• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

ekim

After reading about the Heist missions, I think I'm going on a media blackout. That really sounds like my dream game. Heist simulator with real preparation and open world... September can't come soon enough. And R* better also release a next gen version - if only for a better frame rate.

Only thing bothering me a bit is the multiple characters. Does that mean separate leveling of techniques? And is your money, weapons, property shared? Like if a buy a house and guns with one character, do i still own and have access to it?

The leveling of stats and abilities is definitely character independent. Not sure about the rest. I was going to say that I wouldn't be surprised if money amount was shared between them, but after thinking about it I'm not so sure.

There is no next gen version.
igeyT5SjvTdvd.gif

But GTA IV had framerate issues. RDR was barren and Max Payne isn't open world, so can't really compare. Every console GTA game has framerate problems. The new features in this one don't make it sound like they're going away.
Exactly this. GTA4 framerate on the consoles was horrible, as I'd expect it to be in any richly detailed open world metropolitan settings.

Will hold out.

JBuccCP

It sounds like the combination of all the best bits from almost all of Rockstars previous games merged into one. Now just let me carsurf!

So pumped for buying property. It finally brings back a value to the things you do becaus eyou can get "stuff."

Goddam Rockstar, goddam, you bringing it.

dreamfall

So pumped for buying property. It finally brings back a value to the things you do becaus eyou can get "stuff."

Goddam Rockstar, goddam, you bringing it.

I'm so happy they changed this from the original story on Game Informer. That safe house/property buying is one of my favorite parts of the GTA series!

But GTA IV had framerate issues. RDR was barren and Max Payne isn't open world, so can't really compare. Every console GTA game has framerate problems. The new features in this one don't make it sound like they're going away.

I have faith in them. I've been playing Episodes from Liberty City on my 360 recently and don't really notice any framerate dips. *shrug*

I am starting to the the delay may have had something to do w/ adding the property buying, haircuts, tattoos, etc.

That's what I was thinking, and I'm fine with that if true. Especially the property buying, if we're going to have a lot of money you need to be able to spend it on stuff other than guns and armor.

-Amon-

Calm down that's too good to be true .... calm down that's too good to be true .... calm down that's too good to be true .... calm down that's too good to be true .... calm down that's too good to be true ....

SRTtoZ

Wow. This holiday is going to be amazing. GTA5, KZ:SF, Beyond, PS4/Nextbox etc. I am not dissapoint.

Marleyman

Banned
Holy shit, these details sound like someone's imagined game and not something that can possibly come for real.

I always preached, "give them 5 years, RDR, MP3 and they will fulfill the checklist of things that everyone missed in GTA IV." Well, they have went beyond that checklist IMO.

Awww fuck.

This is gonna be pretty hard, come September. You could go for the PS360 version, or you can wait for either the inevitable next gen version or the possible PC version.

owasog

No PC announcement = No excitement

Please announce the PC version ASAP. I want to be excited about this game!

Marleyman

Banned
Silencers being in make the cops showing up, unless they actually see the crime or people running, happening less. This should please those that didn't like the cops coming around when they shot guns in Liberty City.

Awww fuck.

This is gonna be pretty hard, come September. You could go for the PS360 version, or you can wait for either the inevitable next gen version or the possible PC version.

I'll probably wait for the PS4 version, but damn I don't know if my heart can wait...

SRTtoZ

Awww fuck.

Both. Ill pick up the current version when its released, then the PC version when thats released and maybe even a next gen version.

I really hope there's co-op or free play in this, but without area restrictions or turning all the pedestrians and traffic off. If I recall it was pretty gimped in IV.

Im going on a media blackout. I cant fucking believe what I'm readin abou this game right here. Good god. It really is San Andreas 2. Fuck that its San Andreas 2 and 3!! So much content!!

Is destined to be my game of the forever!

CookTrain

I really hope there's co-op or free play in this, but without area restrictions or turning all the pedestrians and traffic off. If I recall it was pretty gimped in IV.

GTAIV didn't have free play area restrictions and the teeming indigenous population was still present. A lot of the more structured modes like Deathmatch were smaller scale and may have done away with those social accoutrements, but Free Roam it exactly that... roaming free in Liberty.

Salsa

god damn at having Max Payne 3's gunplay, even to the point of having the X reticle with headshots and all

this is all that I wanted

Top Bottom