• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neverwinter |OT| Xbox One Edition

Kadin

This was a game that I thought I would install and quickly delete (on PC) but I ended up playing it quite a lot. Eventually I stopped, TOR is my only main MMO and has been for a while, but Neverwinter was fun for the time played.

Really looking forward to this on XB1 because I'd like to have a couch MMO to enjoy since I'm too lazy to find a way to set up my PC in the living room. Watched some streams earlier, looked pretty good with a controller. Hope the servers aren't a hot mess...

ironcreed

Banned
I beat Bloodborne last night, so I may start this today. I had a great time in the beta and it never felt like I needed to buy a thing.

Lunch break will be nice. I'm down to group up after I get a hang of the basics and out of the initial starting area (assuming that's how this game works). My GT is the same as my name here, Art Vandilay. Please add me to the list in OP.

Kadin

One question for those that have played it on PC: Is the loot shared between your party or is it first come first served?
Normal loot is player specific, each has their own drops from what I recall. Some uniques though I believe are need/greed/passed on.

Special C

So this game has some sort of a "logon" bonus as well. I'm going to spend all day logging on to Warframe, Smite, and Neverwinter.

I forgot Smite was on X1, is it fun? community good?
Game is really fun and surprisingly adapts to controller well, much like this. Fun fact...High Rez's COO told me that a really good chunk of players on PC who play SMITE use an Xbox controller already, so they knew this would be a good transition

As for community, it's in alpha, so it's small

I'm a half-orc stealth class character, let's go!

Maybe it's me but the server keeps getting 10 seconds of no responce every few minutes, must be getting hammered.

Iceman829

I had fun playing the beta, so I'm sure I'll be checking this out for a bit. I'm also in the SMITE alpha if anyone is looking for people to group up with. GT is Iceman829

Any type of breakdown of what is for sale and what is useful to buy?

Also thanks for the heads up on getting tokens in SMITE for logging in every day. I think I played twice and never noticed. I'll have to add it to my sign in chore list now.

I made a Female Drow Hunter-Ranger...I have no idea what I'm doing...lol

no-idea-what-im-doing.jpg

I had fun playing the beta, so I'm sure I'll be checking this out for a bit. I'm also in the SMITE alpha if anyone is looking for people to group up with. GT is Iceman829

Any type of breakdown of what is for sale and what is useful to buy?

Also thanks for the heads up on getting tokens in SMITE for logging in every day. I think I played twice and never noticed. I'll have to add it to my sign in chore list now.

I didn't realize you were in that. We need to hook up there.

Servers are getting hammered as expected. Just got into the city and it's unplayable. Think I'll give it a few hours and come back to it later.

Just like that one night of helldivers we played together. lol. I'll be on after 9:30 est tonight. If we can't get into a neverwinter server we can play some smite.

To be fair, I have not played HellDivers since lol. Destiny does not have the same hold over me it did then so I might actually start playing other games.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Enjoyed the little bit of the beta that I played, so I'll be jumping onto this as well.

Xaero Gravity is my GamerTag if anyone ever wants to play. :)

STEaMkb

Is this coming to ps4?

I'm curious too.

Yes. First to console on XB1.

"Available first, free-to-play with Gold on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Neverwinter – set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe from Wizards of the Coast – is the first free-to-play title from Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios that will be launched on both PC and console platforms."

The PlayStation 4 version of Neverwinter made a brief appearance at PlayStation Experience.

zorbsie

Loaded it up. Going to make a character see if the servers are not jammed, but will probably play later tonight for real.

styl3s

Town performance is yikes but from what little i played i actually prefer using a controller over keyboard (like with FFXIV). Still don't know if i am going to continue as a hunter/ranger or switch to a trickster rogue.

Yes. First to console on XB1.

"Available first, free-to-play with Gold on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Neverwinter – set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe from Wizards of the Coast – is the first free-to-play title from Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios that will be launched on both PC and console platforms."

The PlayStation 4 version of Neverwinter made a brief appearance at PlayStation Experience.
I believe they have gone on record stating it was 6 months exclusive

Dunlop

I actually want to go home an make a character lol, I've been jonsing for a MMO lately

As I am a healer for life, I guess another devoted cleric is in the cards

Iceman829

It's F2P but I haven't ran into any limitation yet what gives

I don't remember there being any roadblocks. Most of the pay stuff were premium items, races or the ability to jump to the front of server queues. I'm sure free players may hit more roadblocks later on or something.

Are server queues a common thing with this game on PC? I'm hoping it'll be pretty tame on Xbone. That's the only thing that seems like it could potentially really turn me off to a F2P MMO on a console.

UnrealEck

If it's anything like WoW but more casual and free, I'll be happy. Looking for more games I can play cooperatively with friends and this one sounds like it could be what I'm looking for!

I thought it was a decent game from what I played of it. There's not as many spells and abilities as WoW and it's a bit more forgiving in its gameplay in terms of maximizing DPS or countering and timing. The environments are a lot smaller and are more like instanced zones connected together (instead of WoW's more expansive, open-ended continent to continent maps), much like many other MMOs besides WoW.

jesu

I only got to play for 20 minutes

"Account server conection could not be started, please try again later"

Is all I get now.I'll try again later.

zorbsie

Updated the OP with race descriptions from the game.

I want to put a list of players up aswell. I think we should ask for Gamertag, Times available and player class. Anything else I should be asking when putting a list of players together?

zorbsie

Another update got the pricing for the different options to buy zen.
500 Zen - $4.99
1000 Zen - $9.99
2000 Zen - $19.99
5300 Zen - $49.99
10600 Zen - $99.99
21200 Zen - $199.99

Having a $200 option there scares the shit out of me.

Kadin

So clicking the R stick in for auto-run is pretty damn nice. Click it again to stop auto run or use the L stick to stop. You can pretty much run around town using this and the R stick to change your movement direction.

Pretty solid so far. Got in immediately, level 5 now and just doing some sightseeing. Works great with the controller.

edit: Do we know if there are multiple servers for XB1? I just saw some player named "butterynipples" won a drake from some loot box, haha.

Another update got the pricing for the different options to buy zen.
500 Zen - $4.99
1000 Zen - $9.99
2000 Zen - $19.99
5300 Zen - $49.99
10600 Zen - $99.99
21200 Zen - $199.99

Having a $200 option there scares the shit out of me.

Yeah... some parents are going to be pissed.

Top Bottom