• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

tj hazuki

Added today:

An Unlikely Weapon: The Eddie Adams Story (Documentary, Biographical)
Comic Book Men: Season 2 (TV, Reality)
Continuum: Season 2 (TV, SciFi)
Mimic 2: Hardshell (Horror)
The Walking Dead Season 3 (TV, Action, Drama)

Canada:

.hack//Quantum OVA (Anime)
Anjelah Johnson: That's How We Do It (Standup)
Blade of the Phantom Master: Shin Angyo Onshi (Anime)
Californication: Season 4 (TV, Drama, Comedy)
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Action, SciFi)
Jack Reacher (Action, SciFi)
Once Upon a Time (TV, Drama, SciFi)
Revenge (TV, Drama)
Russell Peters: Outsourced (Standup)
The Walking Dead: Season 3 (TV, Action, Drama)
United States of Tara: Season 3 (TV, Drama, Comedy)

Got caught up, forgot to post the update. Posted Continuum and TWD for those who might have missed it.

Cool, I'll rewatch Season 2.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So Netflix Netherlands has Modern Family, Homeland, and Chuck? Holy hell. Why don't we get those shows stateside? That Unblock Us thing is looking more attractive by the day.

Wag

So Netflix Netherlands has Modern Family, Homeland, and Chuck? Holy hell. Why don't we get those shows stateside? That Unblock Us thing is looking more attractive by the day.

Just remember a lot of these series have forced subs, so if that doesn't bother you, go for it. I'll admit it bugs me quite a bit.

Added today:

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Action, SciFi)
Jack Reacher (Action, SciFi)

Ah man, I wanna see Hansel & Gretel. Why no love for the US? And Jack Reacher is really good. Very much like an 80s action movie. Not sure why that description says sci-fi though. There's not even the slightest hint of sci-fi in it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ah man, I wanna see Hansel & Gretel. Why no love for the US? And Jack Reacher is really good. Very much like an 80s action movie. Not sure why that description says sci-fi though. There's not even the slightest hint of sci-fi in it.

Ohh bummer. That is the reason I wanted to watch it lol.

Kaladin

Ohh bummer. That is the reason I wanted to watch it lol.

It's kinda fantasy with a hint of steampunk.....you can call it sci-fi when genre structures are so thin they only include sci-fi or fantasy.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just remember a lot of these series have forced subs, so if that doesn't bother you, go for it. I'll admit it bugs me quite a bit.

This is not true, not a single show on Netflix Netherlands has forced subs. We don't like that.

Saw Jack Reacher in theaters, kinda meh outside of some good Tom Cruise moments

Also managed to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's before it expired. Pretty great movie, awful racism and Deep Blue Something aside

Wag

This is not true, not a single show on Netflix Netherlands has forced subs. We don't like that.

In the Nordic regions and Mexico/Brazil there are plenty of TV shows and Movies that have forced subs, it could just be that the Netherlands hasn't caught up yet. This is because of licensing issues, and isn't going to change.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

30 Rock: Season 7 (TV, Comedy)
A Good Man in Africa (Drama)
All.I.Can. (Documentary, Social, Nature)
All I Want for Christmas (Family, Comedy)
American Gigolo (Drama, Crime)

Bloomberg Game Changers Series - Magic Johnson,Warren Buffett, Mark Cuban (Documentary)
Brink Series - Robotic Boston, Singularity, The Makers, MC10 Ekso Bionics and Houze, Aquapods Volkswagen and Palomar Medical Center, Masdar (Documentary)

Breaking Away (Drama)
Congo (Action, Thriller)
Curious George: Season 6 (TV, Kids)
Curse of the Pink Panther (Comedy, Satire)
Dark Blue (Thriller)
Dressed to Kill (Thriller, Crime)
Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (Horror, Cult)
Fargo (Crime, Drama)
Fire in the Sky (Thriller, SciFi)
Forrest Gump (Drama)
Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell (Horror)
Ghostbusters (Action, Comedy, SciFi)
Ghoulies II (Horror)
Grease (Musical, Romantic)
Hart of Dixie: Season 2 (TV, Drama, Comedy)
Here Come the Girls (Classic, Musical)
Horgasm: A Love Story (Documentary, Biographical)
How I Met Your Mother: Season 8 (TV, Comedy, Sitcom)
King of New York (Thriller, Mobster)
Last Ounce of Courage (Drama)
LazyTown (TV, Kids)
Mansfield Park (Drama)
Parenthood: Season 4 (TV, Drama)
Parks and Recreation: Season 5 (TV, Comedy)
Power Rangers: Megaforce (TV, Kids)
Pumpkinhead (Horror)
Resident Evil (Action, Zombie)
Return to Me (Comedy, Romantic)
River Monsters: Season 4 (TV, Reality, Documentary)
Road House (Action)
Saturday Night Live: Season 38 (TV, Sketch comedy)
The Big Green (Family, Comedy)
The Central Park Five (Documentary, Social)
The Gambler (Thriller, Crime, Mobster)
The Ghastly Love of Johnny X (Indie, Comedy, Satire)
The Great Train Robbery (Thriller)
The French Connection II (Action, Mobster)
The Italian Job ('03, Action)
The Last Days of Disco (Comedy, Indie)
The Molly Maguires (Classic, Drama)
The Office: Season 9 (TV, Comedy)
The Sand Pebbles (Action, War, Drama)
Troll
Troll 2
Tsotsi (Drama)

Sorry for the late update. School work got in the way again.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thanks as always!

You are most welcome!

BTW, everyone should watch Road House.

throat-rip-with-slow-mo-o.gif

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I wonder if it is coincidence that they added Congo right as How did this get made are doing a show on it.

Kaladin

Where is the next season of....

American Horror Story
Vampire Diaries (really, fuck how that last season on Netflix ended)
Sons Of Anarchy

Y'all undersold me on Supernatural.
Just started pilot and it's already got my attention.

Ahhhh. Too much exposition.
Why are they summarizing their life's to each other.

First season is decent. Towards the end of season 1 it gets better, and then ramps up to awesome in season 2. Seasons 4 and 5 are crazy awesome though. Season 6 and 7 are pretty rough but with a few gems sprinkled in among the mess. Season 8 was a big improvement.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I wonder if it is coincidence that they added Congo right as How did this get made are doing a show on it.

My first thought as well, but Congo has known for months.

Where is the next season of....

American Horror Story
Vampire Diaries (really, fuck how that last season on Netflix ended)
Sons Of Anarchy

AHS is my next big one. Should be soon with the new season starting.

Kaladin

What is AHS about anyway? I watched the beginning of the pilot and it was just really weird so I turned it off.

It's something different every season, and each season is a full plot line from start to finish. Season one is a haunted house story.

What is AHS about anyway? I watched the beginning of the pilot and it was just really weird so I turned it off.

Each season is a different horror story. Same cast, different plot. It relies on the weird and absurd as much as it does scares. It has quite a few WTF moments but, that is what makes it great for me.

Each season is a different horror story. Same cast, different plot. It relies on the weird and absurd as much as it does scares. It has quite a few WTF moments but, that is what makes it great for me.

I love the schadenfreude aspect of AHS (at least the 1st season). Everyone's situation is so miserable but it's funny in a dark, twisted way.

Kaladin

CW.com is good about putting their episodes up quickly. Also, CW was supposed to put out an app for AppleTV that had new episodes up the day after they air. I am still waiting for it.

I sub to Hulu and the show is there, but Hulu deletes episodes after a few weeks.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I watched Side Effects last night. It was entertaining, but when I think about the plot in hindsight, it's pretty ridiculous.

All those types of plots are always ridiculous
The:
everything was planned since the beginning
type of films are always entertaining tho.

Vyer

I knew the story behind it going in, but I was still surprised by how good Compliance was. Completely frustrating, disturbing, unnerving and tense throughout. I can only imagine how it must have blown people's mind to know it's a true story, as it crosses 'unbelievable' pretty early and just keeps climbing.

Top Bottom