• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChouGoku

Remind them ho's, Piccolo-san~!

I still am a fan of the idea that was posted pages ago: find a way to get Piccolo to fuse with his Dead "Dad", and fully reclaim the power that his Nameless Namek predecessor possessed.

#BringBackTheDemonKing

That sounds like it would be pretty cool, but battle power wise it would make no sense. But in the words of Tien "fuck power levels"

I cheated a little but here you go

920100yamcha.jpg

Amazing.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Yamcha is just the 12th man on the team. Dude can ball on a certain level but he's deep on the bench.

I hope we can all agree that when the inevitable happens and an episode where nothing really seems to happen pops up, we recognize that this is Dragon Ball

Honestly, Yajirobe's my favorite of the Z Fighters, despite him retiring after one arc of Z. I hope he does something in the new series, too.

I don't like the dub Yajirobe. I don't think the voice fits him well. The japanese voice of Krillin & Luffy fit him really well.

Yajirobe is also one of my favorite characters.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't like the dub Yajirobe. I don't think the voice fits him well. The japanese voice of Krillin & Luffy fit him really well.

Yajirobe is also one of my favorite characters.
Surfer dude Yajirobe is a really interesting take on the character, but nothing beats his original voice.

Future Trunks can be in this right? Like he's from the future and has a time machine, it's easy to explain him in. Plus have we ever gotten Trunks meeting Trunks?

I-hate-u

Future Trunks can be in this right? Like he's from the future and has a time machine, it's easy to explain him in. Plus have we ever gotten Trunks meeting Trunks?

He should have been in Resurrection of F, considering is the guy who killed Freeza in the first place.

zulux21

Every time this thread is bumped and has no new info it only makes me sad

fine fine (and I am surprised no one else got this posted before me)

DB super to start airing on july 5th.

This year's 28th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is revealing on Monday that the Dragon Ball Super television anime will premiere in Japan on July 5. The broadcast of the Dragon Ball Kai series will end before then.

Dragon Ball Super will premiere on Fuji TV and other channels on Sundays at 9:00 a.m. This will be the first new Dragon Ball television series since Dragon Ball GT, which aired from 1996 to 1997. The story of the anime is set a few years after the defeat of Majin Buu, when the Earth has become peaceful once again.

Toriyama is credited as the original creator, as well as for "original story & character concepts." Toei Animation's Kimitoshi Chioka (Hakaba Kitarō, Kamisama Kazoku) is the series director, and Naoko Sagawa (Yomiko Advertising, Inc.) and Atsushi Kido (Toei Animation) join Osamu Nozaki as producers. Kido entered Toei just as the company was animating the Dragon Ball Z anime's Frieza arc. Masako Nozawa, the voice of Goku, Gohan, and Goten, is returning for the series.

Kazuya Yoshii will perform the opening theme "Chōzetsu☆Dynamic" (Excellent Dynamic) and rock band Good Morning America will perform the ending theme "Hello Hello Hello."

Toyotarō will draw the show's manga adaptation in Shueisha's V Jump magazine.

source

so if the show ends up getting a simulcast it should air during the 4th of july for Americans :p

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, it's already airing? Thought it was gonna be at least a year.

Random question: Did Tien fighting Cell and holding him back with his kikoho thingy actually happen or was that filler?

Nightbird

Wow, it's already airing? Thought it was gonna be at least a year.

Random question: Did Tien fighting Cell and holding him back with his kikoho thingy actually happen or was that filler?

did actually happen.

I can't believe it's airing in a Month and we don't even have a single Screenshot or Cast Images

Buu saga, Goku And His Friends Return and Battle of Gods didn't happen

Yeah, exactly, I cheated on those ones as I did not see them and it was impossible to find pictures of Yamcha loosing. But if he fought, he would have.

And him getting punched by Chiaotzu is priceless

Zubz

Banned
Are you implying they have the first one ready by the Airdate?

Get ready for a lot of reused unclean animations and overlong intros and outros! <3

Don't forget shots where the characters mouths are out of the frame/shots of backgrounds while characters talk!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's first batch of episodes made Season 1 of JoJo look like Redline. I could even see it giving that old Black Panther show a run for its money! They've already announced 100 episodes, so they can pack in as much filler as they want, budget-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom