• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

Another update got the pricing for the different options to buy zen.
500 Zen - $4.99
1000 Zen - $9.99
2000 Zen - $19.99
5300 Zen - $49.99
10600 Zen - $99.99
21200 Zen - $199.99

Having a $200 option there scares the shit out of me.

But those $12 in savings!

zorbsie

But those $12 in savings!

You're right I wasn't thinking of the savings. :)
Looking at the zen store it doesn't seem to be pay to win. The experience booster seems a little suspect. I will say if I stick with the game with friends I totally see myself throwing in 10 or 20 bucks. Nothing for now, it's still early days.

From my googling, there's no raids in this game correct? From what I understand just 5-man dungeons? That's probably best honestly. Keeps it more casual and more friendly to being married, having a full time job and freelance work, and still having a hobby.

Also, my GT is Jellycrackers and I'll be playing a tank/guardian fighter. Would like to play with some Gaffers once I get to a decent level!

zorbsie

I was going to complain that there wasn't an option to dance. But found the menu for emotes. There are 6 dances. Currently putting on a show at Sleeping Dragon Bridge.

statham

anybody else get a "your too early, blah......" when you try to start the game? It starts fine from the store menu

statham

Not me but have you tried a full power cycle? Sounds like it's stuck thinking it's still before launch.

I have and I just tried moving it from external to internal, same thing. Think I have to delete and redownload.

edit: reinstalling, luckily its not a huge download.

zorbsie

anybody else get a "your too early, blah......" when you try to start the game? It starts fine from the store menu

I got a message like that the first time I logged in today. But I think it was doing the final install. Had to wait a few minutes and the game loaded up fine.

There are guilds in the game if anyone was interested. To make a guild you need to have a full group of players not already in a guild that are on the same map. One member of the group speaks to the guild registrar and fills in the info. That person is given the highest rank of the guild the others the lowest rank. GAF guild soon I hope.

Special C

I got a message like that the first time I logged in today. But I think it was doing the final install. Had to wait a few minutes and the game loaded up fine.

There are guilds in the game if anyone was interested. To make a i you need to have a full group of players not already in a guild that are on the same map. One member of the group speaks to the guild registrar and fills in the info. That person is given the highest rank of the guild the others the lowest rank. GAF guild soon I hope.

I'd be happy to start the GAF guild if nobody else objects.

Kadin

So there's an option in the main menu Options to Link your PC account with the XB1 version to get a Renegade Illusionist Companion. For whatever reason, mine wouldn't show up until I logged out of my profile and back in. Resetting did nothing. So just be aware of this and I think it takes some time to get the reward in game. Have to finish up the tutorial stuff as well.

Jump is LB + A.

I spent a good five hours streaming this last night on my Twitch channel, and my follower count went bananas. I think it's pretty decent. Feels like the result of Diablo getting the "Smite" treatment, and that's not a bad thing.

It took me awhile to really get the controls, and I really only just got down the different spells on the face buttons. Good game, though it's really missing some sort of mini-map on screen.

Heatseeker2

Neo Member
Controller mapping seems very similar to ffxiv on ps4, at least I hope it is. I played all the way to 50 with the controller in FF.

Bizzquik

Keen to try put over the weekend.

Is there any kinect voice commands to bring up or use in inventory?

Interesting thought.
We all give Kinect so much grief...it'd be nice if it could be of use with games like MMORPGs - because these kind of K+M games never seem to have enough buttons on the controller. (not without burying the player in menus, at least.)

styl3s

Anyone have a full list of what comes with Champion of the North Pack? For the life of me i can't remember. Super hooked and want to support them so i thought about getting that and the Heirloom pack but im not sure if the Heirlooms come with this since the description if kind of vague with what items come with it other then the spider mount, panther and VIP.

zorbsie

Anyone have a full list of what comes with Champion of the North Pack? For the life of me i can't remember. Super hooked and want to support them so i thought about getting that and the Heirloom pack but im not sure if the Heirlooms come with this since the description if kind of vague with what items come with it other then the spider mount, panther and VIP.

Is this what you want? This is from the PC side but should be the same. Also here is a link to the wiki page of that item as well.

Obscured

At first I was a little hesitant, but this definitely scratched a different gaming itch for me, think I'll stick with it and see how it goes.

GT is Mouroutaru and I'm rolling with a half-elf ranger. Still early days and only at lvl 5, but be interested in grouping up when I get to a decent level, although right now I don't even know what that means, I'm still figuring out where things are, but feels pretty good on a controller.

And I didn't even realize the daily bonuses for Smite, Spark and Warfrme, looks like I need to get in a start up routine.

Level 15, logging off for the night. Told myself I was only going to play an hour, and then many "one more quest" phrases later and I played for 3 hours.

Ughhhhh

styl3s

Is this what you want? This is from the PC side but should be the same. Also here is a link to the wiki page of that item as well.
That's not the same pack and the one on X1 is $60 not $200. Neither of those links show it or even the Heirloom stuff.

I don't know if these 2 packs are exclusive to the X1 or what but i can't find any information on either packs.

Archpath1

Taking a little break lvl 12
Be on in like 3 hrs for more
Anyone wanna PvP or quest hit me up
I was tearing it up

GT - same as name

I am pleasantly surprised by this! Last MMO I played (unless you count Destiny) was WoW about 8 years ago. I like how this is just dumbed down a little from WoW, allowing it to be more casual. I do miss having huge open areas to explore though.

Can anyone with experience on the PC tell me if the quests and stuff get harder as you level up? I stopped at level 8 (guardian fighter) and everything seems so easy now. I did have a group of 3 for the last couple quests, so that may be it. But does the difficulty scale more hardcore when you're higher level and have more abilities?

ironcreed

Banned
The town can still be a little hitchy, but questing is smooth as can be. Fun game to mess around with once you get going a little.

Phreaker

Doesn't show up under Search, but I found it under New Releases, selected GET IT FREE several times and nothing happened. :( I'll try tomorrow.

Iceman829

If you haven't picked up your free companion you can do so in the town by heading to the reward claims agent. He is located at the top left of the map across from Sgt quest guy. You can pull up the mini map with holding LB and pushing Up on the dpad

Ferny

That's not the same pack and the one on X1 is $60 not $200. Neither of those links show it or even the Heirloom stuff.

I don't know if these 2 packs are exclusive to the X1 or what but i can't find any information on either packs.
Doesnt the store tell you whats in each pack? I know I hovered over them and it said what was in it.

zorbsie

Only level nine, but I'm really enjoying this game. Going to buy some Zen coins later this week. I think the devs deserve it. Can't wait to get a group together and play as a team.

Only level nine, but I'm really enjoying this game. Going to buy some Zen coins later this week. I think the devs deserve it. Can't wait to get a group together and play as a team.

Yeah, I only got to about level 6 but I am really digging the game. We definitely need to get a GAF guild up and running.

Gowans

I got to Level 5 last night, the servers were getting a slaying.

Looking forward to playing more just have to get me mates all onboard.

Hellers

By the time I finished last night my control wizard was level 17 and the servers were starting to buckle a bit. I've played it a lot though so I knew exactly where to go and what to do :)

I'm going to create one of each character apart from guardian fighter (Don't like them). I bought the Heirloom pack for 2000 zen. You get a fresh set of gear every five levels for all your characters but more importantly you get an account unlocked blue quality companion.

Had a lot of internet issues yesterday but having a quick go this morning the game is a lot smoother for me now, I personally just want to grind some levels to chill out so i'm skipping a lot of the text boxes.

Hellers

Had a lot of internet issues yesterday but having a quick go this morning the game is a lot smoother for me now, I personally just want to grind some levels to chill out so i'm skipping a lot of the text boxes.

It's easy in Neverwinter. Accept quest. Follow the glowing line. If it leads to something you can pick up or use do that. If not start killing things :)

Delryk

I think their first day was pretty sucessful for a F2P MMORPG... i mean, I only got booted 3-4 times (when loading a new area) and some lag at times. But nothing major...

I noticed some areas had really bad FPS compared to the beta though (in a single player instance) That house on fire instance was super choppy.

Other than that I really enjoyed playing (again)!

Matriox

Pretty awesome game for those who haven't played it. I played a decent amount on PC and aside from Rift this is my favorite F2P mmo. Kind of bummed I can't transfer my PC character to my Xbox since I had spent some money on it, but oh well. Got up to level 5 on a rogue and 6 on a cleric, feels great with a pad once you get used to it. Controls very similarly to FFXIV on consoles if you've tried that.

Top Bottom