• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Artex

Banned
GTA V will be announced at Sony's E3 press conference as next-gen exclusive to the PS4 and heads will explode. It will also come free with The Last Guardian and a handjob.

Free mode wasn't gimped in GTA IV w/ friends.

GTAIV didn't have free play area restrictions and the teeming indigenous population was still present. A lot of the more structured modes like Deathmatch were smaller scale and may have done away with those social accoutrements, but Free Roam it exactly that... roaming free in Liberty.
Hmm if you guys say so. I don't recall that being the case. I seem to remember there being less traffic and pedestrians, hell sometimes the place looked like a ghost town.

sunnz

Hmm if you guys say so. I don't recall that being the case.

gta iv free roam wasn't gimped. It had traffic and pedestrians, cops everything except from missions...

I recall like 2 to 5 certain vehicles not being added in.

Can't remember on the consoles, but on the PC you can edit servers to turn off traffic, pedestrians etc so you may have joined those servers.#

The latter.
Having it on the d-pad, seems like i'll be pressing it for mistake a lot.

I am sure if that is how it works, it wont be instant and and will be accidental press proof ( confirmation)
I think it will most likely just be on the phone, it should be anyway. CVG said something about pressing down is about the MP characters you made or something, not about it activating MP.

CookTrain

Hmm if you guys say so. I don't recall that being the case. I seem to recall there being less traffic and pedestrians, hell sometimes the place looked like a ghost town.

The only notable restriction, much to my chagrin, was that the buddy activities weren't multiplayer enabled. Nothing sadder than a non-functional bowling alley.

So it seems that this game is sort of deriving max payne combat, red dead wildlife, etc....

I wonder what brilliant concept this game will derive from LA Noire?

gta iv free roam wasn't gimped. It had traffic and pedestrians, cops everything except from missions...

I recall like 2 to 5 certain vehicles not being added in.

Can't remember on the consoles, but on the PC you can edit servers to turn off traffic, pedestrians etc so you may have joined those servers.

I think it was the same on consoles.

So many features that should have been put into IV, but it seems like they dropped them so they could being them back later and make them fresh again.

Sounds pretty great. More fun things to be had with car-jackin, hpoker-killin, and wave-humping. Just need that PC version.

So it seems that this game is sort of deriving max payne combat, red dead wildlife, etc....

I wonder what brilliant concept this game will derive from LA Noire?

I hope you aren't suggesting that's a bad thing. If GTA V has to be a frankenstein of the best elements of Rockstars previous games, then so be it.

Lakitu

st5fu
When do we usually find out about radio stations/licensed music in the game?

All the features sound great, just really really hope on-foot controls are really a lot better. They're so awkward in GTA IV and even RDR.

Sec0nd

Max Payne gun play? Say what? Shooting as satisfying as one of the best third person shooters in my GTA? FUCK.YES.

tumblr_ll5sj3LUoZ1qgjpfvo1_250.gif

I gotta admit I wasn't terribly pumped about this game at first (not because of GTA4 or anything like that), but the more I hear the better it sounds.

Will buy
for PC.

GTA V will be announced at Sony's E3 press conference as next-gen exclusive to the PS4 and heads will explode. It will also come free with The Last Guardian and a handjob.

It will be announced on Wii U. Reggie is going to come out with a GTAV tattooed on his ready body. Gaf will assplode.

Max Payne gun play? Say what? Shooting as satisfying as one of the best third person shooters in my GTA? FUCK.YES.

I want to believe this, so fucking bad.

Same. Especially with Michael's bullet time.

I hope the physicality of the character carrying the long gun in his off hand even while using a pistol in his other will return. That was awesome.

GOTY?

GOTY.

This will be my most played game by the end of the year. No doubt.

Everything I loved about both Vice City and San Andreas has been improved and new things have been added and the things that were not present in GTA IV has been put back.

I can not wish for anything more. It is going to be an awesome ride.

Top Bottom