• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
When can we expect a screenshot or teaser of this?

Any upcoming events this might be shown?

RedEther

Just Goku hair?

Pfft.

Quote this or PM me and tell me what hair you want.

TGeHQnQ.png

I need dat goku hair asap thx in advance comfy.

Guyz after all got a full translation of the annoucement on tumblr http://cyberclays.tumblr.com/post/117608146401/new-dragon-ball-series-after-18-long-years-of

After 18 long years of waiting, the information arrived today! Toei Animation will produce the new Dragon Ball series, entitled Dragon Ball Super (Japanese title; tentative for English release)!

Overseen by Akira Toriyama, the series will debut on Japanese screens in July 2015 on Fuji TV.

Direct sequel to Dragon Ball Z, the series will bring together all the characters and tell their adventures after Son Goku’s fierce battle against Majin Buu. “Having loved Dragon Ball since childhood, it is very exciting to be a part of this project,” said Osamu Nozaki, producer for Fuji Television. “Mr. Toriyama has developed a plot that’s not only a dream come true for Dragon Ball’s millions of fans, but one that will foster in a new generation of viewers.”

“I hope that this series will last a long time and have the same impact around the world as its predecessor.” said Masako Nozawa, Japanese voice actress of Dragon Ball’s Son Goku, Son Gohan and Son Goten.

Introduced as a manga in Weekly Shonen Jump (published from SHUEISHA Inc.) in 1984, Dragon Ball has evolved into a globally beloved brand. Seen in more than 70 countries, with over 230 million copies of its comic books sold, Dragon Ball remains one of the most popular anime series of all time.

Davey Cakes

The weird thing about his power-up is how it made him stronger than everyone else, yet was completely ignored when Buu turned into Kid Buu.

Gohan should have been kicking his ass instead of Goku and Vegeta, really. That was always so weird to me.
What happened to Gohan in the Buu Saga was REALLY disappointing.

The entire buildup of him reaching his full potential felt like it was for absolutely nothing.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
All I can say is wow. I am genuinely excited about this news. A new TV series in almost 20 years, and one that takes place directly after the Buu saga. That is bananas! Count me the fuck in. Buu Saga is my favorite part of DB by far. And Toriyama's involved so it should be at LEAST decent. Fingers crossed but I'm pumped.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Not to mention the fact that Masako Nozawa is still going to voice Goku/Gohan/Goten after all these years and she's in her 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope she is up for the job health wise and keeps in good shape. I adore her.

cHaotix8

I expect this to be terrible. However, if Toriyama takes it seriously then it has the potential to actually be pretty good. I'm definitely not excited for a whole bunch of new transformations, though.

Here's hoping it's not bad!

Malajax

Not to mention the fact that Masako Nozawa is still going to voice Goku/Gohan/Goten after all these years and she's in her 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope she is up for the job health wise and keeps in good shape. I adore her.

In with the Nozawa love, but she's 78. Close to 80s, but not there yet. Considering she's in good health and Japanese people live forever, I hope she can stick around.

If Toei/Toriyama are smart though, they've gone the Disney route and have an apprentice under Nozawa ready to step up in case something unfortunately happens. If Dragon ball is going to exist forever, they need to make sure they have the talent to keep it that way.

tariniel

Best part is that the new show is not far away.

For real, I'm so used to announcements of something and waiting 1-2 years. It's refreshing to hear an announcement and know that it's actually starting in 3 months. The guys that want to wait for the dub will have a bit longer but I'm sure there will subs within a week of the first episode airing. Even better would be if crunchroll picks it up or some other on-demand service, because I want to support the show rather than just download episodes.

For real, I'm so used to announcements of something and waiting 1-2 years. It's refreshing to hear an announcement and know that it's actually starting in 3 months. The guys that want to wait for the dub will have a bit longer but I'm sure there will subs within a week of the first episode airing. Even better would be if crunchroll picks it up or some other on-demand service, because I want to support the show rather than just download episodes.

There are some legal anime stream portals but the selection is pretty limited.

Daingurse

I still can't believe they're making a TV series sequel to the DBZ. Maybe we'll finally get to see Vegeta SSJ3.

More likely we'd see SSJGSSJ3, Bahahahaha.

I am starting to really like the the concept of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. The name alone is just so absurd, I find it extremely amusing. The color palette is also growing on me. I still can't stand that new Friez a transformation though lol.

Goku, gohan or vegeta. Whichever works best :D

wSE574l.png

ah, nice.

I'd like a Vegeta.

PCqH3Ai.png

Vegeta Hair pls.

I simply couldn't get it to work. You can use the one Kyle made you :p

Goku hair would be pretty dope.

KcVUWLQ.png

Oh, man. Can I get Vegeta's hair on mine?

cPmvjlH.png

Give me Goku :p.

y8M75Ql.png

Vegeta pls

ckCmjgb.png

Goten hair plz.

Edit: think that Trunks would fit better to my ava.

RdEgjYh.png

Yo, thanks Kyle. You picked up my slack for sure. Weird how we both googled a different Vegeta hair for Paul :p

isamu

In with the Nozawa love, but she's 78. Close to 80s, but not there yet. Considering she's in good health and Japanese people live forever, I hope she can stick around.

If Toei/Toriyama are smart though, they've gone the Disney route and have an apprentice under Nozawa ready to step up in case something unfortunately happens. If Dragon ball is going to exist forever, they need to make sure they have the talent to keep it that way.

I stand corrected and agree with you on the idea re an apprentice. Would ensure the character(s) remains an integral part of the story for the very long term.

isamu

By the way, do you guys suppose they will somehow consider bringing back Freeza, given the fact we've just had a movie released with him in it?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

There is no way that one of the major streaming services doesn't pick this up for same week subs. Hulu has actually been a pretty source for that, along with crunchyroll. We live in good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom