• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Quest VIII scans

Falch

dragonq-3.jpg

dragonq-2.jpg

dragonq-5.jpg

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I wonder how scouting works... I'd have to look up more text but I can't make out the details of the system quite yet.

Meanwhile that new cat-thing looks like it came straight out of Alice In Wonderland or something...

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Doom_Bringer said:
Will this have random battles?

That and long excessive menus and dialogue to boot!
And if it doesn't, a part of history will have died.

Solid

Just bought Dark Chronicle/Cloud 2! :)

I really, really like the look of DQ8. Looks delicious. I just hope Square and Enix releases it in Europe.

Falch

No problem riskbreaker. :)

I think DQ8 looks stunning. I too hope it'll get a release here in Europe. Has any other DQ game been released in Europe?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
He can still draw nicely though, too bad his creativity went out the window along with Tetsuya Nomura's.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
"Encounter monsters on the field?!"
is what it says in the dragon chasing picture.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Dunno, my japanese is very rusty and I don't really want to wake the girlfriend up just to say "OMG WTF does this say?!" Otherwise I'd be able to agree or disagree with you.

However monsters on maps = best ever. C'mon Final Fantasy is doing it, why can't you DQ!

jiggle

Go Go Ackman! said:
Why is this dragon chasing the main character then?

It's not chasing the main character. Looks like the monster was recruited to your team?

Nice to see at least monster party members will be visible on the overworld.

Bebpo

Banned
jiggle said:
It's not chasing the main character. Looks like the monster was recruited to your team?

Nice to see at least monster party members will be visible on the overworld.

No it is chasing the main character :p

Why else would it says "The main character wishes to enter battle so he strikes the dragon following him"? Unless you can beat up your own teammates, but yea...

Top Bottom