie Game: The Movie (Documentary)
No Woman, No Cry (Documentary, Social/Women/Healthcare)
Raising Hope: Season 3 (TV, Comedy, Sitcom)
Scary Movie 2 (Comedy)
Sons of Perdition (Documentary, Social/Religion)
White Frog (Indie, Drama, Gay/Lesbian)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Random stuff: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Sweden), Angels & Demons (Mexico), The Rocketeer (Netherlands)

Top Bottom