• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Salsa

2fa97d43-18d1-4797-8d31-ffa33384d39b_zps5d6faf57.jpg

now shop Wario's face on the girl

Brick

There was also mention in the Game Informer article that the cars would have an incredible level of customization.

The customization doesn't end with character progression. The Pay & Spray businesses that used to serve as a quick way to fix up your car and get a new paintjob are now full custom shops. Rockstar says players can tweak both performance and aesthetics at a level on par with Midnight Club: Los Angeles.

If they're bringing a lot of the concepts of combat from Max Payne 3, can we please also grab the entire driving system from Midnight Club? The driving system in GTA4 was so terrible that I didn't get past the first island because I hated it so much.

A.R.K

Never played a GTA but this one looks and sounds great and might be my first. Have they shown PS3 footage at all? All the screens and trailers I have seen look too good and must be highend PC. I remember reading GTA IV ran like crap on PS3? So I am really curious how it runs on PS3 with much bigger world. Might have to get it on PS4 if they announce it.

i don't understand why people are getting so easily hyped again. it's almost as if nothing was learned from the marketing generated hype then utter disappointment that happened with gta4, la noire and max payne 3. it's well known they dump a lot of money on marketing but still. this is ridiculous

i'll be interested after i see some gameplay and impressions from people i can trust. until then, this game doesn't exist to me

Foffy

Banned
Never played a GTA but this one looks and sounds great and might be my first. Have they shown PS3 footage at all? All the screens and trailers I have seen look too good and must be highend PC. I remember reading GTA IV ran like crap on PS3? So I am really curious how it runs on PS3 with much bigger world. Might have to get it on PS4 if they announce it.

Apparently the demo recently shown was on PS3. I do think 360 is the lead version again, as it's always been the case for Rockstar's games this generation outside of Max Payne 3. GTA IV, Midnight Club, RDR are all games that lead on 360. Only L.A. Noire was different, but that wasn't really Rockstar..

i don't understand why people are getting so easily hyped again. it's almost as if nothing was learned from the marketing generated hype then utter disappointment that happened with gta4, la noire and max payne 3. it's well known they dump a lot of money on marketing but still. this is ridiculous

i'll be interested after i see some gameplay and impressions from people i can trust. until then, this game doesn't exist to me

max payne 3 was excellent barring the intrusive cutscenes

Piggus

Apparently the demo recently shown was on PS3. I do think 360 is the lead version again, as it's always been the case for Rockstar's games this generation outside of Max Payne 3. GTA IV, Midnight Club, RDR are all games that lead on 360. Only L.A. Noire was different, but that wasn't really Rockstar..

Why would they be showing the PS3 version if 360 were the lead platform? I would think R* would want to learn from their mistakes (and other developers) and lead with PS3, which according to many devs is beneficial to both versions.

IMACOMPUTA

If they really don't put in full campaign 3 player co-op i BET A MILLION you can recruit your friends multiplayer characters to heist with you.

Ferulci

Summary From GTAV.net
You can buy property; houses, garages and businesses can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.
You can customise yourself with haircuts, new clothes, and tattoos
i5grV1eRWujH4.gif

So is there not car racing in this game (i see only bike racing in the previews)???

what about jet ski racing?

and i still don't understand including yoga as a mini game lol. improves stamina and lung capacity maybe?

Could the table be turned then from earlier in the Gen?

Possibly. The one thing clear is that MS doesn't have co-marketing for this game. Rockstar posted the trailers on the PSblog, which they didn't do with GTA4. And Sony has mentioned it on their Facebook account. So something has changed. Kind of surprised that MS didn't work out another deal with Rockstar.

dreamfall

Could the table be turned then from earlier in the Gen?

I keep hoping yes. But if I remember correctly, Red Dead was demoed on the PS3 throughout. I ended up picking that version up, checking that Digital Foundry piece, and strictly play it on a 360 now. That grass!

SJRB

Gold Member
I had no idea there would be such a big emphasis on heists and preparing them properly.

My hype just increased tenfold.

MormaPope

Banned
Possibly. The one thing clear is that MS doesn't have co-marketing for this game. Rockstar posted the trailers on the PSblog, which they didn't do with GTA4. And Sony has mentioned it on their Facebook account. So something has changed. Kind of surprised that MS didn't work out another deal with Rockstar.

2013 is sort of a different year from 2007/2008 in many ways.

I really really doubt there will be as many noticeable differences between the 360 and PS3 version when compared to past Rockstar games.

If there is, the PS3 version will have better IQ and sharper visuals, the 360 version might have better shadows/slightly better lighting and a more stable framerate.

Foffy

Banned
Why would they be showing the PS3 version if 360 were the lead platform? I would think R* would want to learn from their mistakes (and other developers) and lead with PS3, which according to many devs is beneficial to both versions.

Maybe they wanted to show off the platform that seemed to have suffered the most with the last GTA release? Sega similarly showed off Sonic Generations first on PS3, but the lead version was 360, and as someone already said Red Dead Redemption was also demoed on PS3 (and got extra incentives). I'm sure it won't be night and day or anything heavily different between the versions this late in the console generation. At this point most companies can hit similar levels of parity between versions. L.A. Noire was probably the biggest example of quality difference, and that was because the game originally started entirely as a PS3 exclusive.

Squire

Banned

The trailers have always been front and center on the Live Dashboard, fwiw.

Still, this is gonna be like three discs on 360, I bet.

jimi_dini

9 unique attributes per character:

Special, Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic Ability, Lung capacity

Where is Fat, Total Respect, Sex Appeal, Muscle, Bike Skill and Cycling Skill?

Piggus

I keep hoping yes. But if I remember correctly, Red Dead was demoed on the PS3 throughout. I ended up picking that version up, checking that Digital Foundry piece, and strictly play it on a 360 now. That grass!

All of the preview footage from RDR was from the 360 version though...

dreamfall

All of the preview footage from RDR was from the 360 version though...

The gameplay video series right? Yeah, but here I'm wondering specifically when they (hopefully soon!) put out those trailers, if it'll be 360 footage also? I was pretty sure the reveals and first sessions for Red Dead were on the PS3.

If the missions are varied this might be my game of forever, max Payne 3's gunplay in an open world sounds like a dream

Yeah, this will be so phenomenal! Tightly controlled shooting mechanics in a GTA multiplayer free-roam, MY GOD (Pusha-T voice!)

UrbanRats

They said on the podcast they were trying to figure out how to do theirs. Since Jeff didn't do a video from his house again, I wouldn't be surprised if they're just recording a podcast. This is big enough for that.

Giant Bomb's crew doesn't come off to me as someone who'd be awfully interested in GTAV.
But i'm curious to hear their take.

Squire

Banned
Giant Bomb's crew doesn't come off to me as someone who'd be awfully interested in GTAV.
But i'm curious to hear their take.

Aren't most of them pretty high on RDR? Brad and Ryan in particular? I can't imagine they're less then interested in this. This game sounds like Rockstar meeting GTAIV's greatest critics at the door.

Tunavi

Banned
Summary From GTAV.net
Each character has a 'Special': Franklin is an adrenalin junkie and can slow down time while driving; Trevor has a frenzy mode, where he does double damage, takes half damage, and has a unique melee attack; Michael has his own version of bullet time
holy shit

abundant

People are hyped because R* are addressing a lot of the complaints of GTA4 like the gunplay, lack of stuff to buy, lack of customization, lack of stuff to do , etc. They are also bringing back various features from past games that people loved like wildlife, buying properties, leveling up stats, more customization, gangs, etc.

GQman2121

Banned
Wild life is where it's at. That was easily the best part of Red Dead. I can't wait to see what they have in store for multiplayer.

I'm still massively curious about that whole Sony/R* thing where they co-developed LA Noire, or R* owing money or something. I keep thinking R* is going to show some exclusive (The Agent anyone?), or do something special for GTA for PlayStation.

If this doesn't come to next gen consoles (which I guess it wont since San Andreas never did) then I guess that's why Sony/MS isn't trying as hard to secure exclusivity/marketing rights

UrbanRats

Aren't most of them pretty high on RDR? Brad and Ryan in particular? I can't imagine they're less then interested in this. This game sounds like Rockstar meeting GTAIV's greatest critics at the door.

You could be right, it was just a feeling i had.

Top Bottom