• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used pay pal for my order, they sent me a paypal invoice to pay it, which i did. That was on the day the album went up on the website. My order status is still saying pending so I am not sure if this is a mistake or a glitch or what.

I have sent a query over on their website so hope this can be resolved

Sounds like the right procedure. I recently used an eBay gift card I got for Xmas to purchase Binding of Isaac on Switch. eBay stated the payment was received and item was shipped/received in mail but I got an email from Paypal stating that the transaction was declined. Paypal sometimes sends false automated emails if something is weird on your account. To me they need to overhaul their CRM systems.

I'd say a glitch but definitely would want to verify with the storefront/Warner Bros.

Gorillaz is one of those bands that weirdly defined my adolescence. It was one of those bands I dug into because it was so refreshingly weird and experimental. I have fond memories of first listening to Feel Good Inc and watching G4 marathons. Also, yes, it's not weird to think that the few songs released are songs you can't get into. Give them a couple of listens, everything will sink in.

Andromeda is my jam. by the way.

Same, I remember me and my friend going crazy over the band and the Clint Eastwood video on the bus to school back in 2001 when it first came out. She and I were so into it, fond memories indeed.

groansey

I used Paypal. They sent emails apologizing for overcharging some people. Then they said they refunded and needed a repayment. Now they say theyve cancelled the invoice.

So fuck knows what they were doing, but they've lost a sale because of it.

Qasiel

I found my copy of ROTO last year in a tiny flea market kinda place in a sleepy seaside town where my in-laws live, completely by accident. Was wandering through and looking at a random assortment of books on a shelf and there it was. I didn't even know about it, just that it was a massive Gorillaz art book. Went to pay for it (£7.50) and noticed it was signed which made me a very happy bunny.

2-D's part on Saturnz Barz gets me so emotional for some reason, I love it.
Such a beautiful performance.

I've been saying it since I first heard Saturnz Barz, but 2-D's vocals really sound like how they did for El Manana which is one of my favourite songs from Demon Days; it's probably why out of the 4 new tracks it's my favourite.

I'll be honest, I wasn't too fond of Saturn Barz due to the autotune (2D was absolutely amazing though) but now I can't stop listening to it! It's amazing!

Unlike all you awesome fans I wasn't able to preorder it the first day so I didn't get to go to the concert...but I did preorder the Deluxe Edition at Amazon! I just hope that we get the 2D cover.

Also, they really should update Rise of the Ogre. I have the original but I really would like to see more info. Especially in regards to Plastic Beach.

Now that I think about it even more, the whole phase 3 and Plastic Beach thing feels like a dream. Almost like it never happened. I don't know why I think that.

Was listening to a playlist on Spotify and I think that was the first time I heard Doncamatic in full for the first time. That song's pretty good, too bad they didn't release the other Plastic Beach stuff.

2-D's part on Saturnz Barz gets me so emotional for some reason, I love it.
Such a beautiful performance.

It's so good. It's got that same sort of distant, haunted, melancholy that pervaded Demon Days, and it contrasts amazingly well with the bumpin Popcaan vocals.

I think it's one of their best songs tbh. That gospel-esque choir <3

Oh, phew. Just finished going through the last 16 pages to get everyone's concensus on the tracks so far (and opinions on past albums etc). Anyway I preordered the Deluxe vinyl set ASAP and have been loving all 4 tracks so far. I just really love almost everything that Gorillaz puts out; I love their breadth. November Has Come, To Binge, Highway (Under Construction) and Hong Kong are all some of my absolute favorites though. Look forward to discussing with people in the OT!

P.S. The comments on Gorillaz Facebook posts are awash with THE BATH and Murdoch instantly jumping into a festering bathtub. I absolutely approve of this!

Cancelled the deluxe. Between demon days and this 100+ in vinyl is way too much for one month.

Going regular.

Man I really hope they can figure out how to press more Demon Days albums. Such horseshit that it was locked behind a 3 month subscription, too. you'd think Gorillaz would be big enough to warrant a proper repress without some lame middleman.

hughesta

Banned
Let It Out (feat. Mavis Staples and Pusha T) had its length added to iTunes, so it'll probably be released in the next couple days. Song is 2:55.

You can also input your cell number, email address, and first name to the Gorillaz website to sign up for text updates from the virtual band.

Let It Out (feat. Mavis Staples and Pusha T) had its length added to iTunes, so it'll probably be released in the next couple days. Song is 2:55.

You can also input your cell number, email address, and first name to the Gorillaz website to sign up for text updates from the virtual band.

Shut up and take my information. In.

pablito

Man I really hope they can figure out how to press more Demon Days albums. Such horseshit that it was locked behind a 3 month subscription, too. you'd think Gorillaz would be big enough to warrant a proper repress without some lame middleman.

They had them for the one month sub, they just got bought out quick.

Bumpin it on the drive home if it's out on Apple music!

Vectorman

Banned

Yeahh boi let's do this!!!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That's up to the band and label now. VMP purchased the rights to a set amount and allocated to the monthly/tri/half and yearly subs and the monthly sold out &#129335;&#127998;*&#9794;&#65039; Tough luck.

They said the label/band had no plans to do their own repress so who knows what the future holds when it comes to that record, but from the sound of it they ordered a fairly sizeable pressing so the resale market will have quite a few flippers and with such a glut the resale market value will start high but slowly slide out to something reasonable.

If the original pressing is going for $250+ right now I could see the new pressing, when everyone starts getting their records for real and not just place holder sales, the new pressing will probably start off at a matched price but slowly slide down over a few months. There will probably even be bootlegs to match the new pressing and that'll push down the pricing as well.

Patience.

That's up to the band and label now. VMP purchased the rights to a set amount and allocated to the monthly/tri/half and yearly subs and the monthly sold out &#129335;&#127998;*&#9794;&#65039; Tough luck.

They said the label/band had no plans to do their own repress so who knows what the future holds when it comes to that record, but from the sound of it they ordered a fairly sizeable pressing so the resale market will have quite a few flippers and with such a glut the resale market value will start high but slowly slide out to something reasonable.

If the original pressing is going for $250+ right now I could see the new pressing, when everyone starts getting their records for real and not just place holder sales, the new pressing will probably start off at a matched price but slowly slide down over a few months. There will probably even be bootlegs to match the new pressing and that'll push down the pricing as well.

Patience.

Guess patience is the key, but I just think it's bizarre they haven't done their own repress over the years. VMP must be a bigger outfit than I thought if they can afford to nab a deal like this, in a decent quantity too.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Guess patience is the key, but I just think it's bizarre they haven't done their own repress over the years. VMP must be a bigger outfit than I thought if they can afford to nab a deal like this, in a decent quantity too.
Yea they are substantially bigger than they've ever been. I've heard rough figures nearing 20,000 members but that's just taking a few instances of VMP employees shooting off rough numbers and comparing them to past instances of membership number mentions. They've definitely grown quite a bit over three years.

hughesta

Banned
I'd buy one of the represses for $100 easy. Also, how is Let it out for those that have heard it?
closest thing to FGI they've done since FGI. Great beat, gorgeous synths, hype as fuck, seems to have a cool bass line, weird Damon fast-talk, great Pusha T verse.

it's fucking awesome.

closest thing to FGI they've done since FGI. Great beat, gorgeous synths, hype as fuck, seems to have a cool bass line, weird Damon fast-talk, great Pusha T verse.

it's fucking awesome.
Ok cums.
I'm fucking ready.
Also someone on Reddit says Damon sampled Tiny Rick from Rick and Morty for this song?
Album of the year.

Just listened to Momentz, Let Me Out and Murder Sex Party. To anyone, anyone that's doubting this album.

you will be ashamed of your words and deeds

These tracks remind me of demon days more than anything else

If this album is up to par with that then omg. That was one of the best things albarn ever put out.

jxN3

Finally got around to listening to the 4 tracks..

Feeling like these were pretty mediocre, honestly.

Genuinely surprised that so many people dig it. Maybe I'm trippin, will continue to listen to them through my day at work, hoping they are growers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I just listened to Demon Days through for the first time in years. I've always preferred Plastic Beach, but good god did I forget how amazing Feel Good Inc is in context. I always write it off because of how overplayed it was as a single but, yeah, wow.

Momentz is the De La Soul banger people have been waiting for since Feel Good Inc. idk why they didn't release that as the first single

Just listened to Momentz, Let Me Out and Murder Sex Party. To anyone, anyone that's doubting this album.

Wait, so you're saying they're shit? Preorder cancelled.

Edit: Really though, waiting. I'm already wary enough about listening to five songs off this album already, including the two closing tracks.

Ah fuck, will these songs be out on iTunes soon? I love the idea of pre-ordering albums and then having them drip-feed songs until the floodgates hit.

PSY&#12539;S;233331316 said:
The live performances are different enough to not take away from the studio recordings, IMO.

You can only listen to a song for the first time once. Even if there are differences. Also, I like listening to albums from start to finish for the first time.

They've released more than a third of the songs (not counting bonus tracks or interludes), and aren't even done with the early releases yet.
There's like 26 songs on the deluxe album.
We have 6 released if we include let me out. So that's slightly more than a 5th for all recorded album material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom