• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Here’s your headline: the gunplay is Max Payne 3′s, broadly speaking, right down to the turning circle and the kill-confirming reticule X. This is no copy-paste from Rockstar’s 2012 shooter, though: there’s a new evasive roll, and a ‘combat jog’ that lets you move at speed with your weapon drawn, but not raised.

500.gif

The soon-to-be Game of the Year 2013 hasn't even been released yet but if Rockstar hit even half of the features/abilities they are promising then it would still win. With the journalists getting to finally see the game run on a console and still say that it looked impressive I have full faith that the end product will be incredible.

However, I simply can not figure out how they are making this awesome of a game on 7+ year old hardware with only 512MB of RAM! I honestly don't even know what to expect for the next GTA that is fully developed with next generation hardware in mind. Massive disk space, massive HDD, and 8GB of RAM can only lead to amazement. But, the current year is only 2013 and I must suffer with this masterpiece from Rockstar this fall.

Nakazato

This will be my Ps3's swan song after this I buy no more ps3 games.

Edited: Do to not proof reading on my Cell phone >.<

DigitalOp

Banned
So this is what Rockstar was doing all that time...

Making a damn swan song for the entire generation. Holy balls.

So question GAF, When this releases, is RDR gonna fall off completely. Because Im not done with that game and multiplayer is pretty damn fun!

Amir0x

Banned
NPCs will be looking for treasures too? How does that even... how would one even know how fast they would look for them and then they're gone?

Anyway, this game sounds just insanely more packed than GTAIV... like another generation of game or some shit. Good show, Rockstar.

OutToLunch

Neo Member
NPCs will be looking for treasures too? How does that even... how would one even know how fast they would look for them and then they're gone?

Anyway, this game sounds just insanely more packed than GTAIV... like another generation of game or some shit. Good show, Rockstar.

Perhaps you can acquire the treasure from NPCs after they have found it? Complete a mission?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

I wonder if it means that when you're near treasure competition will show up, and you'll have to beat them to the treasure or otherwise take it from them. Because yeah, it'd be weird if NPCs can just take treasure while you're exploring other parts of the game.

p3tran

Banned
max payne 3 gunplay, enhanced vehicle customization, sounds good.

how about announcing pc date and we all be happy?

UrbanRats

Yeah i wouldn't read too much into that, sounds like preview embellishment to me.

antitrop

I wonder if it means that when you're near treasure competition will show up, and you'll have to beat them to the treasure or otherwise take it from them. Because yeah, it'd be weird if NPCs can just take treasure while you're exploring other parts of the game.
I would assume if an NPC collects the treasure before you do, the game will alert you to their presence and force you to beat the shit out of them.

I doubt any aspect of this concept will make it to the final game, seems silly.

MormaPope

Banned
I'm surprised that there is a desire for regenerating health. Damn Halo.

Health management works extremely well for FPS and stealth games, open world games where most of the fun comes from unpredictable adventuring and antics don't necessarily require health management.

Raptomex

So...is body armor visible? Does it function the way it's supposed to? Max Payne 3s entire combat gameplay was incredible.

Sweet jesus!

I like the fact that the map will be entirely open from the start. I am sure certain areas like gang territory, area 51 (speculative), whatever, whatever will be technically open... but if you go there without the right street cred, or outfit, or hookup, or whatever... they are hostile areas that are more or less closed, until you progress further into the game.

hatchx

Banned
Fuck I want this so badly, I'm almost as excited for this as I am The Last of Us.

Those details are delicious.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's waaaay too early, but if this is what R* are capable of with the current hardware, imagine what they'll do with RDR2 nextgen. YE GADS.

Andrew.

Banned
For a few more weeks, anyway.

Even though I like him it's actually been kind of pleasant, I'm not going to lie.

For real. The forum feels so different and pleasant without him pissing in everyones cereal. It has been a glorious past few weeks here.

antitrop

Will pick up the PC version and a new graphics card Spring 2014.

Wait a few months on that GPU. Nvidia's 800 series will be worth waiting, by all expectations. Probably May/June 2014.

GTX 880 gonna be hot shit. That's my next card, I'm saving already. Who needs a PS4/Xbox?

World bigger than RDR? Shooting like Max Payne 3? Buying property? Aesthetic customization? Lite RPG elements? All of the world accessible from the start? Drop in/drop out online multiplayer? A ton of car customization? In-game photo support?

tumblr_m5mfa6OocG1qb05kio1_500.jpg

If this is anything less than my game of the year I will be shocked and Rockstar would have to really screw it up. Like, really screw it up.

For real. The forum feels so different and pleasant without him pissing in everyones cereal. It has been a glorious past few weeks here.
The real problem is people keep arguing with him, when he usually expresses his opinion pretty well. If everybody would just accept that he doesn't like many modern games and quit responding to him over and over again repeating the same stuff it would be just as calm.

The Lamp

I'd like cheat codes to return. They are what made half the experience for me in GTA San Andreas and their implementation in GTA4 was pretty lame.

I'd like cheat codes to return. They are what made half the experience for me in GTA San Andreas and their implementation in GTA4 was pretty lame.

Yes please. I must've spent hours just fucking around with the flying car cheat in San Andreas.

IV's cheats were really disappointing.

I'd assume there'll just be other people swimming around "looking" for treasure so that you'll have people to interact with while under water. They could also indicate to players that there's treasure around if they see a high density of npcs in a particular location.

Top Bottom