• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Quest 8 pics...

dq03.jpg

dq04.jpg

dq10.jpg

dq12.jpg

dq13.jpg

dq14.jpg

dq16.jpg

dq18.jpg

dq19.jpg

dq26.jpg

http://watch.impress.co.jp/GAME/docs/20041001/dq.htm

Looks great, as always...except this pic...
dq04.jpg

Why must everyone insist on having the samey-looking transparencies/particles-type of look for magic and special effects? If the spell effects looked more opaque and hand-drawn animation-style, it would look more in line with the rest of what the game looks like...and it would look cool.

olimario

Banned
I still fail to see what's so special about the graphics of this title.
It looks like Tales with Toriyama art.

Teddman

For some reason, those shots don't really hit me off like others have before. The cel shading looks a little underwhelming on the characters or something. Almost reminds me of Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland for PS2.

Shoryuken

Teddman said:
For some reason, those shots don't really hit me off like others have before. The cel shading looks a little underwhelming on the characters or something. Almost reminds me of Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland for PS2.

It's probably the contrast between the character models and the backgrounds. The character models look kind of dull when compared to the sharpness of the backgrounds.

olimario

Banned
I still say this and DC2 aren't cel shaded.
It looks like a cartoon, yes, but that isn't absolutely the definition of cel shading.

Top Bottom