• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digimon Tri + DBZ:Super .... IS THIS THE 90's/early 00's!?!

Also...Please don't ruin the art style like you did with digimon.Toei pls.
Although good to know Toriyama is working on this...

munchie64

Vegeta better be in this and Toriyama better not Worf him like he did in Dragon Ball Z.
Vegeta only stuck around to be Worf'd and give exposition.
Kinda like a certain other character from earlier in the franchise...
560809-yamchasaibamenattackk01.png

Piers

Calling it now, fans will consider it worse than GT and binge on anti-depressants because Toriyama is behind the story.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So is there already a manga out like with One Piece or will this anime be something completely new?

Can Toriyama give the big bads some underlings so we can actually have some fun fights on the low-end? If there is one thing that Bleach, Naruto, and (especially) Hunter x Hunter did a lot better than DBZ, it was giving their scrubs something to do other than job to the main villain.

Is it too much to ask to see a quality Picolo, Tien, or Krillin fight that actually involves some strategy and has tension?

Let the Saiyans have their God battles that decide the fate of the universe, just don't feed the rest of your cast to the villain to put him over.

Tien getting an episode long fight would be awesome. One of the best moments in the Cell Saga was him managing to keep Imperfect Cell down. Piccolo's fight with 17 is in the Top 5 fights in the series since they're so evenly matched. Krillin gets a lot of screen time anyway, so I don't worry too much.

Yamcha dying is a meme even in Japan, so he can just go away. He's been a scrub even since Dragon Ball.

munchie64

Calling it now, fans will consider it worse than GT and binge on anti-depressants because Toriyama is behind the story.
The movies pretty split, at least in the West so I imagine this will be similar.
But like I said, most hardcore fans like what Toriyama's done recently.

AdanVC

pi9w5dhr32k5esgfwzle.gif

ME RIGHt now!!!!!

I can't believe I'm alive on the day they announced a new Dragon Ball series -my favorite tv show of all time- meaning, a true DBZ sequel with Toriyama!! Holy shit I'm so excited right now. I will be there watching the hell out of it. Does this mean Toriyama will be drawing new manga as well or he just going to dedicate to the tv series??? anyways so freaking happy right now.

ckohler

DBZ: Kai has been a huge success on Toonami since it started airing in November. I expect them to be clamoring to air it as soon as they can.

andymcc

Banned
Yamcha dying is a meme even in Japan, so he can just go away. He's been a scrub even since Dragon Ball.

He was the stand-in Worf before Vegeta.

Yamcha vs. Jacky Chun
Yamcha vs. Tenshinhan
Yamcha vs. Shien
Yamcha vs. Saibaman

Dude was invented so he could job.

The movies pretty split, at least in the West so I imagine this will be similar.

I loved Battle of the Gods. It was like the things I loved about DB and DBZ in one film.

Going to see Revival of F in a little over a week! Can't wait!

SoldnerKei

man, first Sailor Moon, then Saint Seiya and now Dragon Ball? nice, hopefully it won't have the ugly animation the other 2 have

OnPoint

He was the stand-in Worf before Vegeta.

Yamcha vs. Jacky Chun
Yamcha vs. Tenshinhan
Yamcha vs. Shien
Yamcha vs. Saibaman

Dude was invented so he could job.

Yamcha vs. Bulma

He even jobbed a relationship to set up for another character's victory.

Chinner

Banned
in dragonball super, it will be discovered that apart from super saiyans, there are also super humans and super nameks and stuff.

Piers

That's true
Granted, this's only because they gobble up anything that is canon, regardless of qaulity. :(

in dragonball super, it will be discovered that apart from super saiyans, there are also super humans and super nameks and stuff.

Technically Piccolo was referred to as a Super Namekian after fusing with Kami (he had power equivalent to a Super Saiyan Lvl. 1).

I'd love to see the lesser characters get powered up. Hell, power up Videl and 18 while we're at it.

Shauni

Technically Piccolo was referred to as a Super Namekian after fusing with Kami (he had power equivalent to a Super Saiyan Lvl. 1).

I'd love to see the lesser characters get powered up. Hell, power up Videl and 18 while we're at it.

Eh? That doesn't sound right. Didn't he get stomped by the Freiza form that Super Saiyan Goku beat pretty easily?

Servbot24

Banned
Tbh every DBZ character sucks except for

Goku
Vegeta
Future Trunks
Fat Buu
King Kai
Ox King
Master Roshi
Scholar Gohan
Domesticated Krillin
Wife 18
Foodie Beerus
Bulma's Dad's Cat
Drivers Ed Student Piccolo
Small Doses of Mr Satan
Maybe Videl but I can't remember

Kazdane

Any idea where is this picture coming from? I've seen it in a mexican news site (this article), but there are no references in Google. Which I find odd.
dragon-ball-super.jpg

Very fake, but my goodness... unless they're set on not going anywhere time wise... then we're getting adult Goten and Trunks! YES!

Jaymageck

I can't really envision a world where this actually turns out good.

The revival of the movie franchise kind of works, because one off stories don't require sustainable writing.

I don't have much faith in another entire arc (or several).

Blader

Think he was way stronger than that. He went toe to toe with 17, who was much stronger than a SSJ.

Looks too too good to be real.

heh, that was my thought too. Also, Pan and Bra are making the exact same pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom