• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basketball

I hope piccolo gets more love

Pipedream. 100+ episodes.

English dub. Less than a year.

Falconer brought back (doubt it cuz funi doesn't use western music) .. Inb4 people jump on my head and tell me the music sucked. Somebody will probably add the music when the full show drops in Eng. The that's my bulma scene was vastly improved with the added music. (Check view count compared to original)

Older artstyle.. Goku vs cell scenes for example

Android 16 comes back

Tien gets more love as well,

Malajax

The DBZ ending was so shortsighted and just never seemed fitting. So glad its gonna continue again. goddamn this is great news.

So far, nothing's gonna change that ending. This still takes place in the 10 year period before the actual ending. We can hope that it leads into it well, but I'm not expecting this series to go past the ending. I'll be delightfully surprised if it does, however.

ragon

12412622079325xli6.gif

YES!

NeonZ

So does this take place after RoF or before?

It hasn't been explicitly confirmed, we only have the vague "after Buu Saga" comment, which could mean any point of the 10 years gap or even post-Z altogether. The Japanese news says that the villain might be stronger than "Buu and Freeza" though, so I guess it's after RoF, otherwise the Freeza comparison wouldn't make sense.

Magwik

Banned
Considering how quick Funi has acted upon RoF I without a doubt believe we will see a dub by the end of the year. It will also be HUGE if they air it on Toonami

I might be wrong but guys they could end up showing some kind of footage of the new series in theaters at the end of western release of Revival F.

Sephzilla

Considering how quick Funi has acted upon RoF I without a doubt believe we will see a dub by the end of the year. It will also be HUGE if they air it on Toonami

Son of a bitch, I'd almost consider getting cable again just so i could relive the rush of getting home quickly to watch a new DB episode

Well, that isn't even why Bruce was no longer involved. There was some kind of lawsuit between Funi and Falconer and that's why his music was no longer used.

So the odds of DBS using Falconer music is slim to none? T_T

Swarna

There was nothing to indicate Goku became a God after the manga run (prior to Battle of Gods), either. This is Dragon Ball, it would take them one contrivance and five chapters to give anyone a serious power boost.

As for Piccolo and Future Trunks, etc. They got to be relevant for like three times each in the run of the DBZ. Even Dragon Ball, which people like to claim was better about this than DBZ, basically introduced characters as relevant and rendered them mostly useless in the next saga. Only Goku and whoever his villain was at the time actually mattered in terms of power.

GT, movies, and fillers would indicate repeatedly that Goku is beyond everyone else by an amount that makes everyone else irrelevant. Goku just getting another power-up was not surprising to me in the slightest.

You're being disingenuous about how relevant other characters were in Z. Goku was flat-out useless for long periods of time and weaker than multiple characters at times. This kind of dynamic was never present in all media after the manga.

We're not talking about OG DB.

I don't really care, either way. I'm just saying we all know how the power dynamics will work out. And it's not interesting at all when we we see things like BoG and Revival of F dialogue like "lol kakarot we can totally kill this guy but nah lets fight him solo and endanger everyone because sayin pr1de." And we see decisions clearly for marketing reasons like Gohan losing his mystic gimmick just to distinguish Goku and Vegeta's base form look from the rest. We don't want people thinking anyone is in their league now do we.

At least he animation will be cool.

The signs were on the wall on this one, TOEI realized Dragon Ball is still popular and sells a ton in related merchandize around the world.

Please be good no GT

Lagamorph

As much as I want to stay in this thread, I gotta abandon it due to all the unmarked RoF spoilers. Even if they are minor, they're still spoilers, especially for people in the UK who have no legitimate way to see it yet, and especially when they're waiting for the dub.

Bishop89

Son of a bitch, I'd almost consider getting cable again just so i could relive the rush of getting home quickly to watch a new DB episode

So the odds of DBS using Falconer music is slim to none? T_T

IF that is true, all my excitement would just vanish.
His music is a key aspect on why I loved dbz. His score suited the show so well and was epic, and adrenaline pumping.

TreIII

If nothing else, I hope it's a good incentive for Toonami to pick up the pace when it comes to their Kai re-runs. Still stuck on early Freeza, there, and of course, we've gotta get through Buu, eventually.

_Nemo

Well, that isn't even why Bruce was no longer involved. There was some kind of lawsuit between Funi and Falconer and that's why his music was no longer used.

Aww man. Half of the DBZ experience was its kick-ass music. Hopefully they'll find a good replacement who can deliver.

Heroman

Banned
Guy , Falconer suck, sure he had some good tune but he didnt know when to shut up and most of the tune were shity 90s butt rock and synthesize music

The official statement reads " after the events of theatorically hit RoF ".
Now im 100% sure they are doing this on the basis of RoF success.

munchie64

Considering AT has basically become the Japanese George Lucas, I don't see how this is good news...
Most hardcore fans seem to like what he does though.
Well except for Dragon Ball Minus. Fuck that shit.

Edit: Plus he hasn't "changed" anything and can actually still make quality work (Jaco)

Spinluck

Dragon Ball Z is one of the most inept things ever when it comes to canon. I'm surprised people still put any mind in it, it's a mess.

But I am interested in what happens with the series, AFTER ALL THE AF FAN BULLSHIT THEY FINALLY DID IT.

Shauni

So, the music we got in the American dub was significantly different than the Japanese one? I honestly never knew that. I may need to try and watch Kai then, because this all has made me really curious.

Anyone know if the DBZ on Hulu is based on the American or original Japanese music.

Jaeger

Dragon Ball Z is one of the most inept things ever when it comes to canon. I'm surprised people still put any mind in it, it's a mess.

But I am interested in what happens with the series, AFTER ALL THE AF FAN BULLSHIT THEY FINALLY DID IT.

If you ignore the original movies and GT, it's easy to follow. Weird at times but easy to follow.

andymcc

Banned
The Japanese score sounds like a fucking high school band.

maybe if the only orchestral instrumental music you've ever heard in your life was being played by a high school band...

So, the music we got in the American dub was significantly different than the Japanese one? I honestly never knew that. I may need to try and watch Kai then, because this all has made me really curious.

Anyone know if the DBZ on Hulu is based on the American or original Japanese music.

i think it's the japanese music.

then again, i've only watched the subbed episodes on hulu. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom