• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

So I guess we should have known what Noodle looked like because of this Jaguar Racing promo "she" did back in October.

https://youtu.be/xMeDW1lnDp0

I'd never seen this before today but a) her animation is sublime and b) it looks a lot like the character animation in Saturnz Barz.

Some eagle eyed fans have noticed that the Spirit House from the Saturnz Barz video is located or at least based off of a real building/location that's at 220 Hendrie Street - which is in Detroit.

Whether or not they just used the location as basis or if the fictional band is now actually stationed in the US as opposed to the UK is anyone's guess.

Oh, I noticed they were in the US the first time I watched the video lol.

Their car had a Michigan license plate and they drove on the right side of the road.

isny

napkin dispenser
Oh, I noticed they were in the US the first time I watched the video lol.

Their car had a Michigan license plate and they drove on the right side of the road.

Presumably Plastic Beach was halfway between the UK and the U.S. and they made their way over and The Fall was their first album that was them in America.

Oh damn, I didn't realize the Super Deluxe version had a different record for each track (and the remixed version), that's crazy and awesome.

Preordered the deluxe version on Amazon and got the released tracks so far to listen to. After more time I gotta say that Andromeda continues to be amazing. Saturnz Barz has grown on me to the point it's now my second favorite song in this first batch of songs. The other two songs are fine but a bit forgettable.

Lucent

Saw a YouTube recording of bits of each song from the live show someone recorded. 'Let Me Out' sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear it on the album. And I hope they upload/provide a way for us to watch the full live performance because they are always different than the recordings in some way and sound amazing.

Zer0 Kane

Neo Member
Just got an email from Amazon. New estimated arrival is now April 28. Glad to see that got worked out. Hope it doesn't slip again.

hughesta

Banned
Watched the live show. Even in shit quality you can tell this thing is special.

Let Me Out fucking slaps, and Carnival is maybe the most powerful thing Damon has ever made.

We should have a pre launch listening party where we listenen to an album a week and discuss along with get everyone familiar with their lesser known material.

Lucent

Have you guys heard "The Swagga"? I didn't know that song existed till today.

Really? I think it came with the Demon Days deluxe cd on a dvd. At least that's where I heard it first. I love how it picks up and how Damon gets into it with the "WOOOO! ALRIGHT!" Lol.

Gorillaz

Hong Kong is definitely a top 5 of mine and sometimes my favorite altogether. Damon pretty much all on his own with a very calm production. Simple yet effective

Really? I think it came with the Demon Days deluxe cd on a dvd. At least that's where I heard it first. I love how it picks up and how Damon gets into it with the "WOOOO! ALRIGHT!" Lol.
Yeah, that's how I found it today at the library. Until that point, I had no idea it even existed. Even the YouTube upload of the audio has distinctly fewer views than some of their other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom