• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

zorbsie

nw_titlexhuyg.jpg

Neverwinter is an action MMORPG that combines intense combat with classic D&D gameplay. Journey through the city of Neverwinter and the legendary subcontinent of Faerûn, and face off against the greatest adversaries from D&D legend.

Build Your Own Legend – Bring your adventures to life through iconic D&D classes and races, advanced paragon paths, companions, and a remarkable range of customization options.

Optimized for Xbox One – Neverwinter inspires classic Dungeons & Dragons adventures with a fully optimized player experience for Xbox One. The fast-paced action gameplay of Neverwinter has been mapped to the Xbox One controller, giving adventures the ability to move around the battlefield and cast powerful spells with ease. Xbox One players can also use their Xbox One friends list to find and party up with others as they explore iconic locations of the Dungeons & Dragons universe.

Release date: March 31 2015

story_headeraju4c.jpg

Lich Queen Valindra attacks the soldiers of New Neverwinter. This sets off the Battle of the Bridge. Valindra's attack was nearly defeated but Fulminorax the blue dragon helped her escape. This event is where your adventure begins.

classes_header6kul8.jpg

There is loads of races and classes in the PC version of Neverwinter. Pretty sure they are all coming over to the XB1 version of the game but I can't confirm yet. So this list may be edited after the game is playable.

Races and their Abilities
Human
Versatile Defense – Increase your Defense by 3%
Ability Scores – +2 to any Ability Score
Heroic Effort – You gain an additional Heroic Feat point at levels 10, 15, and 20.

Half-Orc
Furious Assault – Your Critical hits do an additional 5% damage.
Ability Scores – Grants you +2 Dexterity, and either +2 Constitution or +2 Strength.
Swift Charge – You gain a 10% bonus to Run speed for 3 seconds when you enter combat. This Effect can only occur once every 20 seconds.

Wood Elf
Elven Accuracy – Increases your chance to critically strike by 1%
Ability Scores – Grants you +2 Dexterity, and either +2 Intelligence or +2 Wisdom.
Wild Step – You have a 10% resistance to effects that slow your movement.

Sun Elf
Inner Calm – Your inner peace and serenity cause you to focus more clearly on the task at hand. +2% Action point gain.
Ability Scores – Grants you +2 Intelligence, and either +2 Dexterity or +2 Charisma.
Sun Elf Grace – Your bottomless grace increases your resistance to crowd control effects by 10%.

Dwarf
Stand your ground – You have 20% increased resistance to knock and repel effects.
Ability Scores – Grants you +2 Constitution, and either +2 Strength or +2 Wisdom.
Cast-Iron Stomach – You have 10% increased damage resistance to Damage over time (DoT) effects.

Halfling
Nimble Reaction – Your small Stature and quick movements grant 3% chance to Deflect incoming attacks.
Ability Scores – Grants you +2 Dexterity, and either +2 Charisma or +2 Constitution.
Bold – Your fearless nature increases your resistance to Crowd Control effects by 10%.

Half-Elf
Dilettante – Grants +1 to a non-class Ability Score. This bonus is automatically determined by your class.
Ability Scores – Grants you +2 Constitution, and either +2 Charisma or +2 Wisdom.
Knack for Success – You are just naturally better at many facets of life, gaining +1% Deflect, +1% Critical Severity, and +1% Gold Find.

Tiefling
Bloodhunt – You deal an additional 5% damage to targets below half health.
Ability Scores – Grants you +2 Charisma, and either +2 Constitution or +2 Intelligence.
Infernal Wrath – Whenever you are hit, you have a 10% chance to lower the Power of the attacker by 5% for 5 seconds.

Drow
Drakfire – You have a 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Darkfire for 4 seconds, reducing its Defense by 10%.
Ability Scores – Grants you +2 Dexterity, and either +2 Charisma or +2 Wisdom.
Trance – You recover at campfires twice as quickly.

Classes
Control Wizard
Devoted Cleric
Great Weapon Fighter
Guardian Fighter
Hunter Ranger
Scourge Warlock
Trickster Rogue

I'll add more descriptions to these as I confirm that they are actually in this version of the game.

economynou2n.jpg

There are 5 main currencies in Neverwinter: Gold, Astral Diamonds, Glory, Ardent and Celestial Coins and Seals and one paid currency.

Gold
The most common of currencies. Early on you will earn Copper. Later it will be Silver and finally Gold. Things you’ll buy with gold include: Healing and buff consumables, crafting/enchanting materials
100 Copper = 1 Silver
100 Silver = 1 Gold

Astral Diamonds (AD)
AD is earned through similar means as Gold, however, they’re also earned from completing Professions tasks. AD will also be earned by nearly all objectives: Dungeons, Skirmishes, and daily PVP quests. AD is used for gear, weapons, mounts, etc. as well as the auction house.

Glory
Glory is the currency you earn from PVP. It’s earned from participating in nearly all PVP activities: Domination matches, PVP Campaigns, Daily Quests, and rewards for PVP participation. Spend glory to acquire items unique to Neverwinter’s PVP mode including a companion, artifacts, Battle Health Potions and top-tier armor.

Ardent Coins and Celestial Coins
Gained from Invoking your character’s deity the first time on any given day. Players may invoke once an hour for free experience, consumables, and currency. Ardent Coins and Celestial Coins are spent in the Vault of Piety menu and can be used for weapons, elixirs, a unique companion & mount, rewards including refining items or be exchanged for Seals. One thing to note is that Celestial Coins will disappear completely if you do not invoke every 24 hours. Ardent Coins, however, remain on your character regardless of how often you invoke.

Seals
Seals are earned by Ardent Coin exchange or by completing dungeons. There are five different Seals in the game, all of which correspond to levels and which dungeons are available. Once you acquire Seals, travel to the Seven Suns Coaster Market in lower Protector’s Enclave to exchange them for unique adventuring equipment.

Zen
Zen is bought with real world money. You can use it to buy things like: Cosmetic Enhancements, Accessories, in-game pets and mounts. The break down for costs is as follows:
500 Zen - $4.99
1000 Zen - $9.99
2000 Zen - $19.99
5300 Zen - $49.99
10600 Zen - $99.99
21200 Zen - $199.99

resources_headerdeup5.jpg

Most of my info was from the official site and the Neverwinter wiki. I'm not 100% sure it is accurate for the Xbox One version of the game.
Neverwinter OT PC thread - Far more detailed OP, but as I said before not sure how much transfers over to Xbox One.
Player list - Post info in the thread or pm me and I'll add you to the list.

I made this thread super quick, so I expect some things to slip through the cracks. Please let me know if I missed anything major or goofed up something.

I have this preloaded, I enjoyed the beta but hope they have made some preformance improvements since then as the in town performance was rough.

Thanks for the quick OT, looks good to me!

Looking forward to checking this out. I know the preload has been up for a few days. But are the servers up and open now?

Beta was nice, had frame rate issues but it played solid.

I really want to go with an oddball character and class combo, I usually play defensive classes but this time i'm going ham with a mix no one else would bother with lol

*edit* time mistake, not now*

Dragoshi1

Can we use our PC accounts and characters somehow?

I jumped in with the Tyranny of Dragons expansion and got the Dragonborn race and haven't looked back, love the game.

zorbsie

Can we use our PC accounts and characters somehow?

I jumped in with the Tyranny of Dragons expansion and got the Dragonborn race and haven't looked back, love the game.

I don't think you can. If you link your account with your gamertag you will get a companion card. I'm pretty sure I read that XB1 and PC won't be cross play though. so I would assume your PC characters are PC only.

I think release date and price/subscription would be good to include in the OT for those who don't know :)
Good call. I'll add the release date but finding info on subscriptions is hard to find. You'd think that would be easy to find. Might have to wait till the game goes live to see how much stuff costs in game.

I don't think you can. If you link your account with your gamertag you will get a companion card. I'm pretty sure I read that XB1 and PC won't be cross play though. so I would assume your PC characters are PC only.

Good call. I'll add the release date but finding info on subscriptions is hard to find. You'd think that would be easy to find. Might have to wait till the game goes live to see how much stuff costs in game.
Yes you can link your account the first time to sign in, and you get a companion for doing so.

No, there is no cross play, the game will always be behind the PC. Also, none of your PC characters or items will carry over.

Prices on Zen should be the exact same from PC>XB1, but keep in mind MS probably charges tax also. Additionally, some items seem more expensive on XB1, for example, some of my viewers stated a character slot was 500 points on PC, but 800 on XB1

Somnia

I really enjoyed this the little I played on PC, looking forward to checking it out on the XB1 tonight. Should play really good with a controller and its the perfect game for smaller sessions as an MMO.

zorbsie

The Xbox version is starting off on Mod4, so I can confirm that Dragonborn is available to purchase as I was playing last night

So is that an expansion you have to pay for? I know you were streaming last night so you probably could help me out with cost for things in game.

EDIT: Just saw your other post. Thanks for filling in the gaps there. :)

Dragoshi1

The Xbox version is starting off on Mod4, so I can confirm that Dragonborn is available to purchase as I was playing last night

Is it still expensive, though?

I paid 20 bucks for the class change + Dragonborn unlock as I had a Lv1 Tiefling I made but never started playing with.

Is it still expensive, though?

I paid 20 bucks for the class change + Dragonborn unlock as I had a Lv1 Tiefling I made but never started playing with.
Zen was not available to buy since they didn't enable store purchases yet, so I could not see how much things cost, but users told me 1000zen=$10 on PC, and the CM for the game confirmed that prices should be equal. So to clarify since I worded it probably, I could check the zen marketplace but could not buy Dragonborn, just see prices in zen, not $$. However, it seems some zen values for items increased on XB1, as I think I remneber seeing the Dragonborn pack for 2500 last night. Again, I don't fully remember, and by the time I get home the game will have released, so best to wait for further assistance :)

Does this require you to sign up for a secondary account ala Origin, uPlay, Battle.net or something of the sort? I see that if you already have an account you can link it for bonuses but does it require one?

Azzawon

Tweet from Neverwinter, servers go live at the following:

@NeverwinterGame
We're getting a lot of questions about when the server goes live. They open up at 10:01 am PT/1:01 pm ET/5:01 pm GMT. Two more hours left!

Lucifon

I'm surprised how many gaffers seemed happy with the beta. I tried it and it just felt like the same old usual F2P crap. Gameplay was average MMO affair, then the performance was so bad in the first town at which point I just turned it off and uninstalled it. It wasn't necessarily terrible or anything, it just felt so distinctly average that it wasn't even worth my time over other games, let alone any kind of money.

Interested to hear if the final version is any better.

statham

I'm surprised how many gaffers seemed happy with the beta. I tried it and it just felt like the same old usual F2P crap. Gameplay was average MMO affair, then the performance was so bad in the first town at which point I just turned it off and uninstalled it. It wasn't necessarily terrible or anything, it just felt so distinctly average that it wasn't even worth my time over other games, let alone any kind of money.

Interested to hear if the final version is any better.

performance was better after the first town, but I really enjoyed the beta, and it didn't click until after the town.

Dunlop

Very curious to see how this plays on a console, I enjoyed the PC version but have not touched it in a long time

performance was better after the first town, but I really enjoyed the beta, and it didn't click until after the town.

I definitely agree. I felt like I was playing Wow on my XB1 up until after I left the first town. The control scheme felt great and regardless of how the game looked, a beta is just that. It is not a final representation of the product we will see today. I don't know man. This game just clicked for me. That short beta hooked me.

styl3s

Very curious to see how this plays on a console, I enjoyed the PC version but have not touched it in a long time
Yeah i bought in big when it was on beta on PC and played for a couple months after it released but haven't played since. I hope their micro stuff has gotten a little less slimy and that you can buy bag/bank with in-game currency or that the prices are cheaper. I remember them charging like $10 for bank or bag space and ive heard you can get a "big" xp boost for $50 which seems crazy to me unless that means it boost your character from 1-50 or whatever.

Gowans

Looking forward to playing this with some mates. Enjoyed the beta, hopefully they've inproved the performance and it can drag some buds off Warframe for a bit.

Dunlop

Yeah i bought in big when it was on beta on PC and played for a couple months after it released but haven't played since. I hope their micro stuff has gotten a little less slimy and that you can buy bag/bank with in-game currency or that the prices are cheaper. I remember them charging like $10 for bank or bag space and ive heard you can get a "big" xp boost for $50 which seems crazy to me unless that means it boost your character from 1-50 or whatever.

I've wiped my PC since playing so I do not have the game installed, I just remember getting some starter pack that had a wolf.

Is cleric the only healing class? That is what I had before

HaleStorm

Beta was nice, had frame rate issues but it played solid.

I really want to go with an oddball character and class combo, I usually play defensive classes but this time i'm going ham with a mix no one else would bother with lol

*edit* time mistake, not now*

Race- Shard mind, Class- anything.

IRL, ask a DM if it is cool if you can play a shard mind. If they don't know much they will say yes. you will break their campaign and get to do what ever you want speaking all languages, communicating telepathically, and getting to just teleport everywhere.

too bad it is not an option here.

BTM

I've never actually played this type of game before but I think I'm going to test it out and see if I like it. Any tips for a newcomer to MMORPGs?

RdN

I've already pre loaded it and am fairly curious about it.

I'll check it out after Destiny raids tonight.

If it's anything like WoW but more casual and free, I'll be happy. Looking for more games I can play cooperatively with friends and this one sounds like it could be what I'm looking for!

Top Bottom