• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last year, I found some DBAF figures in a store in Manchester:

BjKazN1IAAIS4IN.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
I do hope that the human and other non-saiyan characters will get some time to shine. I never really liked how they essentially became fodder for the villain characters, while the central saiyans cleaned house.

They deserve better than that.

Kazdane

Regardless of the source, that pic is fake as hell.

Yeah, I think if it was related to super in any way, we would've seen it all over the internet by now. It just struck me as odd that this picture only appears in this particular site (Google can't find it anywhere else).

Looks cool though, even if it's fake.

I really wish Killin would receive some kind of "enlightenment" and become more powerful. I know he's probably the most powerful human to ever live, but he's so far behind the other Z fighters it's pathetic.

kewlmyc

I saw the movie on Sunday in 3d at the theatre, it was funny and lots of trolling. I also got a bonus thing which I haven't opened yet. I'm only a casual fan but yeah the movie was a lot of fun and this new series adds to the hype.

How does 3D even work for a 2D animated movie like this?

Shauni

Bit OT, but does anyone happen to know if Dragonball and DBZ on Hulu are edited or unedited? All this talk makes me want to go back and watch the original Dragonball.

Takao

Banned
Bit OT, but does anyone happen to know if Dragonball and DBZ on Hulu are edited or unedited? All this talk makes me want to go back and watch the original Dragonball.

The edited versions of the Dragon Ball anime are no longer in circulation. Though, I'm pretty certain Hulu uses a cropped version of Z for their stream.

Maybe this is where all the budget went.

Having seen Battle of Gods flop around on the big screen, nah. That budget went into some Toei executive's pocket.

Zee-Row

Banned
I know i'm asking too much but please let the human characters and Piccolo get power upgrades and be more relevant!

rrc1594

I really wish Killin would receive some kind of "enlightenment" and become more powerful. I know he's probably the most powerful human to ever live, but he's so far behind the other Z fighters it's pathetic.

I'm guess and say that Tien is stronger then Krillin. Hell I'll go on a limb and say Yamcha is stronger then him.

oh-krillin_o_717059.jpg

Sephzilla

I'm guess and say that Tien is stronger then Krillin. Hell I'll go on a limb and say Yamcha is stronger then him.

The rule of DragonBall seems to be that your only as strong as you were the last time you were relevant to the plot. So Krillin and Tien should roughly be the same power level since they both stopped mattering after the Cell Saga. Piccolo is still Super-Namekian tier. Yamcha is still Saibaman-tier.

Internationally, this is THE BIGGEST project Toei has done in terms of marketability in almost two decades, so they should be putting all of their effort into it. A Dragonball TV sequel (that isn't GT) cashing in on nostalgia? It's going to be huge.

But when they've apparently stopped trying with the biggest property in Japan, One Piece, I'm not expecting stellar animation. I guess they're of the mindset that it will sell a lot anyway. :(

Welfare

The rule of DragonBall seems to be that your only as strong as you were the last time you were relevant to the plot. So Krillin and Tien should roughly be the same power level since they both stopped mattering after the Cell Saga. Piccolo is still Super-Namekian tier. Yamcha is still Saibaman-tier.

Yamcha was Saiyan Saga Goku tier when he got stabbed by Dr. Gero.

Shauni

The edited versions of the Dragon Ball anime are no longer in circulation. Though, I'm pretty certain Hulu uses a cropped version of Z for their stream

Okay cool then. Not too worried about Z, may not even start it. I don't think I could sit through that one again, though I might try out Kai, see the different music and stuff

AdanVC

I wonder what are Toriyama's thoughts in all of this. If he is really excited for the new series or if he was just forced by Toei to make a new DB series. Someone needs to interview him ASAP! Because if in the end, it turns out that he was literally forced from Toei, then the series will turn as bad and lazy as GT... IMO of course.

No way Krillin is weaker than Yamcha. In the manga release before the freezer movie. The strongest enemies show up to stop him, krillin was there fighting valiantly, Yamcha was a no show.

Also a new character (I like is a crossover one) made a comment about krillin strength and ask him if he was really an earthling.

rrc1594

No way Krillin is weaker than Yamcha. In the manga release before the freezer movie. The strongest enemies show up to stop him, krillin was there fighting valiantly, Yamcha was a no show.

Also a new character (I like is a crossover one) made a comment about krillin strength and ask him if he was really an earthling.

Ohhh I haven't been reading those

Shauni

I wonder what are Toriyama's thoughts in all of this. If he is really excited for the new series or if he was just forced by Toei to make a new DB series. Someone needs to interview him ASAP! Because if in the end, it turns out that he was literally forced from Toei, then the series will turn as bad and lazy as GT... IMO of course.

I highly doubt he is being forced, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom